Andrea Pirlo (50 Viewers)

vote

• Legend

• History

Results are only viewable after voting.

Boksic

May 11, 2005
Firstly, our luck has been insane since he started with our best players being unavailable, 4 marginal offside calls that change games and a deflected goal tonight.

However, our defensive shape is all over the place and we are far too impatient in attack. I think we are close to clicking up front, we have been very close to opening teams up and look more threatening than last season but I worry that is at the expense of our defence.

But his selection choices are very hard to defend. If Ramsey isn't injured then McKennie and Berna ahead of him when we need a goal is idiotic.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Snobist

DareDevil
Apr 16, 2017
Disgraceful performance. Did we even have a single attempt on target? We have looked like bunch of amateurs. In defense we are woeful, error prone, flanks are wide open on every counter, our midfield is slow, static and provides 0 cover for defense. Disappointing game from Kulu, Dybala and Chiesa. As for Demiral it should be obvious why Bonucci is and will be ahead of him in the pecking order. From tonight's game, there is not a single positive moment. Outplayed and battered in every aspect of the game. Fuck.
No we did not.

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
I'm afraid abominations like today for example is going to continue to be a feature this season while Pirlo is still 'learning on the job'.

This is not Bari where we can continue to allow mistakes to happen.

Like I don't even get his decision to drop our most inform players in Ramsey and not even sub him on.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Meh. I can't say I'm surprised.

My biggest disappointment during the summer was when we appointed Pirlo. Simply because I expected a lot more from a club that's aiming to win CL. And no, I don't "hate" Pirlo. And yes, Pirlo is a fucking legend.

And no, I'm not saying this "just because we lost one match" "oh, look at those guys, they will celebrate Pirlo once we win the next match". Just cut that crap, I know what you're thinking and that's BS.

We're in a horrible position at the moment. I have no clue why it became so trendy to appoint ex-players to coach the teams. Is it because they went intelligent as a player? Or because they were coached by world class coaches? Both seem like a horrible piece of an excuse to sign one, even if that guy is Pirlo, Del Piero or future Ronaldo. Sure, some turn out to be good (Zidane? maybe) but overall it's just horrible and painful to see players who are inexperienced get such a huge role. Go and coach U-21 section if you're willing, if not, move on to a mid-table team. Maybe you were a legendary player but you're a noone as a coach.

If there's any bigger mistake we did it was appointing Sarri who was a disaster. And if there's any bigger mistake it was getting rid of Allegri who was literally the only capable coach we had here and who had the quality to win everything.

And hell, I'm not even putting the whole blame on Pirlo. Our team is simply not good enough. BUT it's good enough not to get embarrassed -- which we're fantastic at so far apparently. We simply look like a mess. Yes, we don't have De Light nor Ronaldo, but we shouldn't look like such a team. Seeing these matches make me facepalm and there's absolutely a huge reason why we're not winning CL. There's also a huge reason why teams such as Ajax throw us out. It's because we play like this and that is not acceptable.

We don't even look like a team but a gathered group of individuals where everyone tries to do something and fails at it. Pirlo should be replaced. And no, it's not going to be get better. And yes, I'm aware we're in a phase of rejuvenating the squad. But no, we won't make it with Pirlo here.

Mike-e-y

Jul 18, 2004
Pirlo is out of his depth. He’s not even shown anything that looks like managerial talent in the 6 games we’ve played. A 33% win ratio as a Juve manager is a disgrace.

His system is directionless, he’s put no imprint on the team, there is no organisation in any element of our play, no style, no substance, no clue.

His substitutions when they eventually do happen manage to have a negative impact on the team. He brought Berna on FFS! Berna needs to be handcuffed, tied into a hessian sack that is weighed down with lead and thrown in the fucking river Po.

Was genuinely excited by this appointment 2 months ago but I’m not even seeing any promising signs and we’re in an important part of the season from a momentum perspective. I fear we’re going to miss the CL next year with Pirlo. He needs to be given 4 games max to turn this around. We can’t lose a season

CarloP

Jan 24, 2010
First CL home game: 6 total shots, zero on target, zero corners, another red card, huge swaths of spaces left open every few minutes, and another Berna cameo where he managed to find yet another way to shit the bed within minutes of coming on. This coming after being outplayed by Hellas Verona and Crotone for large periods. Unfortunately, the experiment has to end or this season's over already, and I say that as a huge Pirlo fan.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
i get why we aren't clicking: no pre-season, many injured players, bla-bla. all valid points. i didn't expect any fireworks tonight anyway, and i'm not surprised by the result either. this barcelona has been playing the same football since forever, this is their identity, while we are trying to reinvent ours.

what i don't get is some (or rather the lack) of some decisions during the match. everybody saw that the 2 cm's are getting completely lost, especially after 60 minutes, and the attacking trio of dybala, kulu and chiesa were completely useless in winning the ball back, and weren't involved in attack either. why stick to the 2-man midfield then, when it's clearly not working? why no subs until like 70-something minutes? not to mention bernardeschi...

long way to go, coach pirlo.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 41)