• Aquilani

• Pirlo

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
I agree, but many question marks remain. He has been crap for quite a few seasons now.

1) Fitness issues; injury prone, particularly this past season.
2) Age factor.
3) Will he demand to be a starter? Is he being acquired as one?

I wouldn't start him over Melo and Marchisio, especially if we sign a quality LW, someone like Hazard perhaps.

Buy on AliExpress.com

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
He could make it work in our midfield, a real playmaker finally. We haven't had one since Zanetti broke down and got traded away.

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
So much for youth, I expect nothing more than an old man playing football like an old man does. Hasn't he been out injured most of this season?

Luca Toni 33 years (34 this month)
Andrea Pirlo 31 years (32 next week)

The crazy project continues...

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
I agree, but many question marks remain. He has been crap for quite a few seasons now.

1) Fitness issues; injury prone, particularly this past season.
2) Age factor.
3) Will he demand to be a starter? Is he being acquired as one?

I wouldn't start him over Melo and Marchisio, especially if we sign a quality LW, someone like Hazard perhaps.
1) fitness issues and injury proness were the same questions that arose with aquilani.
2) age - he isn't exactly ancient, he is still more than capable of doing a job for us.
3) who knows, the way i see it that he will add quality in depth

Nomuken

NUMB
Contributor
Dec 14, 2009
Would of been something if this name popped up back then, but we didn't need the likes of him with the quality of the squad we had.

May 22, 2007
Allegri 'doesn't want Pirlo'
Assistant manager Mauro Tassotti confirms Andrea Pirlo is no longer required at Milan. “Max Allegri wants different characteristics.”

Veteran Pirlo’s contract expires on June 30 and it does not look as if he will be offered an extension.

“Allegri wants a player with more defensive characteristics compared to Andrea when sitting in front of the defence,” said Tassotti during the Scudetto celebrations.

“We wanted to see how he could do in a wider role, but then Andrea started to have injury problems that kept him off the field for many months.

“I don’t know if we’ll take different paths now, as that is a problem we’ll have to wait and see about.

“In any case, Pirlo remains an important player not just for Milan, but for Italian football.”

It is widely expected that Pirlo will join Juventus on a free transfer, ending his 10-year stay at San Siro.

http://www.football-italia.net/may8j.html

K.O.

Nov 24, 2005
If Allegri came here last summer, we'll be saying Allegri is mediocre and not Juve material. Milan success was not entirely the coach's work, Galliani and Berlusconi backed him excellently.

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
Oct 2, 2001
If Allegri came here last summer, we'll be saying Allegri is mediocre and not Juve material. Milan success was not entirely the coach's work, Galliani and Berlusconi backed him excellently.
:agree:

They built the team well and had great transfer in the January, and Allegri wasn't any similar of the clowns we had, like Delneri or Ranieri to ruin their good work..

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
I don't even think this warrants an answer, but I will grant you one. Buffon is a club legend, and his presence brings more than just world class saves. He is an icon, and an important element, a player who is worth just as much off the pitch as he is on it. Storari is a good goalkeeper, but if it came down to choosing between him and Buffon, I wouldn't hesitate to offer Storari a one way ticket out of Turin. He has never been, and never will be at Buffon's level, neither in terms of ability, or level of importance.
boooooooooooring.

pls say something tangible.

Joe

Dec 20, 2009
i really blame everyone at juventus for not getting allegri last summer :(
Allegri was fortunate to have an excellent squad behind him: Thiago Silva, Ibrahamovic, Robinho, Pato, Cassano, etc.
Del Neri had: Chiellini, and Del Piero?

See your true coaching abilities come out when you have barely anything to work with. Del Neri proved (with our under-performing and rather mediocre side) that he's semi-retarded and starts players like Motta, and makes horrible substitutions. Allegri on the other hand was lucky enough that he had a winning-side with him, and they just shoved through the league without him doing much of anything.

If Allegri was our coach this season, much wouldn't have changed.

Mike-e-y

Jul 18, 2004
Very risky deal.

Positives are that he will be free and we will save money on a transfer fee while adding undoubted quality to our squad.

Negatives are his age, anything that we save on the transfer fee i fear we will spend on his wages and also his fitness....

If this season is a one off in terms of injuries I think this is a solid deal, if its a sign of things to come then its a huge mistake. I dont think right now that we are in a position where we can afford to take such a risk.....

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Its not about sucking at all, its a very tactical choice. Allegri's Milan doesnt sit back with their midfield as low but more dynamic/mobile, and Gatusso isnt as good as covering ground anymore for Pirlo, so Pirlo has been a liability DEFENSIVELY, in his usual role as in the whole deep regista DM. Milan exposed to counters/breaks more with such set up. We saw that alot in first half of the season, some of the games they dropped.

But since they got Van Bommel, he has been much more defensively viable and shored them up alot as deep playing holding midfielder. Allegri prolly wanted to try Pirlo in a more advanced CM role (prolly to the left), bit like he plays in Azzurri. Would needed time to adjust. But Pirlo been too injured to do that change. But simple fact is Pirlo cant do the deep playing role anymore in a diamond midfield. Thats the crux of it all. Not because of quality, but needing to do change of role in a differently set up team.

dodo

The Recruiter
Apr 25, 2011
But since they got Van Bommel, he has been much more defensively viable and shored them up alot as deep playing holding midfielder. Allegri prolly wanted to try Pirlo in a more advanced CM role (prolly to the left), bit like he plays in Azzurri. Would needed time to adjust. But Pirlo been too injured to do that change
Seedorf also started playing real good at that position, hard for Allegri to take him out now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)