Andrea "Il Bruco Brutto" Agnelli (73 Viewers)

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
Which would benefit us financially a lot, so not too bad of an idea. But this could also end ugly depending on which clubs decide to play it and which decide to stay out
Sad to say this but clubs like Real Madrid and Barca are too powerful. UEFA depend on them than vice versa. Remains to be seen what 'compromises' UEFA would be willing to make but it's pretty clear to me that the super league clubs have the upper hand. They are what drives the sport.

Buy on AliExpress.com

kappa96

Jun 20, 2018
Sad to say this but clubs like Real Madrid and Barca are too powerful. UEFA depend on them than vice versa. Remains to be seen what 'compromises' UEFA would be willing to make but it's pretty clear to me that the super league clubs have the upper hand. They are what drives the sport.
The laughable part is that Uefa , fifa , figc ,english associations, etc all pretend that they care about the fans and not the money and irrelevance that comes from it.
And what's not to like ? Every week we would have an juve vs the best of the world to look forward to with full stadiums and what not.
Gone would be the beneventos , ghost like stadiums , double measure of the federation etc.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
What they want is more big games, which means better tv and sponsorship deals. The compromise is to reform the CL and national leagues, so you get more CL games and less domestic. Like lets say you reduce Serie A to 14 teams and make 10 team groups in the CL, thats the same number as 'guaranteed' games as now, but way more derbies obviously. But Agnelli also wants guaranteed spots for historical clubs so lets see

The Quazis

Dec 21, 2012
Can't wait to be the Arsenal of the Super League :weee:
I rather fight with the best and lose than be a big fish in a small pond. What you wrote is Arsenal worthy, pussy mentality.

- - - Updated - - -

Leave club to Lapo.
Lapo is disgusting. Saw his interview on Rai with some fat blonde and to say he's cringe is like saying nothing at all.

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
What they want is more big games, which means better tv and sponsorship deals. The compromise is to reform the CL and national leagues, so you get more CL games and less domestic. Like lets say you reduce Serie A to 14 teams and make 10 team groups in the CL, thats the same number as 'guaranteed' games as now, but way more derbies obviously. But Agnelli also wants guaranteed spots for historical clubs so lets see
Yeah, I remember him saying he wanted more games in Europe and less domestic games. It's too big a reform to happen immediately though but that's the path we're heading fortunately or unfortunately.
Club football will soon become a closed shop like American sports.

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
Any attempts by UEFA to stop the formation of a super ligue would border antitrust activity which I assume wouldn't fly in the EU

Euros please lend your thoughts

quick edit - both antitrust and anticompetitive practices by UEFA

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 69)