Andrea Pirlo (49 Viewers)

vote

• Legend

• History

Results are only viewable after voting.
Oct 23, 2011
Yes we need a complete overhaul, but we aren't this bad to be 10 points off Inter, and barely make it in the top 4. We still won the Scudetto last year and replaced fat Higuain with Morata, added Mckennie, Chiesa and Kulu. But i also understand we lost Dybala for an entire season. Either way, this team is not good enough but any other competent coach would have us at least still in the Scudetto race and perhaps QF of the CL.

JuveE46

Dec 6, 2015
Some real comedic gems hidden in the posts here people having trouble distinguishing between luck and talent.. and let's spend half a billion we need a complete overhaul :marc:

Our team isn't WC in every position but it's not nearly as bad as this winemaker makes it seem.. give a real coach like zidane one reliable regista with this same squad and half a season and you are winning this league guaranteed the first year and you are in CL semis or finals at the minimum.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
this.

we can fire pirlo and bring whatever coach, this team is way, way off the mark we set in '15 and '17. we have an overall strong squad, most of our players could stay as a depth option, but it's unbalanced and lacks passing + leadership.
It doesn't need a overhaul and neither are we having that. evolution already begun last summer with the likes of Higuain and Matuidi leaving, and I've said this several times it will take time to complete, this shit doesn't happen in one summer, a left back, 2 midfielders and a backup striker is a good start.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
...give a real coach like zidane one reliable regista with this same squad and half a season and you are winning this league guaranteed the first year and you are in CL semis or finals at the minimum.
so all we miss is a regista and a coach? we're fucking lucky then, and this is an easy fix.

i'm a bit more pessimistic. i think that besides an outstanding passer in midfield, we're also missing a left back, a competent 20+ goal reliable striker besides cr, a proper right winger, and a physical, dominant, ball winner cm, who can also pass the ball. plus team spirit, leadership, grinta, hunger, and balls. big, hairy balls.

imo only de ligt, cuadrado, chiesa and cr would be close to a starter place in either of our cl finalist teams. the downgrade is real. we need a couple of fixes at the right positions.

agreed with the coach part of course.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
so all we miss is a regista and a coach? we're fucking lucky then, and this is an easy fix.

i'm a bit more pessimistic. i think that besides an outstanding passer in midfield, we're also missing a left back, a competent 20+ goal reliable striker besides cr, a proper right winger, and a physical, dominant, ball winner cm, who can also pass the ball. plus team spirit, leadership, grinta, hunger, and balls. big, hairy balls.

imo only de ligt, cuadrado, chiesa and cr would be close to a starter place in either of our cl finalist teams. the downgrade is real. we need a couple of fixes at the right positions.

Wasn’t Morata an actual starter in one of our CL finalist team... and the guy who scored majority of goals that got us there... :shifty:

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
The proper right winger should be Chiesa imo.
my bad, i meant left winger. chiesa is killer on the right, and cr isn't fast enough on the wings anymore.

- - - Updated - - -

Wasn’t Morata an actual starter in one of our CL finalist team... and the guy who scored majority of goals that got us there... :shifty:
if he can keep that form over multiple seasons, i'm fine with him. on his day, morata is a killer striker. too bad he's too moody/unreliable on the long run.

Robee

Jun 21, 2011
Yeah I think we're watching a different sport :p. Luis Alberto is the hub of that team and most good things they do start from his feet. Him not having any assists is more of a coincidence than a drop off in production. On the plus side he's scoring more goals than previously. If this Luis Alberto is the worst AM/CM in the league then please give me all the "worst" players in the league and we're golden.

The transition under Allegri was easier because we had Allegri instead of Sarri/Pirlo.
Fair enough, pal. We've gone on long enough. Good discussion. We don't have to agree ;)

And of course; Allegri was miles better than those two. I loved him at Juve.

I wasn't serious about LA being the worst. Just exagerrated back at the for me exagerrated response. I would welcome him with open arms. Still having a quiet season imo.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
my bad, i meant left winger. chiesa is killer on the right, and cr isn't fast enough on the wings anymore.

- - - Updated - - -

if he can keep that form over multiple seasons, i'm fine with him. on his day, morata is a killer striker. too bad he's too moody/unreliable on the long run.
Oh agreed. But his CL knockout record is pretty damn good everywhere he’s been. It’s annoying that he can’t be more consistent outside the big matches. It makes it pretty difficult to have him as your main guy up front. With his playmaking and assisting, I think he could be a pretty effective partner to another Tevez type forward again.

JuveE46

Dec 6, 2015

Of course it's better to improve on some or even all positions and it can be said about almost any team..thats a separate argument and one which is fantasy not reality.
Conte 2012 season our top scorer was vidal with 15 goals and mirko with 10..our RB was licht, hardworking/reliable but nothing special. De ceglie with paluso as backup? Mediocre caceres..
Conte figured out a way to protect Pirlo and use him when everyone including Allegri thought pirlo was FINISHED. We got vidal on a good deal and already had marchisio..pogba got whipped into shape under contes descipline and showed his talent. The subs were giacherini, isla, pepe marrone, padoin none of which would start here or even be good as subs but conte made it work with these inferior players he protected that midfield..
Matri, Quag, vucinic our forwards with lord bendtner, giovinco and anelka..any coach would have hung himself lol
That team sucked donkey balls on paper except the midfield march, vidal, pogba, Pirlo. Conte was able to find balance and make this work for a long time because his system was clear, straight forward and based on hard work not complicated hybrid shit. Bottom line us looking like shit is 80% on Pirlo not quality of squad.

Last edited:

duranfj

Jul 30, 2015
Forza Pirlo. Good luck with U23... lets CR7 "coach" the team using Tudor as his puppet, he'll at least is going to make everyone fit or will break them trying to

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Remember when we got Pirlo as a coach and people were saying he is the new Zidane? Now if we get Zidane, he will be the new Pirlo. I dont think he will do good here based on the squad we have.
At the very least he has a couple CL trophies under his belt. Something he knows that obvs Pirlo doesnt, so i would take the risk

Siamak

╭∩╮( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)╭∩╮
Aug 13, 2013
in recent years after 27 weeks
Conte 11/12: 53pts
Conte 12/13: 59pts
Conte 13/14: 72pts
Allegri 14/15: 64pts
Allegri 15/16: 61pts
Allegri 16/17: 67pts
Allegri 17/18: 71pts
Allegri 18/19: 75pts
Sarri 19/20: 66pts
Pirlo 20/21: 55pts

Juliano13

May 6, 2012
Of course it's better to improve on some or even all positions and it can be said about almost any team..thats a separate argument and one which is fantasy not reality.
Conte 2012 season our top scorer was vidal with 15 goals and mirko with 10..our RB was licht, hardworking/reliable but nothing special. De ceglie with paluso as backup? Mediocre caceres..
Conte figured out a way to protect Pirlo and use him when everyone including Allegri thought pirlo was FINISHED. We got vidal on a good deal and already had marchisio..pogba got whipped into shape under contes descipline and showed his talent. The subs were giacherini, isla, pepe marrone, padoin none of which would start here or even be good as subs but conte made it work with these inferior players he protected that midfield..
Matri, Quag, vucinic our forwards with lord bendtner, giovinco and anelka..any coach would have hung himself lol
That team sucked donkey balls on paper except the midfield march, vidal, pogba, Pirlo. Conte was able to find balance and make this work for a long time because his system was clear, straight forward and based on hard work not complicated hybrid shit. Bottom line us looking like shit is 80% on Pirlo not quality of squad.
LB was a whole and so was attack but otherwise the team was strong. Excellent defense, gk and midfield. Vucinic was also a good player.

K.O.

Nov 24, 2005
Kulusevski vs. Lazio
Bentancur vs. Porto
Arthur vs. Benevento

In one month, Juve managed to concede 3 times from reckless passing at the back. I don't expect Pirlo to change that anytime soon. He's either stupid, stubborn or both.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 30)