Andrea Pirlo (21 Viewers)

vote

• Legend

• History

Results are only viewable after voting.

Juve_fanatic

Second coolest member!
Apr 5, 2006
I noticed something today. Pirlo is so boring on the sideline tgat literally during the game the camera didnt even show him once during the match ehile they showed Genoa's coach like 4 times. Interesting

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
Tells you pretty well the board doesn't want to lose face yet again. If they sack Pirlo then they'd pretty much admit they fucked up big time, first with Sarri and now Pirlo.
Pretty sure they'd rather course correct and regain face by winning again at which point this season will be forgotten, than double down on a mistake and dig a deeper hole.

If they keep him it's because they genuinely believe (rightly or wrongly) he can get the team back on track.

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
Yeah, he did because he didn't get I-fucking-turbe :haha:. He left in the middle of the freaking pre-season. But we were lucky Max was available and upgraded to him, so no problem.

Still can't find a really good knock-out competition result for a club. It's a simple question really; is it that hard to find one?
To be fair he did quit at the end of the season and the club talked him into staying for preseason to see if he regains interest in staying. The fans were blind sided not the club.
The club management were in the know that he had one foot out the door and were hoping preseason would change his mind. I believe Marotta and Nedved talked publicly about this.

Agree with you about the larger point. His attitude about the quality of the players and the transfer targets he demanded were terrible. Allegri proved this the very next season. Him leaving was a blessing

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
Limiting the duties and ground covered by the the CMs is necessary right now. We lack dynamic CMs so might as well drop the 3 man midfield to put Chiesa and Kulu as wide mids.

Pity that it took so long for Pirlo to make this change.

- - - Updated - - -

Pirlo: 'I'd give myself six out of 10'

By Football Italia staff

Andrea Pirlo gives himself ‘six out of 10’ for his debut Juventus season and admits his style of football has not been ‘fully implemented’ yet.
The Bianconeri beat Genoa 3-1, but yet again they seemed a very different team after the break and risked throwing away the 2-0 lead.
“We had the right attitude at the start, it all seemed easy, then we allowed a chance at the end of the first half due to a lack of concentration,” Pirlo told Sky Sport Italia.
“It’s happened before that we concede goals either side of the half and it almost happened again. We came out wanting to take the initiative, but we went too deep, ran a few risks and didn’t take the chances that would’ve allowed us to be a bit more relaxed.”
Cristiano Ronaldo was visibly annoyed after the final whistle and threw his shirt to the ground.
“It’s normal he wanted to score a goal, especially when the game was getting complicated, as he is a champion and always wants to make his mark.
“Genoa put a lot of players between the lines, so we considered a change of tactics during the game. Unfortunately, we dropped points in games that on paper seemed easier, which made life complicated unnecessarily. That wasn’t the case today, as we were controlling the match, but there were a few distractions that made us run some risks.”
Pirlo was asked if he still feels that he has to prove himself on the Juventus bench and how he would judge his debut campaign.
“All coaches must feel like they have to prove themselves every single day, let alone me, as I am in my first coaching experience. Football has been my dream since I was a child and I will keep working hard to improve.
“I’d give myself a six out of 10 for this season so far. I know that I must do more, and when you don’t achieve certain results, the coach is the first to take responsibility.
“My idea of football is to dominate the game and press the opposition. For a series of reasons, we’ve been unable to fully implement it, but the team is eager and we’ll keep working on it.”
Fabio Paratici said before kick-off that Paulo Dybala’s contract extension is still very much up in the air. Would Pirlo like to send a message to Juventus about that?
“These things are down to the club. I am able to train a squad of champions, Dybala is one of them. He has barely been available this season, but he’s back now and we’ll try to make the most of it. Other decisions are down to the club.

Honestly respect for giving himself that grade and answering the question directly. Most coaches would have dodged the question or shifted blame onto the team.

Cerval

Feb 20, 2016
Pretty sure they'd rather course correct and regain face by winning again at which point this season will be forgotten, than double down on a mistake and dig a deeper hole.

If they keep him it's because they genuinely believe (rightly or wrongly) he can get the team back on track.
Thats what i thought. But then its not Agnelli's style to sack midway through a season.

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012

I agree but there's one problem here though.

It's not just about changing coaches. Our directors have publicly talked about how they wanted to change our style of football(without properly recruiting players but that's another point). It's a philosophical change, an active quest towards playing different brand of football.

So will they do a complete 360, admit that they've failed in changing the way we play or in the director's words, changing the process and revert back to the pragmatic style that brought them the desired results? This remains to be seen....

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
6 out of 10 seems like he is aware he didn't do good, it's also probably how I would rate him too. IMO he is definitely gone at the new of the season. Paratici saying he stays means nothing, the same was said with Sarri.
Tootsie should shut the fuck up and worry about his own contract. Hopefully, come July 1st he'll be out the door before Pirlo.

JuveE46

Dec 6, 2015
Yeah, he did because he didn't get I-fucking-turbe :haha:. He left in the middle of the freaking pre-season. But we were lucky Max was available and upgraded to him, so no problem.

Still can't find a really good knock-out competition result for a club. It's a simple question really; is it that hard to find one?
Just as when arguing with a kid an adult wont win, so I'm tailoring my logic to a 6 year olds level like you got, and you are right looking at it that way I can't find a single "really good knock out competition result" from Allegri either..he didn't meet MY expectations..wtf did he do now 2 finals? Should have won at least one of those? Almost doesn't count...And with Ronaldo in the squad 1-2 home loss to mother fucking ajax to get knocked out in quarter fucking finals? Keep running that boneless tongue stewie.

Last edited:

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
Just as when arguing with a kid an adult wont win, so I'm tailoring my logic to a 6 year olds level like you got, and you are right looking at it that way I can't find a single "really good knock out competition result" from Allegri either..he didn't meet MY expectations..wtf did he do now 2 finals? Should have won at least one of those? Almost doesn't count...And with Ronaldo in the squad 1-2 home loss to mother fucking ajax to get knocked out in quarter fucking finals? Keep running that boneless tongue and watching cartoons stewie.
Are you @Fake Melo by any chance?

The way you ride Antonio's laughable dick when it comes to european football is giving it away.

JuveE46

Dec 6, 2015
Are you @Fake Melo by any chance?

The way you ride Antonio's laughable dick when it comes to european football is giving it away.
You got any balls by any chance? If you do then Stfu man you are one of those in here that jumps in in middle of shit you have no idea about and starts riding dicks you got no business riding. No I'm not really saying max was shit. Go back and read or STFU

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 16)