vote

• Legend

• History

Results are only viewable after voting.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Sure about that? I have every right to post on this forum. Put me on ignore if my posts bother you, snowflake.
How sensitive! I was just pointing out that these posts are terrible. They remind me of Liverpool fans and their "it's our year, I can feel it"

- - - Updated - - -

How do you conclude this from a sample size of zero?
Exactly my point!

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
My gut feeling. He is a legend, players respect him and will give their all. The next Zidane.
However, Zidane was an assistant coach for a year, coached the B team for 2 years before he became Real's manager.

Pirlo's first ever training session at any level was yesterday.

- - - Updated - - -

But obviously, I would hope you are right. This is all just a little concerning, regardless of how smart he is.

Juliano13

May 6, 2012
Obviously we all hope he will succeed. But there is no reason to be very optimistic. For every Zidane there are 10 Seedorfs.

Kind of like hiring a college dropout for CEO because Mark Zuckerberg turned out so good. Everybody knows Zuckerberg but what about the thousands of junkeys behind the alley who also dropped out?

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Obviously we all hope he will succeed. But there is no reason to be very optimistic. For every Zidane there are 10 Seedorfs.

Kind of like hiring a college dropout for CEO because Mark Zuckerberg turned out so good. Everybody knows Zuckerberg but what about the thousands of junkeys behind the alley who also dropped out?

And then you say to yourself that Agnelli must know something that we all don't , right? This is arguably the biggest gamble he has taken since his presidency.

Jun 16, 2020
However, Zidane was an assistant coach for a year, coached the B team for 2 years before he became Real's manager.

Pirlo's first ever training session at any level was yesterday.

- - - Updated - - -

But obviously, I would hope you are right. This is all just a little concerning, regardless of how smart he is.
Zidane also had a very very good team.

Anyway I see this as a long term project. Unless he makes really weird choices, he should get a few seasons as we should continue to invest in young players.

kappa96

Jun 20, 2018

You have to put it in context .
Zidane was a flop in real b ,yet at real he had a world class squad. It's pretty hard to flop with it .
Seedorf and inzaghi had weak squads or aging players . Milan was a shit run club . They didn't had a working environment to begin with .
Now juve ,just won Seria A despite sarri, still has a world class squad for Seria A, probably the best there is , so for him to flop would be very hard .
If the players doesn't like him ,it is not out of the question that they would take matters into their own hands and get us through the finish line.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
You have to put it in context .
Zidane was a flop in real b ,yet at real he had a world class squad. It's pretty hard to flop with it .
Seedorf and inzaghi had weak squads or aging players . Milan was a shit run club . They didn't had a working environment to begin with .
Now juve ,just won Seria A despite sarri, still has a world class squad for Seria A, probably the best there is , so for him to flop would be very hard .
If the players doesn't like him ,it is not out of the question that they would take matters into their own hands and get us through the finish line.

But at least Zidane had the experience, even as an assistant coach under Ancelotti . Regardless of whether he flopped for the youth squad, the experience was invaluable. Honestly, I don't think his record as their youth coach whether excellent or terrible would have had any bearing on the decision making to promote him. They were going to do it anyway

kappa96

Jun 20, 2018
But at least Zidane had the experience, even as an assistant coach under Ancelotti . Regardless of whether he flopped for the youth squad, the experience was invaluable. Honestly, I don't think his record as their youth coach whether excellent or terrible would have had any bearing on the decision making to promote him. They were going to do it anyway
The question is if pirlo would flop with juve u23 how many would want him to coach our senior team . Everyone would have a meltdown, that's for sure and who could blame them

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
The question is if pirlo would flop with juve u23 how many would want him to coach our senior team . Everyone would have a meltdown, that's for sure and who could blame them

They probably would, but grooming a former player to be a coach isn't necessarily about results. It's about ideas and man management.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
At juve is always about results.
Pirlo needs to win to stay and has always been like that.
And it isn't about results at Real Madrid?

You mentioned that Zidane was a flop at their B team, and I stated that it didn't matter, because he was always going to be their next manager.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 154)