Android (17 Viewers)

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
S6? It looks beautiful. My friend has it but he is experiencing lagging, that's why I am not buying it.

I've had bad experience with Samsung phones, they start lagging and get slow too soon. My M8 is still a badass after 1,5 years. Sony is strong like that too.
Yeah my M8 is fine I just want a change. Is the Sony out?

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
i use a xiaomi mi3. i bought it a year ago, and it was flagship grade stuff for chips (~230€) then. my only complaint is the width of the body.

i used a sony xperia p before the mi3. software-wise, the worst phone i've ever had. sonys are usually nice, but almost every model has an annoying fuckup. e.g. the z3c offers great battery life, flagship performance, nice screen, but the camera overheats quickly and you simply cannot take pictures until it cools down. the z3 also tends to overheat so much than the glue holding the phone together melts and the back cover falls off. the xperia sl offered nice performance within its class, but after a couple of updates, it begun to lag like it had 512mb of ram. etc. so no sony for me until they come out with a phone without a major flaw.

Dino_mk

Sep 5, 2007

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
The time has come for me to replace my Lg G3.
I am tired from its size and above all its battery. I only wanted a G2 with better camera, visible dark tones and a sd card.
I came up to the conclusion that my needs are a phone that must remain mobile, so be no longer than 14cm, wider than 7,2cm and thicker than 9mm and no more heavier than 150gr.
The screen to body ratio must by at least 70%, the ringtone power must be at least capable to ring at 75db.
Ppi should be close to 320, anymore than that us sn excess for battety drain and cpu+GPU torturer.
Sun visibility must be around 2000 and contrast at 1500
Stereo speaker are a nice addittion, camera lens close to 1\2 so that it can take photos at low light conditions.
And finally I would appreciate dust and water resistance, dust causes the very often digitizer issues and air humidity can void your guarantee.
I prefer android above all, so that I can tweak it as I see fit and as Apple thinks would be best fornthe average Joe.
So I need at least 2gb of ram for 720p screens, 3for 1080p and 4gb for Qhd, or 4k.
So there can be only one mobile that is not a compromise to be synced with my mind for the next 2years,
the Samsung galaxy S6 active, unfortunately though it wont come to Europe, as it is At&t exclusive.
So I was expecting for the new nexus, hopong that this time the battery will be better, the camera will be better, the sound will be decent, if they wont give me an SD card option, the base model would start from 32gb, so that a 64option would be available. Hopefully it would come with a new sd series 600chip and 3-4GB of ram and wont look like my mothers dirty cheap Lumia 535...
But actially the new nexus will be yet again such a dissapointment and in my country its price will start from 600euros...
I really hate that the latest generations of monile are mostly destined for girls. Thin with lousy battery endurance for this fragile nails, with gimmick fingerprint scanners to hold their dirty little secrets, with better selfie cams, so that they can take the best selfie to post on fb for a high like number, coming in a large variety of gold nuances...

So I guess there can be only one, choice, for a European straight man in 2016, the Sony Xperia Z5 compact...

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
I hate it with passion,mit was the total let down for me, espmcoming from a G3.
I would like to Lg reducing the dimensions of its flagship, not any case grow larger.
And if they grow larger, they ought to give me smth significant back, as i find G3, a bit too big for my taste
Sony guve waterproof to justify its size and bazels, Htc top notch stereo speakers, Samsung has physical buttons, so that they can take advantage of the screen space others use for the lower bar.
Lg had the best bazels in the market, that was their trademark and with G2, they also got superb battery endurance, these 2 elements got me in the first place and of course competitive performance.
But with G4, they had the slowest chip amongst flagships, despite the bigger size, no bigger screen or bigger battery.
So actually more of the same, with a bit newer tech on camera and display, but still the same features and same resolutions.
On the places that matter to me though, they became worse, I prefer the elegant metal metal like feel of G3 and its symmetric beauty and i wouldnt trade battery endurance and small bazels, for bigger selfie cam and fashionable leatherback, definitly wouldnt pay premium numbers for a side step, I would rather have smth that it will improve were G3 is lacking...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 17)