Andrea "Il Bruco Brutto" Agnelli (40 Viewers)

Mike-e-y

Jul 18, 2004
Not a fan remotely of the super league in the format they launched it, the idea is ok if it gets tweaked. Very glad that it wasn’t as poorly planned as it looked though and that we have defended ourselves better than the other cowardly clubs.

UEFA clearly have a monopoly and there isn’t a court in any country that could rule any differently. I have to say it’s funny how the news has received 0 coverage at all in the UK considering the uproar we had when it was first launched…

JuveE46

Dec 6, 2015
I like to think and its possible that AA with the team of 150 lawyers at his disposal and our connection with Platini and his inside info knew before launching the SL that there couldn't and wouldn't be serious consequences and that the SL was a bit of an "ultimatum" to FIFAs monopoly. I also think he knew it probably wouldn't happen as presented but it's a huge step had to start somewhere.

It was the equivalent of a huge dildo inside FIFA. AA slapping bitches around for fun :cool:

Last edited:

Fab Fragment

Dec 22, 2018
I like to think and its possible that AA with the team of 150 lawyers at his disposal and our connection with Platini and his inside info knew before launching the SL that there couldn't and wouldn't be serious consequences and that the SL was a bit of an "ultimatum" to FIFAs monopoly. I also think he knew it probably wouldn't happen as presented but it's a huge step had to start somewhere.
You're probably right. AA could very well have contacted Platini for some insider scoop in order to blackmail Ceferin.

MrMonkey

Jul 15, 2017
Don't know much about him but believe this head goes aong with his ego.
1623425450767.png

How in the world would you not want a Del Piero as part of the management team after retiring? Same thing will probably happen with Gigi. Maybe AA knows they will be more loved than he can ever be. FUAA!

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
Don't know much about him but believe this head goes aong with his ego.
1623425450767.png

How in the world would you not want a Del Piero as part of the management team after retiring? Same thing will probably happen with Gigi. Maybe AA knows they will be more loved than he can ever be. FUAA!
Not being funny but maybe Ale didn't have immediate intentions to be part of the management, after all he has a very settled life in LA and has his own business ventures there to look after, it's just the way things are sometimes. I mean Nedved is the vice president yet a fair few on this forum would be happy to see him gone for someone more 'qualified' for the role.

sgjuveboy

Oct 31, 2012
Honestly other than AA himself, we do not have enough businessmen running our show and that is why SL did not happen. It could have saved football from turning into the next ‘curling.’ Football is boring as f these days with VAR and DSimeone. Pitch needs to be smaller, game shorter, and draws should be awarded with point deduction. And game time should target China audience.

SL was an awesome idea. But because our management is made up of a retired footballer (nedved) and a fan of expired players (tici,) the announcement was handled poorly. If AA had some of the best businessmen/politician like tsai ingwen or Dana White by his side, they could have:

Introduced the SL as chance for big clubs to let their youths have a chance to play first team football, given their huge player roster. They could have branded this the NextGenSuperLeague.
It would have created a good enough buzz for the world to want to watch, especially viral Instagram millennials!

And then after one or two seasons, they could slowly tweak the rules to allow more and more overage players to play and finally turn it into the SuperLeague that they want to.

And if UEFAk or fifak ever wanna sue, SL could play the victim card and say that Uefak and fifak is standing in the way of youth development and create campaign such as #chanceforyouth etc!

See. This is what you get for having neddy and tici, instead of me, by your side, AA

rainhard

May 5, 2004
Honestly other than AA himself, we do not have enough businessmen running our show and that is why SL did not happen. It could have saved football from turning into the next ‘curling.’ Football is boring as f these days with VAR and DSimeone. Pitch needs to be smaller, game shorter, and draws should be awarded with point deduction. And game time should target China audience.

SL was an awesome idea. But because our management is made up of a retired footballer (nedved) and a fan of expired players (tici,) the announcement was handled poorly. If AA had some of the best businessmen/politician like tsai ingwen or Dana White by his side, they could have:

Introduced the SL as chance for big clubs to let their youths have a chance to play first team football, given their huge player roster. They could have branded this the NextGenSuperLeague.
It would have created a good enough buzz for the world to want to watch, especially viral Instagram millennials!

And then after one or two seasons, they could slowly tweak the rules to allow more and more overage players to play and finally turn it into the SuperLeague that they want to.

And if UEFAk or fifak ever wanna sue, SL could play the victim card and say that Uefak and fifak is standing in the way of youth development and create campaign such as #chanceforyouth etc!

See. This is what you get for having neddy and tici, instead of me, by your side, AA
The important thing is consult with the regulator. this youth nextgen things will not bring big money like SL will get
But maybe it is good as a long term as it killing the regulator slowly but sure, but it is not fast as the money that SL clubs want

The problem is most of club needed the money fast (they said because covid19) but I said it is bullshit. It is all miss management, and covid19 is the cause that all miss management come up above because there is nothing those rich club can do anymore to suppress that problem

FFP is there to create more fair in financial aspect how the club is running so they are healthy, but that is just some rules to be work around by those richest club
Because for them if you cannot get the best players then you will lose the competition. To get the best players you need money

But we can take example of Borussia Dortmund and Lille for high medium club (title contender in their league). they dont need to buy expensive but they can sell for big money. That will keep them sustained. The overflowing of talents in their rank so established players can go for big money to big club, but they are not short in regeneration

sgjuveboy

Oct 31, 2012
The important thing is consult with the regulator. this youth nextgen things will not bring big money like SL will get
But maybe it is good as a long term as it killing the regulator slowly but sure, but it is not fast as the money that SL clubs want

The problem is most of club needed the money fast (they said because covid19) but I said it is bullshit. It is all miss management, and covid19 is the cause that all miss management come up above because there is nothing those rich club can do anymore to suppress that problem

FFP is there to create more fair in financial aspect how the club is running so they are healthy, but that is just some rules to be work around by those richest club
Because for them if you cannot get the best players then you will lose the competition. To get the best players you need money

But we can take example of Borussia Dortmund and Lille for high medium club (title contender in their league). they dont need to buy expensive but they can sell for big money. That will keep them sustained. The overflowing of talents in their rank so established players can go for big money to big club, but they are not short in regeneration
You raised some very good points my friend! :)
You are right, this NEXTGENSL may not make quick money fast. But that is if it is played in Europe. You inspired another awesome idea in me.

I would think this NEXTGENSL could take place in China. Have a base for all these giant clubs in China for 2-3 years for this NEXTGENSL.
China is recovering from covid quicker, and stadium can be filled soon. All the club need to do is make sure that the big players turn up before each game just to sign autographs and do some fan interaction events such as player PES with them, while the nextgen players will play the matches. i'm sure we with the right marketing, NEXTGEN players can be super attractive to millenials too. Look at cool players like Harvey Elliot instrageam. That guy could probably be the ambassador for some FMCG shampoo line.

AND also sell the streaming rights to monopoly companies like Douyu or Huya!

That is where the $$$ is. The future of football should be an online-offline experience (OMNICHANNEL)

Super League was an awesome idea and only mediocore folks cant see it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 33)