Andrea Pirlo - CM - AC Milan (7 Viewers)

Aquilani or Pirlo?

• Aquilani

• Pirlo

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
This is amazing, I thought there was no chance of us getting more 2006 WC but they still find them, one by one.

3 year contract for a player who already sucks? So we're going to pay him 4m a year to suck for 3 more years? I swear this club is run by morons, fucking idiots. I'm getting so pissed right now. Fuck the front office, their fetish for Italians and 2006 Champions. I wish Italy never won that bloody WC in 2006, worst thing ever.

Byrone

Peen Meister
Dec 19, 2005
This is amazing, I thought there was no chance of us getting more 2006 WC but they still find them, one by one.

3 year contract for a player who already sucks? So we're going to pay him 4m a year to suck for 3 more years? I swear this club is run by morons, fucking idiots. I'm getting so pissed right now. Fuck the front office, their fetish for Italians and 2006 Champions. I wish Italy never won that bloody WC in 2006, worst thing ever.
I love angry Suns.:D

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
Pirlo is still good, better than Aquilani and does not cost 16M euros to buy. Good buy.
He's not still good. He's getting worse and worse by the season, we have no business being all over that mess. And who cares if he's better than Aquilani? Thats what everybody said before this season when we got Del Neri cuz at least he's better than Zacheroni and Ciro, or Toni who's at least better than Amauri, or Motta who's at least better than Grygera. Fuck that attitude, we need players that are much better than those we have today, not just slightly better.

memo

Nov 18, 2005
He's not still good. He's getting worse and worse by the season, we have no business being all over that mess. And who cares if he's better than Aquilani? Thats what everybody said before this season when we got Del Neri cuz at least he's better than Zacheroni and Ciro, or Toni who's at least better than Amauri, or Motta who's at least better than Grygera. Fuck that attitude, we need players that are much better than those we have today, not just slightly better.
i dont think that pirlo is coming for a starter spot
he will be used like alex, and toni, regulars but not starters

Jun 13, 2007
I don't see why anyone should complain about this move. It's anything but a gamble. We know what Pirlo is capable of, and he's not exactly close to retiring just yet. I'm positive he still has a few good seasons in him. I like this transfer, and I've always been a big fan of Pirlo ever since he was an U21 player for Italy. It would be great to see him here finally.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
How exactly is it not a gamble to sign an ageing player who has been injured a lot in the last year?

I wouldn't say it's a bad move, though.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Not happy with this possible deal. Not at all.

And yes, I know he is (still) a lot better than Aquilani.
I would mainly be annoyed by the big wages, because it shoulds total lack of negotiating skills. But signing him on a free, assuming its with other additions, and not just him, I think is fine enough of transaction. He is more or less quite classy and good passing maestro, problem is injury prone and being real short term addition (last part annoys me, could gambled on a young regista, would been better, because Pirlo is quite a gamble too). But as a player, I think he we will serve his uses well enough, solely by sheer ability, kind that doesnt go away that quickly by age alone.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Well at the moment we are guessing on wages anyway, but I'd be annoyed at any more than €3m. I wouldn't expect a free transfer Pirlo to be on much less though, when he could pick up a lot in the gulf states.

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
I think we're kind of "forced" to give high wages considering our situation atm. I would still sigh a younger player and let both decided with their play who will start. I don't mind this move.

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
I would mainly be annoyed by the big wages, because it shoulds total lack of negotiating skills. But signing him on a free, assuming its with other additions, and not just him, I think is fine enough of transaction. He is more or less quite classy and good passing maestro, problem is injury prone and being real short term addition (last part annoys me, could gambled on a young regista, would been better, because Pirlo is quite a gamble too). But as a player, I think he we will serve his uses well enough, solely by sheer ability, kind that doesnt go away that quickly by age alone.
Yeah, I'm not really doubting his overall ability.

What I dislike about this possible deal, is that it's an extremely shortsighted one. And it's the exact opposite of what Marotta & co set out to do less than a year ago.

Besides, I still think we'll sign Aquilani as well, while Melo may be sacrificed.

only-juve

Jan 5, 2008
i dont think that pirlo is coming for a starter spot
he will be used like alex, and toni, regulars but not starters
For 4 million in salary, believe me he'll definitely be a starter with such money or we're extremely dump (won't be surprising) to have a player on a 4 million wage who's just a backup.....

Nov 1, 2002
why so many complains about his age when a 33 years old (V.Bommel) helped milan progress in the second part of the league.

hes still WC in my opinion , but injuries let him down so many times since the last season so i hope he stay injury free when he plays for us. and yes he is better than Aquillani and hes free!! so we could look on other parts to fix than paying 16m for lazy player...

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
It's a free transfer. It's a good deal. If Roma or someone signed this guy for free everyone here would be like, "Gee, maybe we could have used him for free. Look at all these teams getting decent free players like Milan got the GREAT Van Bommel!"

Nov 1, 2002
I think we're kind of "forced" to give high wages considering our situation atm. I would still sigh a younger player and let both decided with their play who will start. I don't mind this move.
agree, but we need to sign players who already won to get that winning mentality back, mixed with potential youngsters. not squad full of youngsters like arsenal :inter:

CAPITANO

58 ' SUPER SIC ' 58
Jul 12, 2006
Pirlo done,

Carlo next :p

or Lippi :shifty:

(don't believe the 4mil salary, he has offers worth more money but wants to stay in Italy and likes the idea of joining Juve)

adriano_c

May 26, 2009
I don't see why anyone should complain about this move. It's anything but a gamble. We know what Pirlo is capable of, and he's not exactly close to retiring just yet. I'm positive he still has a few good seasons in him. I like this transfer, and I've always been a big fan of Pirlo ever since he was an U21 player for Italy. It would be great to see him here finally.
Reasons to complain? How about Pirlo being "out of form" since late 2006? That's going on five years now. How about that even Allegri realizes Milan actually gets the job done without him, despite their team possessing much more mobile forwards than us in Pato, Robinho and Cassano (with whom Pirlo should be reaping the rewards for his style). Do you think he'll add anything at all to our static and disjointed play? He'll be pulling his fucking hair out. See Aquilani (not that that's his only excuse for poor performances). What else? The fact that he's been fragile and injury-prone for years now and misses a lot of time. The strong probability that he'll be on very high wages that could be better spent elsewhere. The likelihood that unless we switch to a 4-3-1-2, 4-3-3 or something to give him more cover, he won't be able to cope with only a singular DM backing up his lightweight presence in the center (God help you if you think Marchisio could do this job). The fact that he's old as hell and this flies in the face of the supposed club policy focusing on youth and verve that they've been bullshitting us with for some time now. Finally, the disturbing confirmation (like we needed more) that someone in our management has been furiously masturbating to this...

...and seems to be opting for their own epic orgasm rather than giving us what we want - a competitive team.

Byrone

Peen Meister
Dec 19, 2005
That's a weak excuse that was used when we got back to Serie A, it's hardly a plausible excuse to use. Marotta needs to show some nerve & work on his negotiating skills.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)