Andrea Pirlo (72 Viewers)

vote

• Legend

• History

Results are only viewable after voting.
Jul 20, 2012
GdS: "Pirlo via perchè la Juve gli ha detto che non sarà titolare l'anno prossimo. Ma Andrea è combattuto: in MLS o a Sidney perderebbe la Nazionale"
"Pirlo to leave Juve because they told him he will not be a starter. But Pirlo is undecided, Mls or Sydney

Amer

Feb 13, 2005
Pirlo hits out at Juventus exit talk

The 36-year-old played down rumours linking him with a move away from the club and vowed to play at Euro 2016

Andrea Pirlo says there are "too many rumours" about him leaving Juventus and has vowed to be part of Italy's Euro 2016 squad.

The 36-year-old has been linked with moves to the USA and Middle East after entering the final year of his contract but poured cold water on the speculation.

“There are too many rumours about me leaving Juventus, I just want to keep playing and I will be present at Euro 2016.”

Pirlo spoke after Italy stumbled to a 1-1 draw against Croatia on Friday, having gone behind after 11 minutes to a controversial Mario Mandzukic opener.

Stephan El Shaarawy thought he had given the visitors the lead but saw his goal rule out for offside. As Italy players raced to the linesman to protest, Croatia raced up the other end to take the lead.

"We knew it was a tough match but we were also aware that we could play well against Croatia,” said Pirlo.

“Despite the unpleasant episode of the Croatian goal, we reacted well."

Antonio Candreva struck from the penalty spot on 36 minutes to rescue a point for Antonio Conte’s side and the Lazio man blasted Croatia for what he considers bad sportsmanship.

“El Shaarawy scored and then the linesman raised his flag,” he said.

“They have not shown fair play because we had half our team in their half.”

The draw leaves Italy on course for qualification from Group H, though they sit two points behind leaders Croatia.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 65)