Andrea Pirlo (77 Viewers)

vote

• Legend

• History

Results are only viewable after voting.

Boksic

May 11, 2005
Yeah a new coach will come with a magic wand and solve all our problems and looking at our financial position I doubt how much we will invest
We don't need him to solve all our problems. We simply need a coach that brings organisation and structure. We are so wide open and fragile it is unbelievable, you see third division sides with better shapes.

Look how often Demiral was dragged out to the wing. The player who is ideally suited to being in the very middle of the pitch and most exposed out wide but it happened constantly.

Look how often teams run straight down the middle of us. Our midfielders are poor but they are so exposed. I'm not a fan of Sarri but it didn't happen with him and he had the same personnel.

Do Verona have a better squad than us or all the other teams we have dropped points to?

Milan don't have a great team but Pioli has them well drilled and they know their roles. They are now in a title race.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Tomate

Jul 19, 2014
Yeah a new coach will come with a magic wand and solve all our problems and looking at our financial position I doubt how much we will invest
Its not about about solving all problems, a new coaches role would be to do damage control. Make the QF in CL, go out with dignity in the competition against a better team than Porto + most importantly finishing in the top 4 in the league, otherwise we are completely doomed for years to come. Just get this season through with minimal damage and then start over with a new and competent management.

Gep

The Guv'nor
Jun 12, 2005
We don't need him to solve all our problems. We simply need a coach that brings organisation and structure. We are so wide open and fragile it is unbelievable, you see third division sides with better shapes.

Look how often Demiral was dragged out to the wing. The player who is ideally suited to being in the very middle of the pitch and most exposed out wide but is happened constantly.

Look how often teams run straight down the middle of us. Our midfielders are poor but they are so exposed. I'm not a fan of Sarri but it didn't happen with him and he had the same personnel.
100% on this.

juve123

Aug 10, 2017

Look how often Demiral was dragged out to the wing. The player who is ideally suited to being in the very middle of the pitch and most exposed out wide but is happened constantly.

That is bound to happen with rookie coach it was gamble and certainly we are getting mixed results the problem is these knee jerk decisions we are making we sacked Allegri and appointed sarri thinking we could play attractive brand of football but these things take time and the right players

Boksic

May 11, 2005
That is bound to happen with rookie coach it was gamble and certainly we are getting mixed results the problem is these knee jerk decisions we are making we sacked Allegri and appointed sarri thinking we could play attractive brand of football but these things take time and the right players
I agree with you the sacking of Allegri was ridiculous.

That doesn't mean you just pick a random coach and expect it to work. It was a ludicrous gamble and it has backfired badly.

The question is how far do you go down the wrong path? It cost us last year. What has Pirlo shown to deserve any faith that he can turn it around?

Arcticdaly

Oct 3, 2018

Look how often Demiral was dragged out to the wing. The player who is ideally suited to being in the very middle of the pitch and most exposed out wide but it happened constantly.

Do Verona have a better squad than us or all the other teams we have dropped points to?

Milan don't have a great team but Pioli has them well drilled and they know their roles. They are now in a title race.

Pirlo has had much better personnel than anything Sarri had, i cant stand Sarri but Morata, Chiesa, Kulu and Arthur are far better than anything he had .

juve123

Aug 10, 2017
I agree with you the sacking of Allegri was ridiculous.

That doesn't mean you just pick a random coach and expect it to work. It was a ludicrous gamble and it has backfired badly.

The question is how far do you go down the wrong path? It cost us last year. What has Pirlo shown to deserve any faith that he can turn it around?
See he has already won the italian super cup and we have the reached the final of the coppa italia now the next target should be the champions league we are burning out our key players playing match after match

ElApache

Mar 19, 2015
I don't know why people say he wasn't ready for the job? He literally started his career with the easiest job in the world, winning Serie A with Juventus. He won't make it anywhere.
It's not an easy job at all these days. The team has been declining since the summer of 2017 - in a way even since 2015. The team is just getting worse and worse while the expectations are growing bigger and bigger.
Pirlo arrived during a transitional year, but he is expected to extend the Scudetto streak and do better than Sarri in Champions League.

Is he the right man to rejuvenate Juve? Obviously not.
Am I convinced that he has a great future as coach? Not one bit.
But this wasn't an easy job let alone the easiest.
An easy job would be Lampard's last year in Chelsea. Low expectations, zero pressure.
Pirlo's time of arrival is comparable to arriving at Chelsea this season right after they "won" the summer mercato.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 75)