Andrea Barzagli (10 Viewers)

tyouto

catenaccio
Aug 8, 2011
There wouldn’t have been any problems if I had been booked, we’re a strong side and someone else would have been able to step into my position without my absence being felt.

such a humble person he is

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
So, now that it's been established he's good, people are going to start going overboard and bigging him up when he's had to do almost nothing?

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
So, now that it's been established he's good, people are going to start going overboard and bigging him up when he's had to do almost nothing?
people do that with messi, ronaldo, falcao, jovetic, benzema, van persie, rues, goatze...etc.

when those guys play well against the tons of crappy opponents all we hear is "omgz x playter is da best eva!

why cant we do it with our own?

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Feel free.

I just think it's noticeable that Barzagli has passed a threshold where he now gets big praise for that kind of performance.

I doubt there would have been a single post in his thread after the equivalent comfortable display last season.

Scottish

Zebrastreifenpferd
Mar 13, 2011
I can remember a couple of important tackles and interceptions which got him a big cheer, though. To me he really is playing that well.

His marking and positioning is excellent. Quite often you see the other team look to make a pass out to their left, but they think twice because Barzagli moves in to make it impossible. And even if they do pass it his tackling is excellent. He also has great vision and makes the right pass out of defence. Plus he's surprisingly quick as well as strong.

These together make him the best CB in the world at the moment

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
Honestly, this guy has made defense very entertaining for me to watch. These days I find myself constantly just watching how he moves and operates and dude is so extremely smart and never gets himself into trouble.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 9)