Andrea Pirlo (51 Viewers)

vote

• Legend

• History

Results are only viewable after voting.

Strickland

May 17, 2019
He was terrible. The season was pure shit but the squad is really unbalanced, we have no midfield, had no time to prepare and a shit load of injuries in a congested fixture list. Not making excuses but it can't be compared to the last number of seasons especially considering how much stronger Inter and other teams are now. Many managers would of struggled in his situation.
I'd agree that we have no midfield if our mid was made out of only Portanovas and Fagioli's, but that's not the case. guess which midfield is ours from the transfermarkt data of top7 Serie A teams: (juventus, inter, roma, milan, napoli, atalanta, lazio)

avg.age 24.17
avg.value €28.03m

€24.20m

€23.38m

€22.85m

€22.73m

€19.29m

€12.97m

Buy on AliExpress.com

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
The teams above us all had coaches who were already at their teams and they had experience. Let's be real; that's a huge difference.

But yeah, of course we're much better than scraping for a top-4 finish. It was coming 'though.
We don't have a bunch of toddlers at the club who need babysitting though. This is a serial winning team. The drop in performances was way too drastic. You're painting a picture as if Pirlo had to work with a whole new squad altogether who never had winning experience.

Is this 'this was coming' a way to justify Pirlo's incompetency? I know you're a winemaker apologist but please try to be reasonable here.

This team has played 50+ games this season and there was barely any progress. Again, just because it's his first year at the job, that doesn't justify keeping him. Since when did we become Arsenal happy to accept mediocre results?

I don't see a process or a project here. All I see is an overproud clown who's way above his head with his 'philosophy'. He needs to be brought down to earth and ideally work in a low pressure environment so he could improve as a manager. Juventus is not that place, sorry.

kappa96

Jun 20, 2018
From the front pages of GdS

Pirlo edges closer to Juventus exit: Real Madrid unsure about Allegri, Juventus try again
Max, look who’s back!
There’s an intrigue between Agnelli and Florentino, but the former Bianconeri coach is in pole for the job, ahead of Zidane.
Despite two trophies and a top four finish, Pirlo has little chance of staying, the Old Lady want a top coach.

Taken from here

https://www.football-italia.net/todayspapers/171153

Akshen

Aug 27, 2010
even if this season doesnt look so bad at the end when u look at the two trophies, he has to be sacked. We played good only at the beggining when his ideas werent implemented to the team, when he had a time to train us we turned shit and last 2 games of the season wont change it.
Sack him please and get proper manager, because there is no hope with him.

JuventinMalti

Apr 5, 2006
For every outlet saying he’ll stay, there’s an equal number saying he’ll go.

The way he celebrated the coppa italia and the CL qualification does not strike me as someone who expects to be fired. I can’t imagine him having not having some sort of win-the-coppa-and-qualify-for-the-CL assurance from Agnelli, hence why seems to be confident of staying.

A manager who expects to get the can would have a very different demeanour IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I wouldn't read too much into it. First because he doesn't necessarily know what his fate holds. Maybe it's just his assumption that winning and qualifying for CL will keep his job. Also, if he intends on continuing his coaching career, winning the Coppa (along with a Super Coppa) in the first season will look semi-decent on paper, because performances will dwindle in the collective memory

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
It would be easier to win the CL now. Wouldnt be surprise if Inter wins it before us.
Let's not go full retard now

No Italian team is winning the CL for the foreseeable future without proper financial backing.

The PL teams are already unreachable as it is.

Juliano13

May 6, 2012
It’s a cheap solution, if he’s a disaster they’ll fire him by Christmas.

I think they wanted to try him out before committing all that money for Poch or whoever. If it works, great, if it doesn’t they’ll get an established name.

Still a huge risk but they blew their money on Sarri so here we are.
I wish that were true.

Robee

Jun 21, 2011
We don't have a bunch of toddlers at the club who need babysitting though. This was a serial winning team. The drop in performances was way too drastic. You're painting a picture as if Pirlo had to work with a whole new squad altogether who never had winning experience.

Is this 'this was coming' a way to justify Pirlo's incompetency? I know you're a winemaker apologist but please try to be reasonable here.

This team has played 50+ games this season and there was barely any progress. Again, just because it's his first year at the job, that doesn't justify keeping him. Since when did we become Arsenal happy to accept mediocre results?

I don't see a process or a project here. All I see is an overproud clown who's way above his head with his 'philosophy'. He needs to be brought down to earth and ideally work in a low pressure environment so he could improve as a manager. Juventus is not that place, sorry.
Fixed.

Never said we should keep him lately. I'm in the Allegri camp for a while now. But your hatred is blinding.

And let's not forget Dybala bailed out Sarri a dozen of times. Without him, like this season, he too wouldn't have won the Scudetto. Not to mention the downgrade in alternatives but hey, there is no middle ground, yet again

GrandeGigi

Sep 18, 2012
It makes sense to learn from the errors of previous years (if indeed they were) and wait until we have a replacement agreed before removing Pirlo.
The last thing we should be doing is fishing around for 3rd or 4th choice options after the euros.

I distinctly get the feeling that Sarri wasn’t first choice when we pushed Max out. Who knows the logic at the end of last season.

CrimsonianKing

U can't expect an Inexperienced team like Juventus
Jan 16, 2013
The only argument you need against Pirlo is how he changed the line up every single match. It’s like he’s a toddler in a playground playing with his car toys of different colors and going “today I’ll play with the yellow and red. Tomorrow blue”. Let him do his experiments at a Serie C side, not here.

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
I distinctly get the feeling that Sarri wasn’t first choice when we pushed Max out. Who knows the logic at the end of last season.
iirc we paid Chelsea to get Sarri. He was very much the first and only choice since he was a superior, more accomplished coach compared to Allegri according to his disciples

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
The only argument you need against Pirlo is how he changed the line up every single match. It’s like he’s a toddler in a playground playing with his car toys of different colors and going “today I’ll play with the yellow and red. Tomorrow blue”. Let him do his experiments at a Serie C side, not here.
Allegri did the same more or less. One changed the lineup according to the gameplan needed to win, the other is changing it because he no idea what he's doing and wants to look busy

tumblr_mta7iyPc6K1qagb73o1_500.gif

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 37)