Andrea "Il Bruco Brutto" Agnelli (24 Viewers)

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
Andrea Agnelli when asked about Conte: 'Nobody is indispensable.'

- - - Updated - - -

That was actually a stand.
How was that a stand, if he's removed the stars and is now open to bringing it back when another team gets its second star. Either we have stars or we don't. Even officially we are entitled to our third star now, so if he intends to do it in the future, he might as well do it now.

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
He seems like a bit of a jerk. First he did that disrespectful thing with Del Piero and now this with Conte... Maybe I'm not right but...
He's not pushing Conte out, Conte wants to leave.

I'm starting to dislike this guy again.
For saying nobody is indispensable? Is he wrong about that?

We all want Conte to stay, but it seems to be out of his hands. What do you want him to say?

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
It'd be nice if he was a bit more tactful coz the situation is delicate, and like Marrotta said they'd prioritise a Cnte stay, he should have perhaps said the same. Instead he's probably furthered the divide if there was one to begin with. He did the same with Del Piero.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
You guys are too harsh on him. We don't know anything and should not comment on Agnelli in this case.

But there's a high chances it's really simple: Both Juve and Conte aim at the CL. Conte thinks he needs better players in order to do good and Agnelli can't offer that due to our low(er) budget. If Conte is asking for two wingers who'd cost around 40mln, then this thing has nothing to do with Conte, simply because we can't provide that.

I don't see what's wrong with AA's comment there. There's NO WAY in hell he'd come out and say "Conte is irreplaceable", that would be a retarded statement.

j0ker

Capo di tutti capi
Jan 5, 2006
Il presidente della Juventus, Andrea Agnelli, presente stamane al Wired Next Fest di Milano, ha parlato anche dei temi bianconeri, esprimendo rammarico per non aver disputato la finale di Europa League allo Stadium: "Essendo arrivati a giocare la semifinale di ritorno di Europa League in casa e non essere poi protagonisti in una finale che avremmo giocato in casa - le parole del presidente, riprese dall'edizione web del Corsport - dà rammarico. Il discorso sulle coppe europee va però allargato. Siamo tornati a disputare la Champions League lo scorso anno e siamo usciti ai quarti contro il Bayern Monaco che si è laureato poi campione d'Europa. Il rammarico di quest'anno non è l'eliminazione in semifinale contro un Benfica che negli ultimi anni ha sempre fatto bene in Europa. Il rammarico è essere stati eliminati nel girone di Champions League che avremmo potuto superare. L'eliminazione in semifinale di Europa League ci lascia il veleno sul dente che servirà per partire con grande determinazione il prossimo anno".
"I bilanci si fanno a stagione finita e l'anno non è ancora finito. Il nostro anno finisce domenica quando abbiamo una partita che ci può permettere di arrivare a 102 punti, un punteggio mai raggiunto da nessuno in Europa -
ha aggiunto -. Platini vuole consegnarci una coppa? Platini è simpatico e mi piacciono le sue battute. Mi premi chi vuole, anche un altro. A me basta vincere. Platini dice che dovrà aspettare ancora molto? Siamo arrivati ai quarti di Champions lo scorso anno e in semifinale di Europa League. Questi risultati vogliono dire che in Europa siamo presenti. Una stagione si giudica positivamente se in primavera arrivi con la possibilità di vincere qualcosa. Noi ci siamo riusciti sia in Italia che in Europa dove è ancora più difficile vincere rispetto alla Serie A"
Non si è parlato della questione Conte, ma l'ultima domanda sembrava proprio riferita all'allenatore. "Si dice che in ogni società tutti siano importanti e nessuno indispensabile. E' d'accordo?", gli è stato chiesto. Il presidente ha risposto: "Tutti importanti e nessuno indispensabile è un principio di vita che si applica anche al calcio. Io sono il primo a non essere indispensabile perché la Juventus ha una storia vincente di 115 anni, una storia che è più grande di ogni singolo individuo".

Translate?

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
You guys are too harsh on him. We don't know anything and should not comment on Agnelli in this case.

But there's a high chances it's really simple: Both Juve and Conte aim at the CL. Conte thinks he needs better players in order to do good and Agnelli can't offer that due to our low(er) budget. If Conte is asking for two wingers who'd cost around 40mln, then this thing has nothing to do with Conte, simply because we can't provide that.

I don't see what's wrong with AA's comment there. There's NO WAY in hell he'd come out and say "Conte is irreplaceable", that would be a retarded statement.
Three seasons after his plasma and LCD comment, you'd think the club would be able to launch from unprecedented domestic success to provide Conte at least one or two players of quality. I would say something is wrong with the club if they are not able to make that leap after what we've achieved domestically. Keep in mind I'm not talking about 30m plus profile players, but a Sanchez level of about 22-25m. You could genuinely question the ambition or lack thereof if we aren't looking at such signings, and instead aim to be looking at the likes of Lulic for 15m.

There is an issue here and the club is struggling to break out of its comfort zone financially if that's the case. Ffp cannot be an excuse because we are far removed from any possibility of sanctions, seeing how we have operated in the last few years. As for the Conte comment, he didn't need to say that in such a direct manner, given that it's well documented that the situation is delicate. He could've easily sidestepped the comment or said that the priority is to keep him here so we can build together, quite like Marrotta did the other day. However, it seems like there is a rift and he has done nothing to bridge the gap, publicly.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Three seasons after his plasma and LCD comment, you'd think the club would be able to launch from unprecedented domestic success to provide Conte at least one or two players of quality. I would say something is wrong with the club if they are not able to make that leap after what we've achieved domestically. Keep in mind I'm not talking about 30m plus profile players, but a Sanchez level of about 22-25m. You could genuinely question the ambition or lack thereof if we aren't looking at such signings, and instead aim to be looking at the likes of Lulic for 15m. There is an issue here and the club is struggling to break out of its comfort zone financially if that's the case. Ffp cannot be an excuse because we are far removed from any possibility of sanctions, seeing how we have operated in the last few years.
I'm going to repeat what I've said many, many times. Just look at our transfers over the past years. No, look at our starting XI

Buffon

Barzagli (300k) - Bonucci (I have no clue, I used to think it was around 13mln) - Chiellini

Licht (10) - Vidal (12) - Pirlo (0) - Pogba (0) - Asa (9 for 50%)

Tevez (12) - Llorente (0)

Padoin (5), Peluso (5), Osvaldo (loan), Pepe (9), Quag (9.5), Caceres (9.5), Ogbonna (15)

I might have made some mistakes, those are numbers from my head, how we roughly did those deals. So yes, people should stop dreaming. When was the last time we spent big? It was on Melo and Diego, partly Amauri. We even bought half of Asamoah later.

Look at our transfer targets this summer (you can say it's rumors, but at least half are not): Nani (10-12), Ranocchia (not much), Paletta (no idea), Menez (free), Pererya (around 10) and Evra (free!).

I'm not saying that is normal. But I'm saying that we never spend big. Yet every summer people expect a 20-25mln player and make it sound like we do it every year. Well just look at those numbers and you'll get the picture. The only way we'll spend big is if we sell either Vidal or Pogba in order to fund a couple of players. It's how Dortmund roles and it's how Roma bought those 18-20mln players like Radja and Strootman, by sales. If we don't sell then we surely won't see any big name this summer unless it's less than 15mln or a free transfer.

So yeah, if Conte asks for Sanchez and we want to keep Pogba and Vidal, it's not likely to happen. Policy might be wrong, I'm not saying it's right, but I'm saying that WE DO NOT SPEND BIG on individual players.

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011
So yeah, if Conte asks for Sanchez and we want to keep Pogba and Vidal, it's not likely to happen. Policy might be wrong, I'm not saying it's right, but I'm saying that WE DO NOT SPEND BIG on individual players.
Baggio is saying maybe we should... None of us know the full details whether it is purely a FFP/finance related thing or also has other factors involved like Agnelli/Elkann/Exor etc but I do think if we can't even sign someone like Sanchez for 22m (if the rumours are true), even helped by a few sales then I do think it does show a bit of lack of ambition or more just empty talk of progressing as a club from management standpoint.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Baggio is saying maybe we should... None of us know the full details whether it is purely a FFP/finance related thing or also has other factors involved like Agnelli/Elkann/Exor etc but I do think if we can't even sign someone like Sanchez for 22m (if the rumours are true), even helped by a few sales then I do think it does show a bit of lack of ambition or more just empty talk of progressing as a club.
I say that as well.

I'm just trying to clarify the different things AA and Conte want/do.

If Conte is asking for a Sanchez who costs 10mln more than we're ready to pay for, then it's not his fault he wants to leave tbh. Also, if we don't have the money, we can't force him to stay. Same goes for Pogba in the future and his wages.

If club can't get their hands on more money, then they should consider selling Pogba for loads of cash and signing 2 good players.

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
He's not pushing Conte out, Conte wants to leave.

For saying nobody is indispensable? Is he wrong about that?

We all want Conte to stay, but it seems to be out of his hands. What do you want him to say?
Conte does not want to leave, if he wanted, he wouldnt negotiate, Conte loves and respects Juve more than Agnelli and he wants to see her lifted, more than Andrea does...

And if its one person that is indispensable in our club right now, thats Conte, definitly not Andrea...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 20)