Andrea Dossena (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 10, 2006
Did a search and could not find any threads on him. If there is already a thread on him my bad. Anyways, here goes:

This is from foxsports.com

Dossena sets sights on Juve move

http://msn.foxsports.com/soccer/story/9648272/Dossena-sets-sights-on-Juve-move

Andrea Dossena has admitted his struggle adapting to English football and revealed his desire to leave Liverpool for Juventus this summer.

The Italian left-back has only had one season at Anfield but has struggled to adapt to the pace of the Premier League and fallen behind Fabio Aurelio and Emiliano Insua in the battle for a first-team spot.

"I have talked to (Rafael) Benitez. He is a wonderful person and has understood my problem," Dossena told Tuttosport.

"He told me that if they receive an offer that satisfies both the club and me, he will facilitate my transfer. I would run to Juve. They showed interest in me last year, but then Liverpool stepped in and wrapped things up in less than an hour.

"In England they play continuously and the hardest training session does not last more than 40 minutes, but I need to train longer.

"Now I truly hope to join Juve and start a new life."

Buy on AliExpress.com

CAPITANO

58 ' SUPER SIC ' 58
Jul 12, 2006
I know this is Bullshit, I just had to post it, it has to be one of the best transfer rumors ever, it made me laugh so much

Liverpool setting up superstar swap deal?

Italian sources suggest that Andrea Dossena's desire to leave Liverpool for Juventus will result in the Reds attempting to bring the best of Italian talent in the opposite direction.

Rafa Benitez is desperate to find a striker to play "in the hole" behind Fernando Torres and, despite his age, Alessandro Del Piero fits the bill.

The 34-year-old Italy international has been tremendously loyal to Juve, but the chance to play in the Premier League for Liverpool may be too tempting to turn down.

Liverpool will have to fork out a huge amount in wages for Del Piero, but the sale of Dossena to Juve will make him more affordable.

According to Italian sources, the details of the deal being negotiated is as follows: Dossena is valued by Liverpool at £8m, but Juve are only prepared to pay £6m if Del Piero moves in the opposite direction.

The sticking point is the terms of the deal being offered to Del Piero by Liverpool but, with £6m about to be in their coffers soon, the Reds feel they can offer the maestro a £60k per week two-year contract.

http://www.fansfc.com/story/12136.html

:lol: :rofl2:

Tha Bo$$

May 15, 2003
I'd prefer we got Criscito back than sign another LB that struggles with defending. We need a RB too - Zapata is my first choice for that, as he could be the new Thuram and possibly switch to being a CB once Cannavaro retires.

Mar 30, 2006
HAHAHA so we shave a 8 million fee down to 6 by throwing in Del Piero into the deal? I seriously hope whoever wrte that article sucks balls in hell for the rest of time.

Anyway aside from exchanging Ale. I would not mind Dossena (if criscito does not ocme back) He has not looked good at liverpool but I think it has been hard to settle in a diff league and country. He would do well in Juve's defence back here in Italy. Last year he had a fantastic season before going to Pool.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)