Andrea "Il Bruco Brutto" Agnelli (23 Viewers)

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
The massive amount of bad karma this guy called on us after not wanting to play against ‘smaller’ clubs anymore
His timing was impeccably bad with that, just as we began to slide. Prior to that we were a team constrained by our mediocre league, struggling to keep up with the money teams of Europe. Now we're struggling to keep up with our mediocre league, so going out to solid European teams like Porto, Ajax (more than solid) and Villarreal should not be the shock we make it. It's not the Juve we were accustomed to any more.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Nedved was right about sacking Allegri in 2019, not Agnelli. We replaced him with the wrong coaches, the results were thus crap, and Agnelli had his "I told you so" moment in the summer. Brought his chum back, locked him down into a 4 year contract of 9m a year, and now look at the results. We are in for a couple years of mediocrity. We have lost our once cemented position as a feared European team. And it's all because of him
Nedved should count his lucky stars he's still here. He should've been canned and had his ass handed to him along with Tootsie the Terrible. The Blond Bozo is still lucky to be employed by this club.

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
His done so much for the club,I find it hard to go against him but I can't hide my disappointment. His lost his ways. Something needs to change whether it starts from him, or the guys below or everything I don't know, frankly I think noone does. Whatever the case the ultimate responsibility always lies with the most senior figure. Do something Agnelli, bring in extra support, let's learn and focus on how other clubs do it, the rubber stamp winners like Bayern and Real. If we can't revolutionise let's just evolutionise. Less superleague, more Juve.

Cerval

Feb 20, 2016
He's mentally ill, look at this
@Xperd

Juventus chairman Andrea Agnelli proposes subscriptions for last 15 minutes of matches

European Clubs Association chairman Andrea Agnelli has floated the idea of offering fans the opportunity of “a subscription for the last 15 minutes” of matches to compensate for “the attention span of today’s kids”.
The primary topic for discussion as 184 of Europe’s top clubs joined ECA’s 25th general assembly on Monday was revamping the Champions League, with a Swiss-style system gaining traction.

However, the Juventus chief is also conscious of engaging the next generation of fans by offering a revolutionary way for fans to stay up to date with the highest end of the sport amid growing competition around the world, without the commitment of spending approximately two hours taking in a game.
“We could imagine a subscription for the last 15 minutes of a specific game,” Agnelli said.

“The attention span of today’s kids and tomorrow’s spenders is completely different to the one I had when I was their age.

“If you take golf, if it’s interesting at all, it’s only the last six holes on the final day. You are not going to watch the whole thing on the TV unless you are a hardcore fan.”

The new format of the Champions League could coincide with scrapping financial fair play in its current format too, with the ECA discussing an extreme change to the transfer system between Champions League clubs, who would stop buying or selling to each other and only do business with lower-ranking clubs.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
He's mentally ill, look at this
@Xperd

Juventus chairman Andrea Agnelli proposes subscriptions for last 15 minutes of matches

European Clubs Association chairman Andrea Agnelli has floated the idea of offering fans the opportunity of “a subscription for the last 15 minutes” of matches to compensate for “the attention span of today’s kids”.
The primary topic for discussion as 184 of Europe’s top clubs joined ECA’s 25th general assembly on Monday was revamping the Champions League, with a Swiss-style system gaining traction.

However, the Juventus chief is also conscious of engaging the next generation of fans by offering a revolutionary way for fans to stay up to date with the highest end of the sport amid growing competition around the world, without the commitment of spending approximately two hours taking in a game.
“We could imagine a subscription for the last 15 minutes of a specific game,” Agnelli said.

“The attention span of today’s kids and tomorrow’s spenders is completely different to the one I had when I was their age.

“If you take golf, if it’s interesting at all, it’s only the last six holes on the final day. You are not going to watch the whole thing on the TV unless you are a hardcore fan.”

The new format of the Champions League could coincide with scrapping financial fair play in its current format too, with the ECA discussing an extreme change to the transfer system between Champions League clubs, who would stop buying or selling to each other and only do business with lower-ranking clubs.
Yeah great, I get to pay to watch my team get fucked 3-0 at home in the CL round of 16 in the last 15 mins now

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
All are more tolerable and likeable then this guy.
His taking over the club saw a decade of domestic dominance. Sure he fucked up when he sacked Beppe but he also created those heights to drop from.

Maybe the power has gotten to his head but the last decade, one of the most successful eras in the history of this club, was never going to happen under Jean Claude Blanc and Alessio Secco

Strickland

May 17, 2019
His taking over the club saw a decade of domestic dominance. Sure he fucked up when he sacked Beppe but he also created those heights to drop from.

Maybe the power has gotten to his head but the last decade, one of the most successful eras in the history of this club, was never going to happen under Jean Claude Blanc and Alessio Secco
He has been fucking up ever since, not just that one episode. Ronaldo, Sarri, Pirlo, Tici, Super League, all his big moves were disasters, one bigger than the other. Lets wait to see how Allegri and Cherubini turn out, but I can't say it has been a promising start.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
i still think that firing marotta and replacing him with an imbecile lacking any leadership was the single most important mistake any president has made in the last 20-something years. it will take many years to recover from it.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
I can't agree, our biggest problem is leapfrog of coaches
even though sarri was a bad fit, he and allegri are good and proven coaches. we just have duds like arthur, rabiot, rugani, mds (etc) in key positions. out of yesterday's team, no one could have broken into our '17 starting 11. those who were there 5 years ago, only got older and slower, and the younger guys are simply worse than their predecessors.

but but but the coaches. stop this nonsense and look at our squad.

Mar 9, 2006
even though sarri was a bad fit, he and allegri are good and proven coaches. we just have duds like arthur, rabiot, rugani, mds (etc) in key positions. out of yesterday's team, no one could have broken into our '17 starting 11. those who were there 5 years ago, only got older and slower, and the younger guys are simply worse than their predecessors.

but but but the coaches. stop this nonsense and look at our squad.
Sarri has turned Dybala into the world class, Sarri was given exactly 0 players for his project, Sarri had to fight pneumonia during pre-season training camp and was unable to properly train the squad, Sarri had to face 3.5 month stop in the middle of the season because of COVID, he absolutely deserved to be here for 2nd season

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 17)