• History

Results are only viewable after voting.
OP

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
  • Thread Starter #9,001
    I think he can still shine in a 4-3-3. Maybe better than a 3-5-2 since he'd have better options for those long balls. We'd have adequate wingers and a guy up front as targets. I love Licht and Asa but having wingers with better offensive skills will help. Lich and Asa would benefit from this too by not having to run for 2.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Momme

Oct 19, 2005
    Do you think Asamoah could do fine as LB ? I know he has played there a few times, and what about his Udinese time?
    Im a bit skeptic about it and think we wont see it happening, as he probably would have quite some positional and tactical challenges to deal with. But in general I think his characteristics, atleast from how I see him as a player, fits in fine with his pace, strength, workrate and defensive and offensive abilities.?

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
    Sep 21, 2008
    Marchisio can actually make most of the passes Pirlo can make IMO. He can spread play well, he can control the center with quick touches. But with time and space Pirlo can absolutely still deliver a killer ball.

The problem for me is that there is no time and space for him anymore. And he has undeniable weaknesses. They're impossible to ignore.

Pogba-Marchisio-Vidal
    (Asamoah)

Buy a left back. Give Pirlo's wages to Sanchez.

OP

Mark

The Informer
    Administrator
    Dec 19, 2003
  • Thread Starter #9,004
    Do you think Asamoah could do fine as LB ? I know he has played there a few times, and what about his Udinese time?
    Im a bit skeptic about it and think we wont see it happening, as he probably would have quite some positional and tactical challenges to deal with. But in general I think his characteristics, atleast from how I see him as a player, fits in fine with his pace, strength, workrate and defensive and offensive abilities.?
    I can see him do well there. Would need more communication with the other D's with offsides and things like that.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
    Mar 6, 2003
    bull$#@!, Pirlo looked like boss in his first season here in 433,
    I thik everyone agrees he was by far our MVP in the first scudetto season..... but you know...years has passed and it seems he is not inspired and young enought.

Hist

Founder of Hism
    Jan 18, 2009
    We dont. Everyone in management says that our scudetto wins were ahead of schedule and that the club is not ready yet to compete with Europe's finest Conte himself made this clear a hundred times before and after the bayern games. The primary target that the club spends the little money it has on securing is Serie A. Its prestigious and brings us a good sum of money and fame.

That is not to say that we wont try to do our best in the CL or that this squad can't do better than a group stage exit because it obviously can and did do that before. Worse squads have done it before and better squads have flopped. The question is whether this season's exit is the fluke or last season's qualification to the Qfs was the fluke. I tend to think this season's exit is the fluke and qualification from the group stage is very well achievable at a very high probability.

The fans have to be patient until this club recovers financially and its investments' returns kick in. Conte might not be a Diego Simeone but he is still a damn very good coach that gave brought this team back to winning ways after several massive failures with very little resources and in a short amount of time. He brought stability to the club and is here to build a dynasty.

Conte is no Mancini even though mancini isnt really a poor coach. Mancini took over a very wealthy Inter with a star studded squad and a big wallet and no respect for financial matters. Serie A was and still is in the gutter but Mancini also had the opportunity to treat Juve as a shopping store for world class players at a cheap price which he did to great effect in addition to the already expensive inter squad that he had at his disposal. During Mancini's time there was no Monaco, PSG or Mancity there was only Chelsea buying every good player at inflated prices at the market.

In other words, my point is that the argument that Conte is just another Mancini is idiotic. Conte is operating with a much tighter budget and against much stronger european competition and in a much more highly inflated market with no great squads going bankrupt and shipping players for peanuts lying around. The fact that Conte is achieving the same thing Mancini did is a testament to Conte's skills.

AOD4

Nov 24, 2004
    We dont. Everyone in management says that our scudetto wins were ahead of schedule and that the club is not ready yet to compete with Europe's finest Conte himself made this clear a hundred times before and after the bayern games. The primary target that the club spends the little money it has on securing is Serie A. Its prestigious and brings us a good sum of money and fame.

That is not to say that we wont try to do our best in the CL or that this squad can't do better than a group stage exit because it obviously can and did do that before. Worse squads have done it before and better squads have flopped. The question is whether this season's exit is the fluke or last season's qualification to the Qfs was the fluke. I tend to think this season's exit is the fluke and qualification from the group stage is very well achievable at a very high probability.

The fans have to be patient until this club recovers financially and its investments' returns kick in. Conte might not be a Diego Simeone but he is still a damn very good coach that gave brought this team back to winning ways after several massive failures with very little resources and in a short amount of time. He brought stability to the club and is here to build a dynasty.

Conte is no Mancini even though mancini isnt really a poor coach. Mancini took over a very wealthy Inter with a star studded squad and a big wallet and no respect for financial matters. Serie A was and still is in the gutter but Mancini also had the opportunity to treat Juve as a shopping store for world class players at a cheap price which he did to great effect in addition to the already expensive inter squad that he had at his disposal. During Mancini's time there was no Monaco, PSG or Mancity there was only Chelsea buying every good player at inflated prices at the market.

In other words, my point is that the argument that Conte is just another Mancini is idiotic. Conte is operating with a much tighter budget and against much stronger european competition and in a much more highly inflated market with no great squads going bankrupt and shipping players for peanuts lying around. The fact that Conte is achieving the same thing Mancini did is a testament to Conte's skills.
    As much credit you gave Conte, you failed to recognize that he didn't do this on his own. The timing of his appointment came along with our new stadium, which is a very big positive impact to our performance in the league. We have full house after full house in all our home games. The stadium is a fortress with our fans. Secondly, the trio of Agnell, Nedved and Marotta. Alot people do not give enough credit to Marotta, but he gave Conte two biggest prize in our team which is Pirlo and Vidal, Serie A's best player by miles. I really like Marotta even though he made a couple of flaws in his first season. And thirdly, Conte had some luck with the Muntari disallowed goal and Amauri's goal against Milan. Fourth, we were not playing in Europe. Look at how Roma did this season without Europe and I am sure they can never repeat that next season. This 4 and Conte's ability to make players like Pepe perform to the maximum actually helped to deliver the first scudetto, the one we had unexpectedly. But the second and third season, every other team in Serie A are breaking up or restructuring apart from us. We are the only team in Serie A that is able to sign players without selling anyone while every one else needs to sell. Conte goes on a ban, but it didn't stop this Juventus machine because we are on auto cruise and we can afford it because we are leap and bound above everyone else in the league.

Now my comparison with Mancini, is on the league level they both dominate the league. The only thing that works in Mancini's favor was we were demoted but back then Serie A was still in prime. And Mancini has a won Coppa Italia with the like of Fiorentina and Lazio in a tough league.You dun't just judge him on Inter days. Milan was European champions in one of the season Inter was Serie A champions as well. Do you see anyone else in the current Serie A state that can at least reach to the final apart than us ? None. Mancini has fortune but so is Conte in Serie A, as we are the only team in Serie A able to sign players while everyone else is looking to sell. Conte has an edge with Mancini on bringing the best out of players, but Mancini does show he can do more on cup games where it needs more tactical know how.

I am not a Conte hater or Conte lover but a realist. We are Juventus , we gave Conte the chance and the platform to win something in his career. He is definitely better than all our post Calciopoli coaches by result.
    But please dunt make us look like Conte is bigger than the team. Like we will forever be stuck in the 7th place by repeating " people dunt remember before Conte comes". No one is bigger than the club. The club creates the players the coaches and such. If it wasn't Conte it would have been someone else. And the reason I am particular bitter about Conte in Europe is because I want the club to go further. Conte creates an impression that we are the greatest Juventus, and by creating that impression he also creates an expectation. These expectations are down to him. We surely are financially better to beat the likes of Gala, Copenhagen and Benfica. And when he says things like not even Agnelli's father or grandfather could do what the current team does it certainly creates a level of expectation. When he harps the team it gets into the fans and we create a level of expectation.
    And lastly, criticizing Conte is for not doing enough is by no means we are less Juventus fans that you are. I want Juventus to do more in Europe to show the world we are not just local champions but an European powerhouse which is where we should be. I can't just keep a blind eye. I been there when we are relegated and I am here now. So stop calling us as fake fans or spoiled fans and be objective in countering my argument .

I be the first person to gladly eat the humble pie if Conte delivers in Europe. Seeing the likes of Klopp and Simeone gives me hope that this current Juventus team, on paper is extremely great and with the record breaking statistics should at least be in semifinal next season. Conte needs to show he isn't just steam rolling the Serie A but he can adapt in Europe as well. The longer it takes for us to do something significant in Europe the higher chances players like Vidal and Pogba will leave us. If Conte acknowledges his flaws and decides to work on them rather than being stubborn I am sure we wills see improvement and that starts with dropping a 5 man defence.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
    Mar 6, 2003
    As much credit you gave Conte, you failed to recognize that he didn't do this on his own. The timing of his appointment came along with our new stadium, which is a very big positive impact to our performance in the league. We have full house after full house in all our home games. The stadium is a fortress with our fans. Secondly, the trio of Agnell, Nedved and Marotta. Alot people do not give enough credit to Marotta, but he gave Conte two biggest prize in our team which is Pirlo and Vidal, Serie A's best player by miles. I really like Marotta even though he made a couple of flaws in his first season. And thirdly, Conte had some luck with the Muntari disallowed goal and Amauri's goal against Milan. Fourth, we were not playing in Europe. Look at how Roma did this season without Europe and I am sure they can never repeat that next season. This 4 and Conte's ability to make players like Pepe perform to the maximum actually helped to deliver the first scudetto, the one we had unexpectedly. But the second and third season, every other team in Serie A are breaking up or restructuring apart from us. We are the only team in Serie A that is able to sign players without selling anyone while every one else needs to sell. Conte goes on a ban, but it didn't stop this Juventus machine because we are on auto cruise and we can afford it because we are leap and bound above everyone else in the league.

Now my comparison with Mancini, is on the league level they both dominate the league. The only thing that works in Mancini's favor was we were demoted but back then Serie A was still in prime. And Mancini has a won Coppa Italia with the like of Fiorentina and Lazio in a tough league.You dun't just judge him on Inter days. Milan was European champions in one of the season Inter was Serie A champions as well. Do you see anyone else in the current Serie A state that can at least reach to the final apart than us ? None. Mancini has fortune but so is Conte in Serie A, as we are the only team in Serie A able to sign players while everyone else is looking to sell. Conte has an edge with Mancini on bringing the best out of players, but Mancini does show he can do more on cup games where it needs more tactical know how.

I am not a Conte hater or Conte lover but a realist. We are Juventus , we gave Conte the chance and the platform to win something in his career. He is definitely better than all our post Calciopoli coaches by result.
    But please dunt make us look like Conte is bigger than the team. Like we will forever be stuck in the 7th place by repeating " people dunt remember before Conte comes". No one is bigger than the club. The club creates the players the coaches and such. If it wasn't Conte it would have been someone else. And the reason I am particular bitter about Conte in Europe is because I want the club to go further. Conte creates an impression that we are the greatest Juventus, and by creating that impression he also creates an expectation. These expectations are down to him. We surely are financially better to beat the likes of Gala, Copenhagen and Benfica. And when he says things like not even Agnelli's father or grandfather could do what the current team does it certainly creates a level of expectation. When he harps the team it gets into the fans and we create a level of expectation.
    And lastly, criticizing Conte is for not doing enough is by no means we are less Juventus fans that you are. I want Juventus to do more in Europe to show the world we are not just local champions but an European powerhouse which is where we should be. I can't just keep a blind eye. I been there when we are relegated and I am here now. So stop calling us as fake fans or spoiled fans and be objective in countering my argument .

I be the first person to gladly eat the humble pie if Conte delivers in Europe. Seeing the likes of Klopp and Simeone gives me hope that this current Juventus team, on paper is extremely great and with the record breaking statistics should at least be in semifinal next season. Conte needs to show he isn't just steam rolling the Serie A but he can adapt in Europe as well. The longer it takes for us to do something significant in Europe the higher chances players like Vidal and Pogba will leave us. If Conte acknowledges his flaws and decides to work on them rather than being stubborn I am sure we wills see improvement and that starts with dropping a 5 man defence.

exactly my feelings

digitalbash

Dec 19, 2013

awesome post. exactly how I feel.

Being local champions is cool, but I want to be a European powerhouse.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 24)