Andrea Pirlo (47 Viewers)

vote

• Legend

• History

Results are only viewable after voting.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
allegri knows that but he dosn’t want trouble with pirlo like his days in milan..so it’s pretty much comforting pirlo even it means that we lose the chance to qualify to CL final because of him
I doubt that Allegri would be more concerned with how Pirlo feels about him than what is good for the benefit of the squad.

If that is how he makes his decisions, then he doesn't deserve to be a top flight coach.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
And is not that Marchisio doesnt know hwo to assist. Just look at last game...heck..he does those kind of passes very frequently. We just need Vidal and someone like sturaro to keep chasing those bastards all game..while pereyra morata and tevez wait for a good opportunity to pounce. WE need to not let the pressure overwhlem our CBs

juve libico

Mar 30, 2015
I doubt that Allegri would be more concerned with how Pirlo feels about him than what is good for the benefit of the squad.

If that is how he makes his decisions, then he doesn't deserve to be a top flight coach.
allegri in milan didn’t want pirlo to play as regista and he preferred van bomel over him (as pirlo mentioned in his book)..so what made allegri change his mind in juve ?

juve libico

Mar 30, 2015
Pirlo's form in the three years in between.
i doubt that..pirlo’s prime was in milan except his last season with the long injury..allegri’s point is that pirlo is weak defensively which is 100 % true, so he wants players can defense like marchisio and van bomel in his days in milan..but again now he just avoid troubles

The Curr

Feb 3, 2007
i doubt that..pirlo’s prime was in milan except his last season with the long injury..allegri’s point is that pirlo is weak defensively which is 100 % true, so he wants players can defense like marchisio and van bomel in his days in milan..but again now he just avoid troubles
He thought Pirlo was finished. So did lots of people. He went to Juve and proved them wrong. Now I think he really is finished though.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
At this point, its like we are supporting Pirlo cause when a freekick arrives in the right place, its 80%+ chance of goal

Against real, pretty sure the downside is far greater.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
At this point, its like we are supporting Pirlo cause when a freekick arrives in the right place, its 80%+ chance of goal

Against real, pretty sure the downside is far greater.
This.

I would not like to be in the shoes of Bonucci and Chiellini when they are forced to clean Pirlo`s turn overs against Cronaldo and co.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
I really hope we arent gambeling on keeping a clean sheet and scoring on a lone freekick.

Cant see us keep a clean sheet with Pirlo there.

We need marchisio, vidal, sturaro and pereyra

The Curr

Feb 3, 2007
I don't think throwing Sturaro into this match is the answer.

I'd go with: Buffon - Barzagli Bonucci Chiellini - Lichtsteiner Vidal Marchisio Pereyra Evra - Tevez Morata.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
having Pirlo on the field can be very important if Allegri decides to leave the ball to them and play on the counter. Pirlo has played some great long passes forward last few games in the run to Morata and others, they can become a dangerous tool while having all 3 of Morata, Tevez and Pereyra upfront, with Vidal too getting into the box and waiting for a return ball. defensively, Pirlos positioning is still decent, with the help of the other 3 mids he can close down spaces against a team that isnt used to having possesion and controlling the game. Pirlo can become a liability defensively only when we are holding possesion and the opposition press him. when you limit his time on the ball and make him play passes forward as soon as he gets the ball, then hell do fine. also, while having Pirlo on the field, we are creating more space for Marchisio when transforming from defense to offense, since the opponent will probably try to cover Pirlo mainly to prevent quick passes forward. Marchisio has excellent passing ability, he made quite a few long-ball assists and great long passes that didnt end in goals this season + there is Bonucci who can be that "plan C" when Marchisio and Pirlo arent free to receive a pass. having two guys (+ Leo) capable of delivering that quick long ball forward can help improving our counter attacks a lot. i would however not play Pirlo in case Llorente will start, we play too slow when both are on the field.

anyway, depending on the gameplan Allegri wants to use, playing Pirlo is ofcourse not a terrible idea. the guy has appeared in numerous important knock out games, both for club and country. i like Sturaro, the guy can run the whole game and cover a lot of ground, but he is not Pirlo. he is not the guy that can decide the matchup with one FK, long shot or killer pass. if Pirlo will play (which will happen most likely) then i can totally understand what Allegri had in mind.

one more thing. people here think they can see what a liabilty Pirlo is defensively and Allegri somehow not and that he is scared of the press to bench him :)lol:) which is ridiculous. Allegri is perfectly aware of what he gains and what he loses by playing Pirlo. if he puts him in the lineup, its because he and his staff decided it is best to do so, not because hes scared of what GDS or CDS or other garbage papers might say.

im sure the Maestro is gonna shut up his critics once again

Juventino[RUS]

Mar 9, 2006
He will start against Madrid, but he shouldn't if we are going to sit deeply in the defense because he's useless for this style of play, marchisio has proved himself as regista, we are playing much faster with him

FuriaCeca

Jun 2, 2014
"Ending my Juventus story by pocketing the Champions League would be a dream come true. But I won’t stop playing, I’ll go on as long as I have the same great desire to keep training every day. Winning this tournament would admittedly be the best way to close [my Juve career]. But I wouldn’t go to another Italian team. Juventus will be my last Serie A team, whatever happens. MLS could be an idea, but for the moment I don’t have anything, Juve are the only thing on my mind. Anyway let’s start by winning the Champions League, everything else comes later. Ancelotti was like a father to me. We spent many years together. He helped me play my best football in a different position, deeper. He changed my role on the field. The times with him were indescribable. I hope [Ancelotti] doesn’t man-mark me. I hope to play with a bit of freedom, but I’m used to having one of the attackers take a defensive position. I was close to Madrid in 2006. Fabio Capello called me. Milan were having problems with calciopoli. It was almost done. Then everything was arranged and I renewed my contract."

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
If he stays one more year, he should let Marchisio develop as a regisra. I dont want to see the best years of MArchisio hampered by Pirlo.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 27)