Andrea Pirlo (58 Viewers)

vote

• Legend

• History

Results are only viewable after voting.

Boksic

May 11, 2005
See he has already won the italian super cup and we have the reached the final of the coppa italia now the next target should be the champions league we are burning out our key players playing match after match
:lol:

Real glamour trophies there.

We won 1 game against a poor Napoli side to win a Super Coppa (where they missed a penalty and our 'keeper performed heroics) and I don't really care about the Coppa Italia.

I appreciate this is a year of change and I would accept missing out on the scudetto if we showed signs of becoming a better team and real progress was being made. The problem is that the same issues have been there all season, we are going backwards and now at risk at missing out on the top 4 which would be a big problem for us.

Again, what has Pirlo shown to suggest that he can turn it around? Because he beat a weak Napoli and Inter side missing its best player? That shouldn't be enough for a club like Juve.

We need a goal and he takes off Chiesa for Di Pardo, with Berna still on the pitch. This is the guy you want to continue with?

juve123

Aug 10, 2017
It amazing how some people completely undermine the role of a manager. You make it sound like they just pick 11 players and watch on the sidelines.
Yes because we don't have patience we believe a new coach will come with magic wand and solve our issues how much money did bayern Munich spend to win the champions league plus keeping all their key players

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
Unless Chiesa took a knock or he was too tired and couldnt stand on his feet any longer, there is no reason to sub him out.

The last 2 coaches have had wierd fixation with Bernadeschi. This guy gets selected every match, either starts or subbed in. Which makes me wonder what are the actual prerequisites to be a Juve player these days? Over the course of 90 minutes he had ample of opportunities to produce something, he was placed in several good positions. He failed miserably each and every time. He will get selected again next match so I guess failing to deliver any kind of product is acceptable these days...

juve123

Aug 10, 2017
:lol:

Real glamour trophies there.

We won 1 game against a poor Napoli side to win a Super Coppa (where they missed a penalty and our 'keeper performed heroics) and I don't really care about the Coppa Italia.

I appreciate this is a year of change and I would accept missing out on the scudetto if we showed signs of becoming a better team and real progress was being made. The problem is that the same issues have been there all season, we are going backwards and now at risk at missing out on the top 4 which would be a big problem for us.

Again, what has Pirlo shown to suggest that he can turn it around? Because he beat a weak Napoli and Inter side missing its best player? That shouldn't be enough for a club like Juve.

We need a goal and he takes off Chiesa for Di Pardo, with Berna still on the pitch. This is the guy you want to continue with?
You have seen what is happening with Liverpool and Real Madrid with injuries you just can't treat this as a normal season let us see what happens in the champions league and then pass our judgement

kappa96

Jun 20, 2018
Pirlo blames lack of Juve 'experience

“It’s disappointing, as we knew it would be a difficult and hard-fought game. We managed to take the lead, which was the most difficult part, then didn’t keep hold of it,” Pirlo told DAZN.
“There are these small details that unfortunately young players don’t understand can make the difference and lead to points.
“When you are in front, you must try to bring these games home. We were missing a lot of experienced players, so the younger elements didn’t understand the way the match was going. I asked Cristiano and Alex Sandro to speak to them and make their voices heard, but it wasn’t enough.”
Missing so many defenders and using Alex Sandro as a centre-back, did Pirlo think about moving to a four-man defence?
“I thought about moving to four at the back, but I looked to the bench and didn’t really have the options to change. I saw some players who were starting to get tired after the hour mark, but that was to be expected.
“We planned a 3-4-2-1 with Aaron Ramsey and Dejan Kulusevski behind Ronaldo, so we’d press their centre-backs and support Ronaldo.
“In the second half, we no longer had the energy to keep pressing them and the spaces opened up for Verona. We know the intensity of Verona forces you to use up a lot of energy, and we are playing many games in quick succession, there aren’t enough players, so fatigue is going to be an issue.
“Hellas press you all over the pitch, so you have to think quickly before the ball reaches you to check where your teammates are and can make the pass before they close you down.
“We had the chances to extend our lead, it’s just a pity we didn’t hold on to that advantage. We don’t have strikers who can just hold up the ball, so we need to play out from the back. It was tough today, as Verona pressed high, and the pitch wasn’t in the best condition either.”
Are Juventus too dependent on Cristiano Ronaldo for their goals?
“We’re in an emergency situation, but try to work well with what we have. It’s not just us who miss players like Paulo Dybala and Alvaro Morata, but any team would miss them.”

https://app.football-italia.net/?referrer=https://www.football-italia.net/148125/official-dortmund-sign-haaland#article/footballitalia-
166985&menu=news-all

He practically acknowledges that he doesn't know how to motivate young players and played Sandro as a cb (the one out jumped by their striker on the goal).

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
Unless Chiesa took a knock or he was too tired and couldnt stand on his feet any longer, there is no reason to sub him out.

The last 2 coached have had wierd fixation with Bernadeschi. This guy gets selected every match, either starts or subbed in. Which makes me wonder what are the actual prerequisites to be a Juve player these days? Over the course of 90 minutes he had ample of opportunities to produce something, he was placed in several good positions. He failed miserably each and every time. He will get selected again next match so I guess failing to deliver any kind of product is acceptable these days...
He runs so midfielders can stand around

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
Only reason I want him sacked is for playing Berna and constantly trying Bentancur and Rabiot.

I forgive him for having no pre season, no previous experience, alot of injuries in a packed schedule. We actually played good when everyone has been fit.

But playing Berna against Napoli was a sackable offence and playing him for 90mins today confirms that.

Boksic

May 11, 2005
You have seen what is happening with Liverpool and Real Madrid with injuries you just can't treat this as a normal season let us see what happens in the champions league and then pass our judgement
That is the same attitude that put us in this position. We went down the road with Sarri and it took us backwards and we are doing it again.

Liverpool's coach has won the CL and league in successive seasons as well as being a success in Germany. Zidane has won countless CL and La Liga.

Once again, what has Pirlo shown to deserve the faith? He was a magnificent player and apparently writes a good thesis. That doesn't mean he is a good manager. How do you know we will get better and won't get worse? The pattern of the season has suggested we'll continue to get worse.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 43)