Andrea "Il Bruco Brutto" Agnelli (30 Viewers)

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
What a stupid comment by Agnelli, what the hell kind of signals does he think he's sending to guys like Vidal if he's saying that we're now a stepping stone to something better? This guy can't be for real.

And Germany, really? Who the fuck wants to play in the Bundesliga if it ain't Bayern?

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
Agnelli is absolutely right. If you don't understand what he's talking about, I suggest that you study italian affairs more closely. To cut a long story short: it's a shit country, both politically and financially, which has a great effect on Serie-A.

Fint

Aug 13, 2010
agnelli is 90% of the reason we got our own stadium. stop jerking
Agnelli is absolutely right. If you don't understand what he's talking about, I suggest that you study italian affairs more closely. To cut a long story short: it's a shit country, both politically and financially, and it has a great effect on Serie-A.
:agree:

Still doesn't give him an excuse for the decrepit minuscule stadium he's provided for the club.

Just thinking of the place makes me feel claustrophobic

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
What a stupid comment by Agnelli, what the hell kind of signals does he think he's sending to guys like Vidal if he's saying that we're now a stepping stone to something better? This guy can't be for real.

And Germany, really? Who the fuck wants to play in the Bundesliga if it ain't Bayern?
serie a is a stepping stone, and as the article clearly states, he is looking for juve to be/become the powerhouse in a shit league and country, sportivewise

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Juventino[RUS];4143559 said:
ye and cobolli gigli & blanc made nothing to build stadium :rofl: you have a short memory :sergio:
The board has been thinking and attempting an own stadium for quite a while, yet never materialised. blanc and gigli failed in their effords. It was when agnelli came, that a financial plan was made with elkann, the loan, suddenly the permission, and then the construction

Rus, you really underestimate agnelli, he surprises me more and more. He's an very good in getting things moving.

Just watch how our turnover is increasing. not cl or gate receipts, but sponsering and merchandising and profiling. he's doing an excellent job.

I still think he should allow more to be spend on a single player, but i trust he is taking us the right direction

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
Great interview, and I agree with everything he says in regards to the current state of Italian football.

Changes need to be made. Even though we are clearly on a steady path and are building up again season after season, the mess that Italian Football is in (on and off the field) will keep holding us back. Structural reforms are needed - that stadium law needs to be passed, clubs need to look to modernise their operations and the marketing of the league outside of Italy needs to a complete overhaul, and I just hope these important factors start to happen as soon as possible.

Thank fuck we have such modern, smart and business-savvy people running our club.

Emmet

Apr 5, 2006
Great fucking article.

AA is absolutely spot on. Serie A is nothing but a stepping stone to other leagues at the moment, which is why Cavani, Jovetic and the likes will move on to other leagues in the summer.

We (and to some extent Udinese) are the only clubs moving forward.

As long as the other 18 teams don't do anything with their stadiums, Italy will continue to have a 4th rate league, simple as that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 27)