Andrea Pirlo (103 Viewers)

vote

• Legend

• History

Results are only viewable after voting.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
I'm suggesting using him when doing so benefits us, not against Bayern where he's forced to defend, despite not being nearly as good at it as others. In games where we have the bulk of possession and are boxing the other team into their own half he's a perfect fit, but when we're the ones who are boxed in we're better off with other players.
:tup:

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
Not only that, he also made it clear he wants to be part of the starting 11 or he'll find someplace where he will be. Moving away from relying on Pirlo is the same as selling him as he will leave by his own will if we do that.
The thing is I don't think we can start playing without him yet. When he's on the field we always look more creative and dangerous. I see no reason (except against high pressing teams like Bayern) not to consider him a starter.

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
The thing is I don't think we can start playing without him yet. When he's on the field we always look more creative and dangerous. I see no reason (except against high pressing teams like Bayern) not to consider him a starter.
But those are the matches he'll want to play the most.

He won't accept bench/rotation role like Xabi Alonso at RM for example. Besides you'd want to play him because we have no players to carry us against weaker teams so how come they can suddenly do well without Pirlo in a big match like against Bayern? It doesn't make sense.

IMO we either stick to Pirlo or try to live without him. If he leaves Juve need to change its system, tactics and formation because we'll need the creativity to come from other players.

I think this team can do well without Pirlo. We'd need good wingers or CAM to achieve that though.

Gian

COME HOME MOGGI
Apr 12, 2009
Swish...

He won't move if offered a respectful contract.

Klin is right that Pirlo should be given an extension, but the team needs another great thinker in it. And I'm not convinced one player can effectively replace that.
Dick...

He can hoof the balls forward on a cold night against Stoke.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 84)