Andrea "Il Bruco Brutto" Agnelli (104 Viewers)

Pirlo's Beard

Junkie Joe Joyce
Oct 2, 2013
Bail Parma out of a sticky situation? No thank you. It's not our faults their higher ups are/were useless fucks and even though I have no real dislike towards Parma I think we should be busy sorting out plans for a mercato worthy of the soon to be 4x undisputed champs of Italy and not spending our change helping Parma avoid the inevitable for another few months.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
We'd be stupid to put any money to bail parma out, nobody bailed fiorentina or napoli out before them so parma shouldn't be the exception. I do empathize with those affected by the situation there but this is their mess. Whilst I doubt every club in serie A will help put money towards it especially the smaller clubs who can't afford to. This is down to the league and parma to resolve, and not that of the other clubs involved, if ferrero (samp's president) feels that strongly about helping parma then he should just shut the fuck up and do something about it, I admire his passion but at times he just talks out of his ass

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
Those teams finished their seasons, I'd suggest that is the only reason there is talk of this.
If a club like cesena or empoli faced the same situation as parma are would there be talk of a bail out plan contributed by the other clubs in the league? Based on their history I doubt it. Tbh this is as much as the figc's problem as it is parma's they need to start regulating any potential owners buying clubs rather than let someone else pick up the bill later.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
If a club like cesena or empoli faced the same situation as parma are would there be talk of a bail out plan contributed by the other clubs in the league? Based on their history I doubt it. Tbh this is as much as the figc's problem as it is parma's they need to start regulating any potential owners buying clubs rather than let someone else pick up the bill later.
I really don't know, it's not something which commonly happens.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
http://www.wsj.com/articles/how-europe-roots-for-the-champions-league-1424721670

By Joshua Robinson
Feb. 23, 2015 3:01 p.m. ET

------------------------------

PJ-CA254_COUNT_16U_20150223145116.jpg

If you’re watching the UEFA Champions League round of 16 these days, chances are you’re supporting Juventus or Barcelona. After all, most of Europe is.

According to Forza Football, a Sweden-based fan app that collects data from more than 4 million users across the continent, Juve or Barça was the favorite remaining Champions League team in 32 out of 45 countries polled.

For the Spanish giant, it makes perfect sense. Barcelona has won the tournament three times in the past decade and is backed from Iceland to Slovenia. Juventus was more surprising. Despite being crowned champions of Italy three years in a row, the club has only reached the quarterfinals of Europe’s most prestigious tournament once since 2006. And still, it retains a huge following in Eastern Europe.

For teams with more recent success, like English club Chelsea or Bayern Munich of Germany, titles have bred contempt on the rest of the continent. Chelsea, among the favorites this season, is only the top club in Great Britain, according to Forza. Bayern’s major appeal, meanwhile, is in Germany and Austria. As for the defending champions, Real Madrid, Los Blancos only carry four countries—including Hungary and Luxembourg, but not Spain.

Paris Saint-Germain isn’t much for reaching beyond its home country’s borders, either, but boasts the most random combination of fans: France and Sweden. Still, there is an explanation. PSG’s biggest star is Malmö native Zlatan Ibrahimovic.

-------------------

http://football-italia.net/63048/juventus-most-popular-europe

:touched:

- - - Updated - - -
@Seven

:D

- - - Updated - - -

Arsenal :lol:

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Perfect timing for this article to come out with your intense motives today. :lol:

- - - Updated - - -

Also a perfect time to highlight how much badass undervalues this team and its board. :tup:

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
I like this guy. Looks like he genuinely cares for the club and his upbringing played no small part in it. His reactions on the stands can't be faked. Juventino to the core.

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
Yeah he's one of the rare club figureheads that cannot fake his reaction when the club wins or loses. His emotions are so real that even his unibrow can convex into a smile.

Alex-444

Sep 5, 2005
Juventus President Andrea Agnelli blasted Italian football chiefs, accusing Manchester City and PSG of “financial doping.”

The patron sat down with German magazine Die Zeit ahead of Juve’s Champions League visit to Borussia Dortmund.

“I am not the leader of the opposition in Italian football, because we don’t have a Government,” said Agnelli.

“Nothing happens without a meeting of the Presidents. The Lega Serie A itself is weak and has no authority, nor its own management. This leads to a less transparent situation, for example with TV rights, and a conflict of interest.

“We ought to change some of our ideas and behaviour. With few exceptions, the Presidents are all 60-70 years old. There are few in their 40s.”

Agnelli also warned the bankruptcy of Parma, who needed a €5m bailout package from the Lega Serie A just to finish the season, is “the tip of the iceberg.

“The fact a club can reach this point is down to the bad management of Italian football. I am not worried what people in Italy think of the country, but I am worried by what you overseas think of us.

“Old stadiums are one of the causes of this crisis, I agree 100 per cent. It is our generation’s job to leave our children with a different football, one that is better and more transparent, but also a better country.

“Without doubt there are differences between me and other Serie A Presidents. In my view it should be run like the Premier League by people who bring the League forward as a product with a strategy to develop and export our football.

“In James Pallotta, the Roma President, we have found an ally. Are more foreign investors welcome? I don’t care where the investment comes from, but I can assure you Juve will remain Italian.”

Juve have arguably the worst reputation abroad because of the Calciopoli scandal, which saw them stripped of two Serie A titles and demoted in 2006.

“It’s not right to say we’ve been rehabilitated. We accepted the sentence of the sporting trial, but that was all done in a month and new information emerged afterwards that was not taken into consideration.

“Three years ago we presented a request for damages worth €443m on lost income. We are waiting for the hearing.”

Agnelli also blasted the massive clubs who have challenged the Financial Fair Play regulations.

“At this moment there are four clubs who are beyond compare in terms of revenue: Real Madrid, Manchester United, Bayern Munich and Barcelona.

“They are followed by PSG and Manchester City, who however operate on a system of financial doping. If we take those two clubs out of the table, Juventus rise to eighth place. My objective is to reach fifth position in three or four years.”

Juventus also want to climb up the pecking order in the Champions League, starting with the Round of 16 against Borussia Dortmund.

“We are Juventus. We have to win every game.”

Paid-off-Ref

Dec 16, 2004
“They are followed by PSG and Manchester City, who however operate on a system of financial doping. If we take those two clubs out of the table, Juventus rise to eighth place. My objective is to reach fifth position in three or four years.
.”

Awesome that we have a plan and won't have the PL trounce us with their new TV deal. I wonder what revenue areas he is so optimistic about growing in order for us to reach 5th place.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 96)