Andrea Pirlo (41 Viewers)

vote

• Legend

• History

Results are only viewable after voting.

spurdo

Jun 4, 2016
Pirlo has it in him to become a world-class coach. He already showed glimpses of it with us but simply was not ready as everybody knew when he took the job. He has a clear philosophy that adjusts depending on the stage of play and the football is quite attractive, but he just has zero experience and very poor communication skills. Really wish he'd take an ambitious Serie B team and try and build his career from there.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Brny44

Aug 24, 2020
I was the same, have to admit it. I was expecting more, we have five european champions, two brasil starters, spanish first striker, franch first squad midfielder... Probably more than any other serie a team but together with allegri, they look like shit.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Wow, it wasn't by the majority. Many people said we would've challenged for the scudetto with Allegri, pal.
I didn't see that tbh. And maybe we would, we had Ronaldo, Cuads and Chiesa were in great form, and we finished 13 pts behind. There were a lot of close games that went our opponents way so with better organization we might have put up a challenge. But that doesn't mean this team isn't crap. There is not 10 players that should play for Juve, not a single one that would start for us when Allegri first joined (Chiesa and Cuads could, but not in this form).

Robee

Jun 21, 2011
I didn't see that tbh. And maybe we would, we had Ronaldo, Cuads and Chiesa were in great form, and we finished 13 pts behind. There were a lot of close games that went our opponents way so with better organization we might have put up a challenge. But that doesn't mean this team isn't crap. There is not 10 players that should play for Juve, not a single one that would start for us when Allegri first joined (Chiesa and Cuads could, but not in this form).
Yes, under Pirlo. I had a massive arguement Pirlo wasn't the major cause and there was barely anyone to agree with me.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Yes, under Pirlo. I had a massive arguement Pirlo wasn't the major cause and there was barely anyone to agree with me.
It had more to do with them (and having Ronaldo) than Pirlo. Also they both came off a major tournament in the summer, and play nearly all the time this season. They seem burnt out.

I was saying last season how his results were comparable to Sarris, even though the team lost some important players. I think we should have never hired a rookie coach and that in it self was a mistake, but the team just wasn't that good either

Robee

Jun 21, 2011
It had more to do with them (and having Ronaldo) than Pirlo. Also they both came off a major tournament in the summer, and play nearly all the time this season. They seem burnt out.

I was saying last season how his results were comparable to Sarris, even though the team lost some important players. I think we should have never hired a rookie coach and that in it self was a mistake, but the team just wasn't that good either
Of course it had to do with Ronaldo who was always a target for Cuads' crosses. But now we're having a fit Arthur and Locatelli as well and we can't string 5 passes together. As I said last year, you can't simply compare one year to another but we're not creating half as many chances as we did last season under Pirlo. Allegri must switch formations now.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Of course it had to do with Ronaldo who was always a target for Cuads' crosses. But now we're having a fit Arthur and Locatelli as well and we can't string 5 passes together. As I said last year, you can't simply compare one year to another but we're not creating half as many chances as we did last season under Pirlo. Allegri must switch formations now.
Arthur is mediocre and Loca is a DM. Neither are great mezzala who can dribble the ball forward, create in the final 3rd, score goals. Loca can do a OK job at it but then we don't have anyone Infront of defense. Ronaldo's impact was just too big, he scored 1/3 of out non penalty goals and many more goals and chances came thanks to him. As for the last part of your post, is that according to stats or? I really don't know that's why I ask.

It's still 11 games in and we don't know yet what the season will turn out into. Right now it looks ugly, and the team is underperforming even though it's mediocre. But I trust Allegri, if they support him in the mercato he will bring this club back where it belongs

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
I thought Pirlo's initial attacking philosophy was very good. The 5 attackers across, the players in half-spaces. It's as modern as it gets.

The rest of the setup was very bad. No defensive transition to speak of. The CBs just turning and running into our box instead of staying high with the rest of the squad. Complete disaster.

By the end of his tenure he scrapped everything and went to a basic 4-4-2 to see out the season. Now, after the players booted Sarri (who also liked to play high), it's a concerning theme that the tactics keep getting re-arranged to a low block and man-mark setup. We all know the players that prefer that style..

Allegri comes in and now we setup the attack with Bonucci...

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
I thought Pirlo's initial attacking philosophy was very good. The 5 attackers across, the players in half-spaces. It's as modern as it gets.

The rest of the setup was very bad. No defensive transition to speak of. The CBs just turning and running into our box instead of staying high with the rest of the squad. Complete disaster.

By the end of his tenure he scrapped everything and went to a basic 4-4-2 to see out the season. Now, after the players booted Sarri (who also liked to play high), it's a concerning theme that the tactics keep getting re-arranged to a low block and man-mark setup. We all know the players that prefer that style..

Allegri comes in and now we setup the attack with Bonucci...

:oops2:

i see what u did there

Robee

Jun 21, 2011
Arthur is mediocre and Loca is a DM. Neither are great mezzala who can dribble the ball forward, create in the final 3rd, score goals. Loca can do a OK job at it but then we don't have anyone Infront of defense. Ronaldo's impact was just too big, he scored 1/3 of out non penalty goals and many more goals and chances came thanks to him. As for the last part of your post, is that according to stats or? I really don't know that's why I ask.

It's still 11 games in and we don't know yet what the season will turn out into. Right now it looks ugly, and the team is underperforming even though it's mediocre. But I trust Allegri, if they support him in the mercato he will bring this club back where it belongs
Of course they're still far from what we need but they're miles above a Benta-Rabiot tandem ffs.

I'd like to see those stats myself to compare but it was my take. At least Pirlo had us playing with an attacking sting. Which is what I'd like Allegri (who I'm also confident in) needs to implement ASAP. Field a 4-3-3, 4-2-3-1 whatever but stop playing Rabiot on the left....

Besides that, I kinda agree here; it all depends on the mercato and players.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Of course they're still far from what we need but they're miles above a Benta-Rabiot tandem ffs.

I'd like to see those stats myself to compare but it was my take. At least Pirlo had us playing with an attacking sting. Which is what I'd like Allegri (who I'm also confident in) needs to implement ASAP. Field a 4-3-3, 4-2-3-1 whatever but stop playing Rabiot on the left....

Besides that, I kinda agree here; it all depends on the mercato and players.
Miles better in what? Locatelli is better than all our mids but Arthur? He's a mediocre version of Thiago or Verratti. That's still only one mid that is good, and we need him Infront of defense rather than between the lines. Again, Ronaldo is a big difference both in quality and how we play. He pushes others and his presence is immense. So immense that once he's gone, the others struggle because they are so used on depending on him. If he stayed, we'd see a different picture on the table and we wouldn't even have this discussion.

Agree about Rabiot on the left (last night it was a 352 though) but I say stop playing him all together. Or as rarely as possible. He's a entitled fuck who doesn't deserve 10% of the salary he's being paid. Play 3 mids, yes, but Loca-Bent and one of Arthur or McK. Then have Chiesa, Dybala, Kulu/Berna/Cuads in front. Bench Morata until he gets his shit together. In theory that's great but let's see what Max comes up with next game. Experimentation phase should be over, he should have an idea by now

B3N

Floro Fckin' Flores
May 16, 2010
Well we turned Danilo, a perfectly capable RB, into il nuovo Barzagli. He rarely crosses half anymore. Sitting back in defence and babysitting, you know who..
Yeah it has nothing to do with right side overload and make shift giraffes on the left that Danilo has to sit deep. If only we had the babysitters of Italy's national team to carry you know who or was it the other way around but who cares about that long ago anyway.

Robee

Jun 21, 2011
Miles better in what? Locatelli is better than all our mids but Arthur? He's a mediocre version of Thiago or Verratti. That's still only one mid that is good, and we need him Infront of defense rather than between the lines. Again, Ronaldo is a big difference both in quality and how we play. He pushes others and his presence is immense. So immense that once he's gone, the others struggle because they are so used on depending on him. If he stayed, we'd see a different picture on the table and we wouldn't even have this discussion.

Agree about Rabiot on the left (last night it was a 352 though) but I say stop playing him all together. Or as rarely as possible. He's a entitled fuck who doesn't deserve 10% of the salary he's being paid. Play 3 mids, yes, but Loca-Bent and one of Arthur or McK. Then have Chiesa, Dybala, Kulu/Berna/Cuads in front. Bench Morata until he gets his shit together. In theory that's great but let's see what Max comes up with next game. Experimentation phase should be over, he should have an idea by now
Actually holding on to a ball is miles better than what Bentancur or Rabiot do. I'm so done with these two...
Still; Bentancur and McKennie are shite but at least they're cheap. So I'd say Rabiot and Ramsey need to go first.

For me it's Loca-Arthur and an extra physical presence like McK of Benta. There's only so much a coach can do with these retards.

Ofc Ronaldo made a huge difference. Obviously... If we had seen a different picture points-wise? That's speculation. He had his flaws too.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 30)