Andrea Pirlo (58 Viewers)

vote

• Legend

• History

Results are only viewable after voting.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Give him more time, but the time he has left leaves me UTTERLY pessimistic, I dont see a team that has anything CLOSE to a coach out there. Its litterally like he tells them Woj is the GK, rest of you just go out there and change positions with eachother, and what we see is a clueless and nervous mess with players running into eachother directionless (5 seperate times, I saw Chiesa, Kulu, dybala, Morata all on the left wing, and multiple times ALL on the right, just running into eachother).

Its allways nice to hope things can improve, but based on what seen so far, this screams the norm with Pirlo. Wth is this clubs management doing for the past few years.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Pirlo's Beard

Junkie Joe Joyce
Oct 2, 2013
I guess I just don't care about this side anymore because even if we need a new manager, I'd say we're 7 starters away from even dreaming about winning the CL

Everyone laughed when I said years ago United would probably still win a CL before us through brute forcing the transfer market. Here we are god knows how many years later and even they look better than us.

Years of fucking around has left us with a squad that's one of the slowest, clumsiest and least technical in Europe compared to the other similar sized clubs.

Long story short, we are fucked. And we don't have the crazy funds required to fix it. Sadly for us, we also suck at scouting youngsters and we never develop anybody worth a damn. That's the only other way around it.

Might be a long decade.

K.O.

Nov 24, 2005
As much as I hate what I saw so far this season, I wouldn't push the panic button just yet. It appears that his team will need CR7 to be available at all times, though.

Boksic

May 11, 2005
We've been really poor and he deserves criticism.

But don't forget the circumstances he has taken over in. No preseason to try to solve the mess that was Sarriball. Ronaldo unavailable for the past 4 games or so, De Ligt and Alex Sandro out for all games, Dybala clearly not fit, 4 marginal offsides that would have changed the games. He really needs to learn to ease in the changes instead of trying to solve everything at once. I have no doubt an experienced manager would look to solve the defensive issues first and build from there. We also saw when Allegri came in he didn't change too much for a few months. Pirlo is being naive in trying to do everything at once.

There are a huge amount of mistakes and a worrying trend of them repeating. But I do think it is slightly unfair to fully judge him until we get our key players back.

Jul 24, 2016
I think last years game against Lyon in france was even worse than this game. But yeah today Pirlos substitutions were abysmal. Maybe He deserves 1 or 2 weeks to figure things out. And if he dosent fix our problems lets get new coach

da_ledgeaun

The Juve Freak
Jun 2, 2007
Today was definitely all on Pirlo, but i am afraid that this wont just happen today, because in the last two games, I really did not see that we had a plan and put up a tactic, Dusan is right when he says that we dont look like a team, we really do just look like individuals who are just trying to show off their skills, and even that doesnt go well at times, with players we thought could beat their man, never succeeding in doing so, then we have players with no confidence getting picked ahead of someone that always tries their best.

We really should be ashamed of that performance, really lackluster, barca didnt even move to their second gear, they were at walking pace and didnt even try, whenever they did pickup the pace we were looking in shambles especially when defending.

This tactics Pirlo is trying to implement doesnt seem to work with these players, and even with CR7, if Pirlo doesnt implement a system and tactics that could really get the team to perform then we may not win anything this time,I really wish i could be proven wrong and Pirlo start turning around. I mean with already the second CL match, we barely know what to do in attack, there was nothing resembling our first game vs Samp in all the other matches after that.

CAPITANO

58 ' SUPER SIC ' 58
Jul 12, 2006
i get why we aren't clicking: no pre-season, many injured players, bla-bla. all valid points. i didn't expect any fireworks tonight anyway, and i'm not surprised by the result either. this barcelona has been playing the same football since forever, this is their identity, while we are trying to reinvent ours.

what i don't get is some (or rather the lack) of some decisions during the match. everybody saw that the 2 cm's are getting completely lost, especially after 60 minutes, and the attacking trio of dybala, kulu and chiesa were completely useless in winning the ball back, and weren't involved in attack either. why stick to the 2-man midfield then, when it's clearly not working? why no subs until like 70-something minutes? not to mention bernardeschi...

long way to go, coach pirlo.
The premise that he supposedly has that says most of the midfielders can only play in a midfield two instead of three is a warning sign for me.

He seems like a hard head and once he's made his decision he isn't going to change and thats not a good sign

IlCapitano

Dec 16, 2012
This and last season should be force-fed to anyone who ever said or whoever says ever again that any player/coach has it easy playing/coaching at a big team. There is no harder thing in sports than consistency and winning again and again.

Somehow I can talk myself into giving time to Pirlo on his name and emotions alone, but more and more he looks like a mix between Conte's stubbornness and Zeman's tactical foolishness.

This roster isn't close to top level/CL winning team, but they are not anywhere near as bad as they look not only statistically, but tactically, positionally, IQ-wise etc. the last two years.

Boksic

May 11, 2005
This and last season should be force-fed to anyone who ever said or whoever says ever again that any player/coach has it easy playing/coaching at a big team. There is no harder thing in sports than consistency and winning again and again.

Somehow I can talk myself into giving time to Pirlo on his name and emotions alone, but more and more he looks like a mix between Conte's stubbornness and Zeman's tactical foolishness.

This roster isn't close to top level/CL winning team, but they are not anywhere near as bad as they look not only statistically, but tactically, positionally, IQ-wise etc. the last two years.
I think he is making it harder than it needs to be.

To try to completely revolutionise the way we play when he hasn't even had a preseason, in his first job, with our key starters injured is simply idiotic.

PedroFlu

Sep 20, 2011
If Pirlo doesn't play the next game with 3 midfielders, one of them being a DM, I'm losing my shit. He can't be that stubborn.

This team is NOT READY YET to play with only 2 CMs, it can't get clearer than that.

Also, I'm losing patience with Dybala. Too much trouble. I have doubts if him and Kulusevski can coexist, since their playing style is very similar, but Kulu adds teamworking.

I'd seriously consider selling Dybala and invest in a top notch CM.

Boksic

May 11, 2005
If Pirlo doesn't play the next game with 3 midfielders, one of them being a DM, I'm losing my shit. He can't be that stubborn.

This team is NOT READY YET to play with only 2 CMs, it can't get clearer than that.

Also, I'm losing patience with Dybala. Too much trouble. I have doubts if him and Kulusevski can coexist, since their playing style is very similar, but Kulu adds teamworking.

I'd seriously consider selling Dybala and invest in a top notch CM.
Got to say it is absolutely ridiculous how quickly "fans" throw players and managers under the bus.

Dybala has barely played in 5 months and is clearly not fit, playing in a dysfunctional team. Yet people want to sell him based on a couple of bad games, completely ignoring the incredible season he just had.

That sort of mentality is the same as people wanting Allegri out and now look where we are. To a lesser extent Pjanic today strolled it yet people were gloating about the deal we did to bring in a player we aren't willing to start in our weak midfield.

james95

Sep 2, 2018
Pirlo didn't even look like he was giving any instructions out there. Plus, his substitutions were so dire. He should have brought Arthur on around the hour mark not Mckennie (who was shoved on the LW). He should've also brought Ramsey on. Bernardeschi should have been the last conceivable player to bring on. Even Pinsoglio should have been subbed on before him.

PedroFlu

Sep 20, 2011
Got to say it is absolutely ridiculous how quickly "fans" throw players and managers under the bus.

Dybala has barely played in 5 months and is clearly not fit, playing in a dysfunctional team. Yet people want to sell him based on a couple of bad games, completely ignoring the incredible season he just had.

That sort of mentality is the same as people wanting Allegri out and now look where we are. To a lesser extent Pjanic today strolled it yet people were gloating about the deal we did to bring in a player we aren't willing to start in our weak midfield.
I said I would consider it. There's the contract situation and, mainly, last season there was no Kulusevski.

Jun 16, 2020
Ok 3412 dream was nice. Didn’t worked. I agree with trying it, but not having a midfield, semi-wingers etc doesn’t work for now. I had problems recognizing what the hell we were trying today honestly.

We had all the bad luck in the world last games. Red cards, penalties against, VAR, Bernardeschi, Ronaldo positive for covid and important defenders out.

But besides that tactically it didn’t brought what we wanted I think it’s time to switch to a normal 433 for the coming games. See where things go from there. We didn’t had a midfield today and it was hurting us. I was hoping for a very direct attacking style, but we are just lacking sharpness and balance. It’s very easy for the opponent to find space between our midfield and defense. I think that Pirlo wants a style similar like Atalanta’s, where De Roon and Freuler control the midfield but they had years to build without any pressure. They often switch between 343 and 3412.

Maybe try Kulu as CM, Ronaldo - Morata - Chiesa/Dybala in attack. The rest speaks for itself.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 49)