Andrea "Il Bruco Brutto" Agnelli (53 Viewers)

Espectro

The Grimreaper
Jul 12, 2002

Eaven the most inocent person can see that this has UEFA and Ceferin signature all over because of the Super League... Tebas is Ceferin's bitch and La Liga cant go against Barcelona and Real Madrid becouse that would be suicidal against their own interest, but they can go against Juventus.

Agnelli signed is demise the day he accepted go in business with Florentino Perez... before that day, we were in war against FIGC, after that day we were in war against FIGC and UEFA.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Do the Portuguese feel this way towards the Spanish? @swag
Not at all, really. And comparing Portuguese to Spain is a touch odder ... it's a bit more like comparisons with Catalans and Andalusians: smaller tribe, own language, different but entangled history.

Spain is kind of like a rival brother to Portugal. When we're faced head-to head, it's a national derby for us. But unlike, say, Lazio/Roma or Milan/Inter, we share a little brotherly love when the other does well and we're not directly involved.

Spain are also considered uncouth loudmouths with no social manners, but then every nation badmouths their neighbors.

Scottish

Zebrastreifenpferd
Mar 13, 2011
Wowser

Shit the bed, boys. We're in for a wild ride. Our image is totally rekt due to the actions of our president (and the others on the board), after a decade of careful and successful rebuild under that same president.

I take it everybody else's WhatsApp is as full of friends rubbing it in as mine is? :grin:

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Wowser

Shit the bed, boys. We're in for a wild ride. Our image is totally rekt due to the actions of our president (and the others on the board), after a decade of careful and successful rebuild under that same president.

I take it everybody else's WhatsApp is as full of friends rubbing it in as mine is? :grin:
With southern Italian friends, yes.

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012
Wowser

Calma. That LaLiga letter is so stupid given that practically nothing has happened and proven yet. FFP is dead anyway.

Scottish

Zebrastreifenpferd
Mar 13, 2011
Agnelli signed is demise the day he accepted go in business with Florentino Perez... before that day, we were in war against FIGC, after that day we were in war against FIGC and UEFA.
Thing is the dodgy accountancy was the latest in a list if strategies designed to help us keep up with richer clubs in richer leagues. Up till then as far as I know they were legitimate and successful - not entering bidding wars, looking for opportunistic transfers etc. Then the JJ project was lukewarm at best, hasn't really worked out, and then Marotta left when we signed Ronaldo.

That was a step too far. A gamble that could really shaft us. It's funny that to me stretching the laws so far would never occur to me, but that's modern football I guess. It hasn't paid off partly probably because we have so many enemies in Italy and across Europe. Aligning with the super league project was just a part of a trajectory and a desperate roll of the dice by agnelli. He's lost and now we just hope he doesn't take the whole club down with him.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 47)