Andrea Pirlo - CM - AC Milan (7 Viewers)

Aquilani or Pirlo?

• Aquilani

• Pirlo

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

khalidkassim

Feb 2, 2007
old legs and a big salary....NO THANKS !!!
the worst of it is that he's gonna count as one of the world class stars in our quota! lets keep racking up the 2006 world cup winning squad which was aging at the time not to mention 5 years later.

but i may actually prefer him to the overrated and overpriced aquilani. the guy plays without heart and left a good impression on me in 3 matches this season, maybe get both to compensate for each others weakness. Montolivo is shit too.

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
I will surpass Mark and Capitano to make the guarantee that Pirlo will sign with Juve this summer and be wearing our stripes come the start of next season

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
I changed my mind on pirlo

I'm not shure he's past it, his decline is mostly due to the failing transfer campaign of milan for a few years. yes, including last summer.

pirlo during 2001-2009 was the best regista, deep lying playmaker, in the wold. passing range like xavi and even more vision, integral to the 2006 wold cup.
however, he's not a dynamic player like for example melo, so you have to cover for him.

for a long time, milan had a fantastic defensive unit to build on. a team with gattuso prime, hardworking seedorf, fullbacks like cafu, and defenders like maldini and nesta made it so that he was tactically covered.

when the defensive unit grew old, milan didnt invest in renewing it, rather buying offensive force.
pirlo has been the biggest victem of this, since the opposition was more and more able to play out the weak defensive player he was in the middle of the field.

this, beeing the main reason why he should leave milan, as put more creative players on the field, their central midfielders need to be combative, wich he isnt.

however, in a team next to a strong CDM like melo, he could really shine. if juve would get strong fullbacks, and pirlo covered next to melo, we would gain significant creative improvement.
His passing range and vision would do wonders for our fast paced krasic, intelligent running quag and matri. heck if we'd get aguero he'd be deadly.
in this scheme, we could leave marchisio on the left side to give extra cover, but make shure the left back has offensive contribution.
another possibility is to get bastos to play there, or vargas, as both offer defensive coverage.

my suggested, and in my eyes realistic juventus

----buffon
beck-chiellini-bonucci-cissokho
-----melo-pirlo---bastos
krasic
-----quag
-------aguero

aguero 35 mil
beck ?i heard around 7mil
bastos 15-20 mil
cissokho 15 mil

prices may vary, but shouldnt exceed 100mil, wich is what then owners wants us to believe we can spend. wheter that is true is a completely diffrent thing offcourse

comments about transfer prices are much appreciated

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)