Andrea Pirlo (30 Viewers)

vote

• Legend

• History

Results are only viewable after voting.

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
he cant handle high tempo and barca plays high tempo.

sorry, but his crosses and free kicks and other shit doesnt do it anymore.

for one we barely get free kicks in dangerous areas. how many free kicks have we gotten so far CL in goal scoring areas? i count 1. and against barca and madrid where refs favor them we will get none.

his passes often go no where. go out, or go straight to opposition feet. and all this happens when he isn't under pressure.

people often talk about the magical pass that splits the defense, but he actually only plays English style long ball's that aim for no one, or passes to licht

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011
he gets a lot of pressure though, give him open space with forwards that can run behind the defence and he will fuck shit up. he is playing as 'sacrificed'.

Pirlo's Beard

Junkie Joe Joyce
Oct 2, 2013
Sorry but as much as I want Pirlo to have his dream farewell, us winning the CL is 500x more important both for short term glory and long term with the club being elite once again. Messi, Neymar and Suarez running off of him when he gives the ball away leaving us exposed is going to kill us. You simply can not give 3 World class attackers a free run at our exposed defence. If we do that 3 times, we will be lucky to only concede 1 goal.

Aug 1, 2003
He was obviously suffering towards the end, started to look his age, but this is a one off game now and he has to play.
yeah he always looks so composed but he really did look like he was just gonna pop anytime vs Madrid.

I would attribute his flaws presently to his age... the class will always be there forever though. And in that sense, although it gave me a gazillion heart attacks and made me spur all the curse words the world has to offer, I really respect Pirlo for going as hard as he could

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
Jul 13, 2013
Something else I noticed: After all the flock he gets here every game, about how his suicidal passes cost us goasl and games, how often has that really happened in important matches? I can only recount the Bayern first leg, and even that took a crazy deflected longshot for that to happen.

I mean I subjectively feel safer with Marchisio in his position as well, but there is a reason why Allegri doesn't even seem to consider benching him, and I refuse to believe it's because he's scared.

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
sure but vs baraca it's different. the front three have scored something like a 105 goals between them

the probability of his give aways resulting in goals is almost a 100% guarantee

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Something else I noticed: After all the flock he gets here every game, about how his suicidal passes cost us goasl and games, how often has that really happened in important matches? I can only recount the Bayern first leg, and even that took a crazy deflected longshot for that to happen.

I mean I subjectively feel safer with Marchisio in his position as well, but there is a reason why Allegri doesn't even seem to consider benching him, and I refuse to believe it's because he's scared.
Our defense is so excellent that the giveaways aren't such a big deal. I've seen Marchisio, Vidal, and Pogba also give the ball away quite a few times this season, although Marchisio never seems to give up the ball when he's playing in that Pirlo position, it's always when he's playing a little wider and further forward.

The bigger liability with Pirlo in that position is that he offers nothing marking runs of their players into the box. He leaves our defenders stranded. The Ronaldo header in the first leg was a completely free header, because Pirlo didn't bother to follow him. And again, he didn't stay with James, he let him just cut into the box and take Chiellini on 1v1 which is always dangerous for us. Marchisio provides much more help for the defense.

That being said. His presence is incredibly calming for our team, and in a match this big, that's a good thing. The other thing is that Barca is much more susceptible to long balls over the top than Madrid IMO. So if his long balls are accurate he could play a very key role there in freeing Morata and Tevez going forward.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 23)