Andrija Živković (14 Viewers)

Itztli

'Curious'
May 12, 2011
U20 World Cups generally aren't the place to spot future champions, with the obvious exception of predestined players who took part. You only have to look through teams, squad lists, top scorers, players of the tournament over the last 6-10 tournaments to see that. The further down the youth levels you go it seems to get even more erratic.
True, but at least you can get a general idea who can improve your national player pool. With this Serbian U-20 side, I can see already the three mentioned that are ready for the senor team and about three/ four more if they pan out. In contrast here with the U.S team that played them in the quarter-finals, I can see only 2 that are ready for the senor team and additional 3 that could be ready. Again tho, youth tournament are crapshoots like you said. So let's wait and see. :D

Buy on AliExpress.com
OP
Gagi

Gagi

Jul 19, 2007
  • Thread Starter #22
    It depends on players, their personality and how their career is handled. I think only 4-5 players who won the u20 WC will have great careers. Živković and Rajković are in that list.

No one expected us to win EC and WC... Rajković was vital. He was in god-mode against Brazil.

Just take a look.

OP
    Gagi

Gagi

Jul 19, 2007
  • Thread Starter #28
    Europa League player of the round. I know my scouting shit.

Contract runs out in june.

Fake Melo

Ghost Division
    Sep 3, 2010
    We sign unknown kids in Italy and Spain all the time, do we not have scouts in Balkan or what's the deal? I'd like us to do more scouting there.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
    Apr 2, 2007
    We do and have signed kids from there, less known ones than this guy.
    The last (only?) time we signed a kid from these parts, who later left a mark in Juve, was when we signed the 20 years old Igor Tudor in 1998.
    Then again, we were never a team that would sign young foreigners with an intention to develop them for the first team. We usually bought the final product.

Osman

Koul Khara!
    Aug 30, 2002
    Think JuveJay is talking about for the primavera, which is essentially pointless consideration for the main team. This kid might be 19, primavera age, but as MVP of YWC and player of the week for EL level player, is senior footie considered only player. Unlike someone like Vadala who is still youth level one.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
    Mar 6, 2007
    Think JuveJay is talking about for the primavera, which is essentially pointless consideration for the main team.
    But absolutely on point in what I was replying to, which was the presumption that we don't have scouts in the region. We have scouts everywhere.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 13)