Andrea Pirlo (84 Viewers)

vote

• Legend

• History

Results are only viewable after voting.

napoleonic

Sep 7, 2010
Allegri is doomed no matter what he does anyways:

-Benches Pirlo and we lose: Press will eat him for not fielding a seasoned player like Pirlo in a game like that
-Starts Pirlo and we lose: Press will blame him for starting him against a team as quick and dangerous as madrid.
But we know playing pirlo vs real is the much bigger risk and we would gain almost nothing; much better to see sturaro or padoin instead of this huge liability named pirlo

Buy on AliExpress.com

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
Man that's facked.
it is. we score more or less the same with pirlo on field, but he's a HUGE, undeniable risk at the back.

i made a pirlo.xlsx sheet with every match of the season. scudetto is ours, so let's care about the champions league. that's only cl stats:

with pirlo, juve score every 75 minutes and concede every 132 minutes.
without him, we score every 62 minutes and concede every 372 minutes.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Suggesting that a majority of fans are not often wrong? They often are.

I'm always extremely wary of playing Pirlo against strong attacking sides, but I'd be more than surprised if we didn't field him. He'll be in for his experience, in an experienced midfield trio, and we'll look at what he can do going forward. He starts in a 3-5-2 because that's his safe formation, he's one of the few who creates in that. And he starts in a 4-3-1-2 because Pereyra plays off the strikers.

Honestly, who expects Sturaro or Padoin to replace him in a CL semi-final against Real Madrid?

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
The most important thing we have to do against Madrid is cover our defence against counter attacks. If Pirlo plays we simply cannot do that. All it takes is one counter in the first leg and the tie could be over. The margin for error is incredibly thin.

Even last year against Madrid when Ronaldo scored off a Di Maria through ball. It was Pirlo who offered no resistance against Di Maria and forced our CBs to step up against a potentially dangerous shooting situation. And Ronaldo gets slipped in.

It's suicide. It's like playing with a spectator in front of the defence.

I would be so tempted to play a 4-3-1-2 without Pirlo and without Chiellini. Let's be honest, if we are going to make a terrible mistake that costs us the tie, it's more likely to be them or maybe Bonucci.

And if we want to counter attack then we don't need Pirlo's "magic" in our own half. And to be honest, we have seen some exquisite passes from Marchisio when he plays DM.

Jul 20, 2012
The most important thing we have to do against Madrid is cover our defence against counter attacks. If Pirlo plays we simply cannot do that. All it takes is one counter in the first leg and the tie could be over. The margin for error is incredibly thin.

Even last year against Madrid when Ronaldo scored off a Di Maria through ball. It was Pirlo who offered no resistance against Di Maria and forced our CBs to step up against a potentially dangerous shooting situation. And Ronaldo gets slipped in.

I would be so tempted to play a 4-3-1-2 without Pirlo and without Chiellini. Let's be honest, if we are going to make a terrible mistake that costs us the tie, it's more likely to be them or maybe Bonucci.

And if we want to counter attack then we don't need Pirlo's "magic" in our own half. And to be honest, we have seen some exquisite passes from Marchisio when he plays DM.
Exactly everything points to dropping the both of them. If we really have to play a 3-5-2 with a midfield of pereyra-marchisio-vidal but I would rather see a 4-3-1-2 with sturaro, at least we know he will offer in the defensive end.

donpiero

Stella D'Argento
Jul 3, 2009

:tup: Not conceding is the most crucial part of our first leg, so playing Pirlo is like shooting ourselves in the foot.

Jul 20, 2012
Well we know that the best possible outcome in the first leg is to keep a clean sheet and score about 2 goals. So believe it or not, i feel like we will play for the win but will obviously play very safe in the sense that we wont risk a lot. That is why in my opinion pirlo and chiellini shouldnt play but i know chiellini will play

Siamak

╭∩╮( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)╭∩╮
Aug 13, 2013
We all know the team is going to be:

Buffon
Barzagli Bonucci Chiellini
Lichtsteiner Vidal Pirlo Marchisio Evra
Tevez Morata​
allegri and italian mentality!
We go for a draw and park the bus and do the same.that system kill our skill and our quality.i hope see 4-3-1-2
buffon
Barzagli Bonucci Chiellini Evra
sturaro Vidal Marchisio
pereyra
tevez morata

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 71)