Andrea Pirlo - CM - AC Milan (31 Viewers)

Aquilani or Pirlo?

• Aquilani

• Pirlo

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Paolo Rossi

World Champion
Jul 8, 2007
How many of the 2006 relics are we missing?

This whole CL BS is annoying as fuck. If we continue to purchase old, injury prone, past their sell by dates players, then we are never going to qualify for the CL anyway. Milan, Inter, and Roma strengthening further will leave us far far behind. If we show players an ambitious project and money, I'm sure they'd be willing to join us. However, we can't keep saying shit like "oh, who would want to join us anyway? No one wants to come here because we are not going to participate in the CL." Utter nonsense and BS :blah: :blah: :blah:

Bottom line: If we don't invest in quality, and players who can make the difference, then we won't be making the CL, for a very very very long time. I hate this defeatist mentality some of you are adopting. Oh, and please don't say you are trying to be objective and rational, cuz that's just a cover up for talking absolute nonsense and BS out of ur ass!
Funniest post ever. We are not trying to be negative, those are facts. Just like for fans CL is almsot everything, so is for the players. They wanna win the CL more than anything. It means exposure, money and glory. Also, without CL the funds are just not there. Why would a player like Tevez or Drogba want to join us, when they can join a team like Real or Inter and play in CL? Its not gonna happen.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
We should at least try. We don't even try. However, if we continue attracting/procuring/acquiring garbage, because of this "no one will want to join us" trend, then we might as well brace ourselves for another 10 years without CL football.

Lo-Pan

Disciple of Gonzo
Feb 11, 2009
I am far from majorly excited by the potential acquisition of Pirlo, but neither am I downbeat...because, in his position, we presently have a player, who I feel is weaker mentally, and weaker in terms of talent (aquilani). Of course questions can be asked of Pirlo's fitness, but of his quality vs the quality of our present regista??? its no contest whatsoever. He is simply a better player than aquilani will ever be...even at 31. Regardless of what he has won, he is a superior regista. No doubt in my mind whatsoever. And if its a choice of pay 16m for aquilani, then continue his exorbiant salaray, or near to it, of 4m per season...OR...sign pirlo, hope that he can give a year or two of world class quality, for zero transfer fee, and 3m per season, then i completely agree, and congratulate marotta, on such work. because he will have improved a starting position, and saved money. What more can you ask????

so far, we have near certainty, that we are signing Beck, a MASSIVE upgrade on a consistently troublesome position, and then Pirlo...a definite upgrade, and huge saving of $ which can then be spent elsewhere, on a regista starting position. I see nothing wrong with this, and lots right with this.

Gian

COME HOME MOGGI
Apr 12, 2009
''Pirlo wants to know who will train Juve before signing thé contact.'' Terms and everything else is agreed on

Flamez

Feb 7, 2011
''Pirlo wants to know who will train Juve before signing thé contact.'' Terms and everything else is agreed on
Great!

I can just rate this deal after I know what coach we'll have. I think with Ancelotti he'd be great, for example, but not with Deschamps. Well, I'm just talking about good coaches here, but probably he wouldn't want to work with an average coach like Del Neri.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
the second of course sorry for the snooping. :D
:D

Great!

I can just rate this deal after I know what coach we'll have. I think with Ancelotti he'd be great, for example, but not with Deschamps. Well, I'm just talking about good coaches here, but probably he wouldn't want to work with an average coach like Del Neri.
Why not?

He's coordinating great with Lucho in his team.

Scottish

Zebrastreifenpferd
Mar 13, 2011
If Pirlo is being picky about coaches and Marotta is determined to bring in 2006 champions then I say go Pirlo!

Mabye he'll be the reason we get a coach with a brain next year.

v1rtu4l

Mar 4, 2008
Şahin is one example to this. He went for €10M. I'm not saying we could have competed with Real Madrid, they're in Champions League and financially better, but did Marotta even try to get him in the first place before he signed for them? I doubt he even knew about him.
sahin already tried to break into dortmunds first squad 6 years ago and flopped badly (although you could see glimpses of his ability) now after a big loan spell and the time in dortmund he is hardly a guarantee... he might as well flop again when the going gets tough just like he did in his first two years at dortmund and of course we could not compete with real madrids money, wage offerings and champions league participation, so this just proves my point that we do not get anyone decent without money or CL

and to your last question ... if marotta already knew him from back then (2005) then he would be correct to not gamble on that player that already flopped in dortmund (a much less star-studded side back then)

dodo

The Recruiter
Apr 25, 2011
Indeed a wise move to wait first who the new coach will be. Pirlo would want some guarantee that he'll get playtime and is needed in some way etc.. because if he does sign already and van Gaal for example will be our new coach, then it will be Toni/Gomez all over again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 31)