Android (6 Viewers)

Bozi

The Bozman
Administrator
Oct 18, 2005
so guys, i am due an upgrade soon and am thinking of an Android powered phone, i was looking at the HTC Hero Graphite but wanting some feedback

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
so guys, i am due an upgrade soon and am thinking of an Android powered phone, i was looking at the HTC Hero Graphite but wanting some feedback
i personally would get the motorola milestone

its one of the best android powered devices on the market and its also what i'm trying to get.

the hero has numerous hardware issues and its not as powerful as it should be. thats why i opted not to get it. apparently what HTC has been doing is put out a number of phones each with something uniquely good about it but not a phone that delivers the total package. i don't understand if this is part of their business model but its dumb. and now that companies like Samsung, Motorola and Dell are putting out android devices HTC really needs to improve its releases.

OP
JCK

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
  • Thread Starter #89
    Which apps do you guys recommend?
    Handscent SMS
    Phonebook
    APNdroid
    Meebo
    Dolphin browser
    Meridian Media Player
    Toggle Settings
    ASTRO
    Advanced Task Killer

These are for starters. Then it depends on what you are actually looking for to use on your phone.

.zero

★ ★ ★
    Aug 8, 2006
    Which apps do you guys recommend?
    get ready because here is my list that i have and highly recommend:

Google Voice (if you have an account)
    Twidget Lite (widget)
    Dolphin Web Browser (quite possibly the best mobile browser i've ever used on any phone)
    Advanced Task Killer
    Astro file browser
    B&B Quick Uninstaller
    CNET scan and shop
    Documents To Go
    Fandango
    Google Goggles
    Listen
    Live Scores
    Open Table
    Pandora
    RSS Widgetboard (my news widget)
    Shazaam
    SMS Popup
    Tipper
    Ustream broadcast
    Weatherbug (widget)
    Yelp
    Where's my droid

.zero

★ ★ ★
    Aug 8, 2006
    Handscent SMS
    Phonebook
    APNdroid
    Meebo
    Dolphin browser
    Meridian Media Player
    Toggle Settings
    ASTRO
    Advanced Task Killer

These are for starters. Then it depends on what you are actually looking for to use on your phone.
    i used chompSMS and then switched to Handcent when i had the G2 (Magic) but i found that the phone just ran even slower with those apps

but then again the Magic is just a slow device regardless unless you overclock it. i know some folks who overclocked their Magic's and the phone runs like a lean mean machine.

.zero

★ ★ ★
    Aug 8, 2006
    Can you give a short info how those applications work or what they do? :oops:
    sure thing

get ready because here is my list that i have and highly recommend:

Google Voice (if you have an account) -- this is service provided by google so you can research it online
    Twidget Lite (widget) -- twitter client that runs as a live widget on your phone's homescreen
    Dolphin Web Browser (quite possibly the best mobile browser i've ever used on any phone)
    Advanced Task Killer -- app that allows you to end programs that are running which you may not be using. i use it to free up memory
    Astro file browser -- lets me explore files on my phone
    B&B Quick Uninstaller -- the best program to use to uninstall apps from your phone
    CNET scan and shop -- you can take a pic of a barcode on a product and it will search CNET.com for the best prices and reviews on the product
    Documents To Go -- allows you to view MS office documents
    Fandango -- you can look up movie times at any theater and buy tix as well
    Google Goggles -- search google using an image
    Listen -- lets you download/stream podcasts and other audible media (another google product)
    Live Scores -- check scores of any sport with live real-time updates
    Open Table -- lets you make reservations at restaurants online without having to call
    Pandora -- free online radio, but i still prefer grooveshark
    RSS Widgetboard (my news widget) -- lets you have your fav news sources on your homescreen with auto live updates
    Shazaam -- if you hear a song that you don't know you can hold the phone up to the speaker and it will find out the artist and name of the song
    SMS Popup -- best app i have --
    Tipper -- calculates tip amount
    Ustream broadcast -- lets you watch Ustream streams on your phone. but you need a 3G or WIFI connection to watch. i'm hoping to try this out for the next juve match
    Weatherbug (widget) -- weather on my homescreen
    Yelp -- restaurant/bar reviews by other people. it comes in handy when trying out a new place
    Where's my droid -- helps you find your phone if you lost it and if its on silent

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)