Andrea Pirlo (104 Viewers)

vote

• Legend

• History

Results are only viewable after voting.

kappa96

Jun 20, 2018
Watching All or nothing.
My God our team celebration against Torino when we won 2 - 1 against them was sooo cringe.
I would understand if we were to go top of Seria A, but at the time we were 6 points behind.
Yet all of them were so happy, like they just won the CL.
Pirlo or any Juve coach should be furious with that win. They had 1 - 0 and Zaza could have made it 2, missing a clear one on one chance with Tek.
They barely got by. They should have been spanked for that dreadful win, not praised.
Reserve your praise when you win 3 - 0 against those peasants.
Bunch of weaklings always needing a pat on the back.

Last edited:

Zzak

Sep 11, 2014
He was clueless as a coach. We had 38 different formations in 38 matches. No clear game ideas, wasted the final year with CR7 and won nothing of notice. First coach in 9 years to fail to win the title.
Was a spineless piece of trash that did not have the backbone to offer in his resignation after losing at home to Benevento.

That was instant sack result.

4 good years as a player do not make up for such incompetence and spinelessness for him to keep his spot in the legends section.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
That makes him a poor coach, not a piece of trash. Altough I think he has been thrown to the sharks. His lack of experience as a manager was apparent. The team has also been poorly assembled over the years, as it is becoming obvious that constant change of managers doesnt bring desired results.

He earned his legendary status as a player here. Whatever he does as a coach bears no significance on his playing career.

Zzak

Sep 11, 2014
Then maybe we should rename the thread to Andrea Pirlo(the player) to avoid confusion. Because Andrea Pirlo(the coach) belongs in the trash bin.

Jun 27, 2011
It still baffles me that this piece of trash is in the legends section
I'd be surprised if you ever saw another real Juventus fan call Pirlo a piece of trash. What he did for us was nothing short of amazing. He wrote incredible chapters with elegance. He did more for us than Zidane did. Pirlo will be considered a legend by every real Juventus fan. And those who understand just the basics of football understand his difficulties as our coach.

Stop trolling. This isn't an opinion. Pirlo is a legend.

Zzak

Sep 11, 2014
I'd be surprised if you ever saw another real Juventus fan call Pirlo a piece of trash. What he did for us was nothing short of amazing. He wrote incredible chapters with elegance. He did more for us than Zidane did. Pirlo will be considered a legend by every real Juventus fan. And those who understand just the basics of football understand his difficulties as our coach.

Stop trolling. This isn't an opinion. Pirlo is a legend.
As someone who has been watching football for the past 23 years and who is working on the biggest football game in the world for the past 7 years, I think I know a thing or two about football.
People here tend to have short memories and there are countless who have called him a piece of trash in one form or another during his stint as a coach.

I understand that my opinion is not popular among this forum, but it stays unchanged. Unless there is a clear differentiation between Pirlo the coach and Pirlo the player, for me, his legend status as a player is erased by his abysmal stint as a coach. It was nothing short of horrendous given the squad he was given.

We had the best defence and the best attack on paper. He just had to make the midfield work somehow, but failed miserably.

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
As someone who has been watching football for the past 23 years and who is working on the biggest football game in the world for the past 7 years, I think I know a thing or two about football.
People here tend to have short memories and there are countless who have called him a piece of trash in one form or another during his stint as a coach.

I understand that my opinion is not popular among this forum, but it stays unchanged. Unless there is a clear differentiation between Pirlo the coach and Pirlo the player, for me, his legend status as a player is erased by his abysmal stint as a coach. It was nothing short of horrendous given the squad he was given.

We had the best defence and the best attack on paper. He just had to make the midfield work somehow, but failed miserably.
@JCK

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
...He just had to make the midfield work somehow, but failed miserably.
just:touched:

before we signed loca, our last starting lineup worthy midfielder was pjanic, and he turned to shit after his injury at the middle of the sarri season. just look at arthur, he gifted 2 goals to benevento. rabiot is invisible for the majority of his time on the pitch. and loca is forced to play cb/regista while he'd be better a bit more up front.

i wasn't happy with pirlo at all, still, the state of our midfield is a complete mess since that pjanic injury. a few good games by bentancur could mask the problem here and there, but all of our last 3 coaches struggled to make the midfield click. we have good players if you look at them in a vacuum, still, those have zero chemistry and very low compatibility. no pure dm, no pure regista, neither of them is an exceptional box to box, forward passing is limited (save for locatelli), consistent defensive contribution is limited, holding game is limited (save for arthur, when can play more than 50-60 minutes without dying on the pitch), box presence is limited (only mckennie and loca has some, but loca must play a cb/regista unless arthur is available), etc.

sarri struggled, pirlo struggled, allegri struggles to find a solution. i see no coincidence here. it's a very tough puzzle indeed.

and yes, pirlo is a juve legend in my book too despite his questionable rookie year as a coach. as a player, he was immense and indispensable for our winning cycle.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 101)