Andrea Barzagli (45 Viewers)

PedroFlu

Sep 20, 2011
He was a monster during the match.

But I'm sorry to say that the first goal is mostly his fault.

At the beginning of the play, when Neymar received the ball in the elbow of the box, every one was on their man.

Neymar brillantly pulled back to the left to open space to Iniesta go in. The thing is that when Neymar pulled back, Licht was on there. Barzagli should have kept his position. He went after Neymar when Licht was already there. It was 2 defenders against 1 guy, and it left a hole in the middle. And that was that. Bonucci had to leave his position to defend Iniesta, and Rakitic was left alone.

It's really in a fraction of seconds decision, and Vidal should be with Iniesta.

But it all started with Barzagli falling for Neymar's movement and attraction, not paying attention that Litch was already there. And Vidal's lack of attention to follow Iniesta closely and disturb the play.

Buy on AliExpress.com

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
He was a monster during the match.

But I'm sorry to say that the first goal is mostly his fault.

At the beginning of the play, when Neymar received the ball in the elbow of the box, every one was on their man.

Neymar brillantly pulled back to the left to open space to Iniesta go in. The thing is that when Neymar pulled back, Licht was on there. Barzagli should have kept his position. He went after Neymar when Licht was already there. It was 2 defenders against 1 guy, and it left a hole in the middle. And that was that. Bonucci had to leave his position to defend Iniesta, and Rakitic was left alone.

It's really in a fraction of seconds decision, and Vidal should be with Iniesta.

But it all started with Barzagli falling for Neymar's movement and attraction, not paying attention that Litch was already there. And Vidal's lack of attention to follow Iniesta closely and disturb the play.
For me it's more on Licht's shoulders. HE didn't close down Alba properly, gave him too much space and time. Vidal was too late and Pirlo was watching.

Valerio.

Jul 5, 2014
Notizie
Foto
Video
La Squadra
Calciomercato

Juve, che brutta tegola: Barzagli fermo 20 giorni
© www.imagephotoagency.it
Juve, che brutta tegola: Barzagli fermo 20 giorni

Il difensore salterà la Supercoppa a Shanghai

This guy is over. It's a injury after injury. He should retire and i'm sad cause he is a beast of defender

Scottish

Zebrastreifenpferd
Mar 13, 2011
Does anybody else still find it funny how unknown this guy is?

Best defender in the world and even after keeping 'The greatest footballer of all time' Messi quiet in a fucking CHAMPIONS LEAGUE FINAL nobody knows who he is. Too funny when you think about it :rofl:

Pirlo's Beard

Junkie Joe Joyce
Oct 2, 2013
Does anybody else still find it funny how unknown this guy is?

Best defender in the world and even after keeping 'The greatest footballer of all time' Messi quiet in a fucking CHAMPIONS LEAGUE FINAL nobody knows who he is. Too funny when you think about it :rofl:
Somewhere along the line, Chiellini became the Italian defender people bothered to know of in other countries. Probably because people are obsessed with nostalgic 'old fashioned' stuff including players who will crunch you and then hoof the ball out for a throw in.

HAZEM

L'architetto
Apr 22, 2008
as i much i love this guy but we have Rugani. time to play and shine. i hope the best for Barza!
best CB after the Cannavro and Nesta era!

Scottish

Zebrastreifenpferd
Mar 13, 2011
Somewhere along the line, Chiellini became the Italian defender people bothered to know of in other countries. Probably because people are obsessed with nostalgic 'old fashioned' stuff including players who will crunch you and then hoof the ball out for a throw in.
Chiellini still gets included in all kinds of lists of best defenders and gets 90+ ratings on video games.

Not complaining too much, things like that raise our profile but still I'd like to see credit where credit's due and Barzagli given his props.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
In the same way, Gentile would be far more well known here than Scirea.

Does that apply to the rest of the world or is it just the UK?

Scottish

Zebrastreifenpferd
Mar 13, 2011
In the same way, Gentile would be far more well known here than Scirea.

Does that apply to the rest of the world or is it just the UK?
I think the football media in general hype the same players, no? Japanese video game makers seem to evaluate players along the same lines, too. It must be fairly universal like that then.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 45)