Andrei Arshavin - Forward - Arsenal (8 Viewers)

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
Arshavin is against everything Conte stands for. This guy wont chase down a ball if the opponent has fallen down 5 meters from him, he is actually THE laziest player in football. Add to that he's also shockingly inconsistent and it's pretty obvious that he isn't coming here. I wouldn't even buy him for 3m considering his wages would be astronomical
Balotelli is much Lazier. Make it 2nd laziest famous player in football

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
Arshavin made 25 starts in the EPL last year and yet managed to score 6 goals and 11 assists. 10 goals and 18 assists in all competitions in 37 starts.
This is an out of form Arshavin who publicly declared that he does not enjoy football in England and isnt happy at Arsenal.

I'd buy him as long as he is under 12 mill. He would easily be the best player in our squad. Compare that with Elia or Vargas or Bastos for 15 mill if not more.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Is that relevant, since you're so confident in Ziegler & DC covering the left flank?
Yes it is relevant because upon their weaknesses, you would be ok employing a LM that is offers MUCH less defensively? My point is, and I hope you can figure it out, that ideally our LB is not the strongest defensively anyways, but we need a hard working LM that is not opposed to tracking back and helping out when necessary. Just look how hard Lichts work load is because Krasic can get beat by anything with legs...imagine how hard it would be for our LB's what are no where near Licht's level defensively.

Byrone

Peen Meister
Dec 19, 2005
Yes it is relevant because upon their weaknesses, you would be ok employing a LM that is offers MUCH less defensively? My point is, and I hope you can figure it out, that ideally our LB is not the strongest defensively anyways, but we need a hard working LM that is not opposed to tracking back and helping out when necessary. Just look how hard Lichts work load is because Krasic can get beat by anything with legs...imagine how hard it would be for our LB's what are no where near Licht's level defensively.
Where did i state such a thing? Now you're not so confident in Ziegler & DC's abilities & yet you gave me a mouthful when i was bitching about not finding a solid LB. Make up your mind, ladyboy.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Where did i state such a thing? Now you're not so confident in Ziegler & DC's abilities & yet you gave me a mouthful when i was bitching about not finding a solid LB. Make up your mind, ladyboy.
Nice insult.

You implied through your post I was OK with our Left flank being held together by Ziegler/DC like I never thought twice about having a competent LM to help them out.

I never gave you a mouthful, I said I was ok with them as our LB and thus far have done fine...yesterday's goal came from the right. If we have a good LM then yes, I would be confident. If not, then absolutely my confidence goes out the window. I don't think I need to explain myself here when common sense should tell you exactly what I mean.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
I will give it to Pirlo yesterday, he seemed a bit more motivated defensively. He did get stuck in a few times which was nice to see him do.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Word. It's almost as hard as our CB's with Marchisio - Pirlo in front of them
Also...it wouldn't look half as bad on our CBs if we had someone better than Bonucci.

(sorry for the double posts, my work PC won't let me edit so maybe a mod can join them together?)

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
i'd like to note one thing, altho its against what i usually say about leftwingers needed to be able to help in defence.

When you have a winger, usually he eighter needs to be defensively capabale, or have a massive fullback like licht behind him.

However, if you have a winger that has a very good endproduct and thus provides alot of danger to the opponents defence, it doesnt requite a good fullback.

the opponent team just cant afford to let him lose, because he'll rape them on the counter.

Thing is, i dont think any of the wingers we can get is providing anything near that, so vargas would still be best choise.
arshavin, could, but i think he is mentally over his top, saturated. i'm afraid he could be another grosso

Lo-Pan

Disciple of Gonzo
Feb 11, 2009
i'd like to note one thing, altho its against what i usually say about leftwingers needed to be able to help in defence.

When you have a winger, usually he eighter needs to be defensively capabale, or have a massive fullback like licht behind him.

However, if you have a winger that has a very good endproduct and thus provides alot of danger to the opponents defence, it doesnt requite a good fullback.

the opponent team just cant afford to let him lose, because he'll rape them on the counter.

Thing is, i dont think any of the wingers we can get is providing anything near that, so vargas would still be best choise.
arshavin, could, but i think he is mentally over his top, saturated. i'm afraid he could be another grosso
Agreed on those points, zach...although I doubt arshavin could ever prove as lifeless and impotent as the Juve Grosso. And what about the little argie...perotti???

The problem we have is that neither of our left backs are defensively brilliant. Both are more comfortable offensively than defensively, with the positional sense of de ceglie, still absolutely appalling, after a heavy number of games in the the top flight, several different managers...he has given us 4-6 weeks of decent form. I would prefer to see Ziegler starting. he is better offensively and at least competent in covering the LB position.

I am unsure about Vargas, but am definitely assuming we are going to sign someone for that LW, and the peruvian monster has pace, power, directness, can shoot, cross, fight and a wolverine spirit. He is also used to serie A. So yeh, why not eh?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)