Andrea Barzagli (20 Viewers)

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
Why would people be furious about signing van Bommel for free? The same van Bommel who was a huge contributor for both Bayern Munchen who made it to the CL final and Holland that almost won the world cup. Luca Toni and Barzagli are two scrub players that have nothing to do in a club like Juventus at this point of their careers.

The Curr

Feb 3, 2007
Why would people be furious about signing van Bommel for free? The same van Bommel who was a huge contributor for both Bayern Munchen who made it to the CL final and Holland that almost won the world cup. Luca Toni and Barzagli are two scrub players that have nothing to do in a club like Juventus at this point of their careers.
Are you familiar with juventuz.com?

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
What a great signing. He will prove to be a true world champion, displacing both Chiellini and Bonucci as the team's ace CB, while scoring freely from corners and free kicks, and guiding this team to an unlikely Scudetto, aided by none other than our other "champion" signing Luca Toni!

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
Are you familiar with juventuz.com?
Yes but I still don't think people would mind having van Bommel at this point, as long as we won't offer him a huge 5 year contract. A 33 year old van Bommel would be like signing Essien in comparison to all the shit Marotta has been dragging into this team lately.

The Curr

Feb 3, 2007
Yes but I still don't think people would mind having van Bommel as long as we won't offer him a huge 5 year contract. A 33 year old van Bommel would be like signing Essien in comparison to all the shit Marotta has been dragging into this team lately.
Quagliarella, Aquilani, Bonucci, Sorensen, Krasic, Pepe, Storari. :tup:

Jun 13, 2007
Quagliarella, Aquilani, Bonucci, Sorensen, Krasic, Pepe, Storari. :tup:
These are all good players but I'm not sure they're all brilliant signings.

Quag was superb. I was pleasantly surprised by how he did with us.
Aquilani is hot and cold. Can be brilliant and can be absolutely shit.
Bonucci is consistent most of the time. Okay player.
Sorensen looks like a good future prospect. I think we need to strengthen that position further.
Krasic is our best signing. Just great.
Pepe is, again, a decent player. He wouldn't see the starting 11 in any top class European team.
Storari is good.
Motta is shit.
Traore is fine.

All in all if I had to assess Marotta's career with Juve so far, I'd say he's done well to provide a lot of squad depth. We really have a lot of good players; even compared to Inter or Milan. Our bench is much stronger than most of the teams in Serie A. That goes without saying, however, the problem with Marotta is with the exception of Krasic and perhaps Quag, he hasn't been able to sign great player that will take this team to the next level.

I would have preferred to get 2 more superb players instead of buying 10 good/average ones. But that's just me.

Jun 13, 2007
one day at a time...we needed to improve the structure before we can add the luxury signings.
We can't afford to do that. If we don't make it in the top 4 this year because of this whole 'rebuilding' project; we're pretty much fucked. Remember that we haven't even signed Aquilani and Quag yet. If we get screwed out of the C.L money; there's no way we can stay competitive anymore. Soon enough, we'll have to finish in the top 3.

Frankly; We're not even in the top 6 right now and that really worries me. It's going to take something of a miracle to see this team finish 4th. Seriously.

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
So by lately, you mean Toni and Barzagli?

Pepe has been a very good signing so far.
Yes, also the whole Floro Flores thing that was for real and not just a rumour.

If Pepe is a "very good signing" then I guess we've either completely lost our standards or it just doesn't take too much to be considered as a very good signing. Pepe is irrelevant, he doesn't offer too much and the team wouldn't notice his absence.

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
We can't afford to do that. If we don't make it in the top 4 this year because of this whole 'rebuilding' project; we're pretty much fucked. Remember that we haven't even signed Aquilani and Quag yet. If we get screwed out of the C.L money; there's no way we can stay competitive anymore. Soon enough, we'll have to finish in the top 3.

Frankly; We're not even in the top 6 right now and that really worries me. It's going to take something of a miracle to see this team finish 4th. Seriously.
from my understanding, we have signed them but announcing it as a 'loan' means we get an extra year to pay off the fee.

Marotta has already said we will sign both.

as for getting into CL, we will do it.

Jun 13, 2007
I didn't say any of them were brilliant.
I know, but I wouldn't use them all as examples to defend Marotta's success. By Moggi's standard; these transfers truly were shit even though they can be considered relatively good players. I, and I'm sure many members in this forum, have a very high standard for what kind of players join this team, you can thank Moggi for that.

So even though; it's reasonable to say that the players we bought might be good for the future; we don't have the time or the resources to wait for later success. It's not about being reasonable, however, it's about wanting to win at all costs no matter how absurd. That's how championship teams are made; when nothing is compromised.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 18)