Andrea Pirlo - CM - AC Milan (52 Viewers)

Aquilani or Pirlo?

• Aquilani

• Pirlo

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Luca

Apr 22, 2007
Well obviously the expectation is that we won't be seeing "this" Aquilani next season.
Aquilani has been sub-standard for a long time now, even whilst at Roma, my cousin from Rome complained that Aquliani would only play well for the first few games of the season, score a long range goal and then would be sloppy and lazy for the rest.

Even so, Pirlo is still the better player.
True, Pirlo is a much better player. Even if he is older he does his job 100x better solely because of having better consistency.

and the moment you think this squad couldn't be any more static and slow you get pirlo in your face
Even more true, with the lack of speed and overall movement in our squad this isn't the type of player that will improve us.

But he wouldn't be a depth signing. He'll be the main guy in midfield.
:tup: its really almost certain that this campione del mondo is going to be marketed to the fans as if he was in his prime and fresh off winning that cup during this summer.

SoulSiick

Schizoid Man
Oct 16, 2007
I really hope he's sensible enough to not repeat Del Neri's mistake and stick to the 4-4-2.
In 3 seasons with Bari, Atalanta, and Siena he just once used a system rather than his 4-2-2-2 . It was Atalanta-Inter game and he played with 4-1-4-1 and it finished 1-1.

42 games with Siena this season, 30 Games with 4-2-4 and 12 with 4-4-2 which basically are not different, just more attacking or defensing styles I guess.

Back to the topic,

Associated Press :

MILAN (AP)—Italian midfielder Andrea Pirlo is leaving AC Milan after 10 seasons with the club.

Pirlo, who turns 32 on Thursday, is expected to join Juventus.

He told reporters outside Milan’s downtown offices on Wednesday that “after 10 unforgettable years, I want to thank the club and fans for all their affection.”

Pirlo missed several months of action this season with a right knee injury but returned to help the club win its 18th Serie A title.

Defender Alessandro Nesta and forward Filippo Inzaghi renewed their contracts through June 30, 2012.

Defender Thiago Silva, extended his contract through June 2016 on Tuesday, and midfielder Mark van Bommel and No. 3 goalkeeper Flavio Roma extended their deals through next season.
Reuters :

MILAN, May 18 (Reuters) - Andrea Pirlo will leave new Serie A champions AC Milan when his contract expires at the end of the season, the Italy midfielder said on Wednesday.

“It’s a mutual decision, I’ve had 10 unforgettable years here,” he told reporters.

The playmaker has been heavily linked in Italian media reports with a move to fallen giants Juventus. He nearly joined Chelsea two years ago.

Pirlo has suffered a string of injuries and was not a regular under Massimiliano Allegri this season having lost his much of his former sparkle.

About the part I underlined, well we know it, but when you hear it from others it hurts much more.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
So when are we getting Gattuso and Zaccardo?

Anyway, Pirlo is good and he will serve us two decent years doing as good if not better than C. Zanetti, a passer of the ball that we really missed since C. Z. left. Hopefully this will force Liverfool to lower the price of Aquilani.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 52)