• Legend

• History

Results are only viewable after voting.

juve123

Aug 10, 2017

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Considering our away form I can see a draw in Udine and a loss against Sassuolo

Knowing how we are this season, we will probably comfortably beat Milan at home though.
If we can manage to beat Udinese and Milan and get some confidence going into the Sassuolo match, I could see us winning it, but like you said, I foresee another embarrassing draw against Udinese.

Mar 10, 2009
we've been on a streak of bad decisions since madrid 2017.

summer 2017: buying berna, buying douglas costa, buying de sciglio
summer 2018: buying back bonucci, letting higgy go,
summer 2019: buying ramsey and rabiot, hiring sarri, firing allegri instead of giving him control of transfers
2020: hiring a guy who never coached in his life, buying arthur, buying kulu for 35 million in jan 2020 when we could have gotten halaand for less than that

it's incredible how we went from 9 titles in a row to collapsing in a matter of a year. not because our opponents got suddenly stronger or better. but because of pure incompetence and arrogance
You could even argue since 2015:

1. Getting rid of Tevez for free (lol)
2. Getting rid of Morata
3. Letting Vidal leave for cheap
4. Letting Pogba leave.
5. Signing Higuain for a ridiculous amount (Yes I understand hindsight is a thing).
6. Signing the likes of Hernandes.

With the few exceptions our decision making has been woeful

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
You could even argue since 2015:

2. Getting rid of Morata
3. Letting Vidal leave for cheap
4. Letting Pogba leave.
5. Signing Higuain for a ridiculous amount (Yes I understand hindsight is a thing).
6. Signing the likes of Hernandes.

With the few exceptions our decision making has been woeful
i wouldn't consider those terrible decisions, because the midfield to replace was always going to be hard.. you are always gonna have duds in transfer seasons. no team is immune. however after 2015 we still built competitive teams for next 4 years and that was all down to the work that marotta and allegri laid out.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
2. Getting rid of Morata
4. Letting Pogba leave.
tevez and pogba wanted to leave, and real had a buyback clause

it's rarely the outgoing players' absence i'm worried about, it's the replacements. we clearly had a stronger squad in '15, and it was a lot cheaper too.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
tevez and pogba wanted to leave, and real had a buyback clause

it's rarely the outgoing players' absence i'm worried about, it's the replacements. we clearly had a stronger squad in '15, and it was a lot cheaper too.
I think we did great to rebuild in summer 2015. Maybe had we sold Vidal the summer prior to ManU for 55M and got Radja, it would have turned out better in the long run. Or even got Allan for cheap in 2015... But Higuain with Pogba money was the low point imo

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
some of these players really aren't that bad. bentancur was fine under allegri.
rabiot was fine in psg. he was even starting to perform in second half of last season under sarri
ramsey was fine in arsenal. he was also good last season.

common denominator is pirlo. he's just not a good tactical coach. or a good motivator. or a good authority figure. maybe he can become some of those things with experience.

cimenk

Jul 23, 2008
some of these players really aren't that bad. bentancur was fine under allegri.
rabiot was fine in psg. he was even starting to perform in second half of last season under sarri
ramsey was fine in arsenal. he was also good last season.

common denominator is pirlo. he's just not a good tactical coach. or a good motivator. or a good authority figure. maybe he can become some of those things with experience.
Definitely agree. Bentancur was great under Allegri and Rabiot in PSG, French Team, and 2nd half of last season

Problem with Pirlo also that he keep experimenting and change his tactical and 1st team. Its either he has no idea or he just impatient.

He already find his formation 4-4-2 but today suddenly he played with 3CB, 3-5-2.
In 1st half of season McKennie already found his form but then he has light injury and then he rarely back to our starting eleven. McKennie played against Atalanta and Parma but then back on the bench here. He kept rotating his midfield 2 with Rabiot - Bentancur, Bentancur - Arthur. And he even try Berna as LB compare to trust Frabotta there. Frabotta has a bad game against Inter when we lose 2-0 but its not like all are Frabotta's fault

He has some promise and learn a lot but for now i dont think he is the right man for us

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 18)