Andrea Barzagli (9 Viewers)

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
Something I picked up on VS what clearly shows the importance of Barzagli for us. From 2011 since he has come:

With BARZAGLI
Appearances: 87
Defeats: 9
Average number of goals conceded: 0.58
Average points per game: 2.14

Without BARZAGLI
Appearances: 30
Defeats: 6
Average number of goals conceded: 1.13
Average points per game: 1.67

I find this incredible. We're if anything Barzagli dependent. From the first game he played here my immediate thought was "this guy is pure class".

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
That one clearance in the first half when the H. Verona-player was completely free inside our area :tuttosport:

We were being hit on the counter and Barzagli instinctively realized that a cross would come in so he turned and started running the other way, towards the Verona-player, and timed his header perfectly for a great clearance. Epic stuff!

He did start off a bit more shakier than usual, though, but that was only in the beginning of the match. He quickly started beasting like the Barzagli we all know.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
That one clearance in the first half when the H. Verona-player was completely free inside our area :tuttosport:

We were being hit on the counter and Barzagli instinctively realized that a cross would come in so he turned and started running the other way, towards the Verona-player, and timed his header perfectly for a great clearance. Epic stuff!

He did start off a bit more shakier than usual, though, but that was only in the beginning of the match. He quickly started beasting like the Barzagli we all know.
Yep that moment was epic. Fantastic awareness, can't believe how good this guy has turned out for us these past few years. Phenomenal CB.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
Was Barzagli's man who won the header at the back post that lead to Verona's goal.
It wasn't back post, it was more like 10 yards from the goal and bigger mistake was letting the ball bounce in a six yard box. You can't win every header.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 9)