Andrea "Il Bruco Brutto" Agnelli (26 Viewers)

IlCapitano

Dec 16, 2012
Inter and Milan with wins tomorrow go 9 and 10 pts ahead. And we have to play Milan and Inter in the space of what, 10 days? This could all unravel really, really quickly. Make the smart move, make the change now, swallow your pride, fuck Nedved and Paratici, let them leave if they want. Bring the man back

Boksic

May 11, 2005
Sacking Allegri (arguably one of the best coaches in our history and certainly one of the most successful)
Pushing out Marotta for Paratici
Sarri
Hiring a coach who hasn't coached a team for more than a few weeks and hasn't even completed his coaching badges
Overseeing the demise of our midfield
Paying money for Sarri when Chelsea were going to sack him
Bringing back Bonucci
Captaining Bonucci
Sarri
Refusing to back Allegri when he saw where we needed strengthening
Hiring Sarri when he stuck the middle finger up to the fans
Giving his 5-aside buddy Nedved a key role in the running of the club despite no experience (seems like a theme here)
Changing our logo to a letter
Getting rid of the stripes
Not insisting on an experienced backroom team to help Pirlo
Turning us gradually into a plastic soulless club

We have been going downhill for a while and Agnelli needs to steady the ship and stop making such ridiculous decisions.

Jun 16, 2020
Sacking Allegri (arguably one of the best coaches in our history and certainly one of the most successful)
Pushing out Marotta for Paratici
Sarri
Hiring a coach who hasn't coached a team for more than a few weeks and hasn't even completed his coaching badges
Overseeing the demise of our midfield
Paying money for Sarri when Chelsea were going to sack him
Bringing back Bonucci
Captaining Bonucci
Sarri
Refusing to back Allegri when he saw where we needed strengthening
Hiring Sarri when he stuck the middle finger up to the fans
Giving his 5-aside buddy Nedved a key role in the running of the club despite no experience (seems like a theme here)
Changing our logo to a letter
Getting rid of the stripes
Not insisting on an experienced backroom team to help Pirlo
Turning us gradually into a plastic soulless club

We have been going downhill for a while and Agnelli needs to steady the ship and stop making such ridiculous decisions.
Too negative for me this one mate, sorry.

Different perspective:
- Established a 9 times consecutive winning Serie A team, nothing as ever seen before
- Changed a near bankrupt club tot a top 10/11 richest football club in Europe, and that with one of the best paid players of this world in our squad
- Hired Conte, hired Allegri
- Created a environment that’s very interesting for investors, commercial revenues skyrocketed in the last years, unlike any other Italian club
- U23 and women’s team
- New training ground, headquarters etc
- Became one of the most important presidents in football
- Never stopped fighting for the Calciopoli Scudetti

Stripes (I guess) are Adidas’ fault

Nedved has been in our board practically since he stopped playing football, even though he had a different role. We can’t say that he didnt had experience.

Besides this, future wise:
- Acknowledged the mistakes we made with buying players and high contracts immediately after Lyon kicked us out of the CL, spent a whole summer fixing those problems with the board
- Didnt hire any mercenaries; like it or hate it, but I believe that Nedved, Pessotto, Agnelli, Paratici, Chiellini (his brother) are true Juventini and that they aren’t here to just receive their paychecks
- Within 2 seasons, changed the squad to a young team with perspective, and as spoken many times before lowering the salaries, average age etc

If we look to everyone we’ve seen at this club since ‘06, Agnelli is the guy I probably respect most, and who had arguably the most positive influence on this club. I respect him to much to hate him after a few mistakes (you could argue about hiring Sarri, sacking Allegri, hiring Pirlo, but some disagree that it was a mistake to sack Allegri, and some don’t see Pirlo as a failed project yet, so that’s pretty subjective, no one knows how Pirlo will end).

This guy is responsible for our standards nowadays.

juve123

Aug 10, 2017

Different perspective:
- Established a 9 times consecutive winning Serie A team, nothing as ever seen before
- Changed a near bankrupt club tot a top 10/11 richest football club in Europe, and that with one of the best paid players of this world in our squad
- Created a environment that’s very interesting for investors, commercial revenues skyrocketed in the last years, unlike any other Italian club
- U23 and women’s team

Nedved has been in our board practically since he stopped playing football, even though he had a different role. We can’t say that he didnt had experience.

- Acknowledged the mistakes we made with buying players and high contracts immediately after Lyon kicked us out of the CL, spent a whole summer fixing those problems with the board
- Didnt hire any mercenaries; like it or hate it, but I believe that Nedved, Pessotto, Agnelli, Paratici, Chiellini (his brother) are true Juventini and that they aren’t here to just receive their paychecks
- Within 2 seasons, changed the squad to a young team with perspective, and as spoken many times before lowering the salaries, average age etc

If we look to everyone we’ve seen at this club since ‘06, Agnelli is the guy I probably respect most, and who had arguably the most positive influence on this club. I respect him to much to hate him after a few mistakes (you could argue about hiring Sarri, sacking Allegri, hiring Pirlo, but some disagree that it was a mistake to sack Allegri, and some don’t see Pirlo as a failed project yet, so that’s pretty subjective, no one knows how Pirlo will end).

Do you think he will admit a mistake in sacking Allegri or his ego is too big

Boksic

May 11, 2005

Different perspective:
- U23 and women’s team

Don't get me wrong I'm not against him and grateful for what he has done for the club, particularly his decisions 10 or 11 years ago.

The points I mentioned are mainly issues over the past few years (and largely out of frustration of the result in midweek), however I stand by that he has made some poor and reckless decisions recently and needs to start making more sensible decisions.

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
Allegri cannot be brought back, not with Sarri still being on our paycheck. Fuck knows what guarantees Allegri would have asked for and whether he'd be ready to take over in the middle of the season. Basically we know nothing.

I'm pretty sure Pirlo won't be fired as long as we stay in the scudetto race and finish within top 4. There's still a massive financial cleanup to be done within the club, a lot of loaned players will be back come next Summer and you still have to improve the squad somehow.

At this point Pirlo's Juve have shown they can play good games. No consistency is the problem and it can be explained by lack of motivation/tiredness and this is the biggest task ahead of the whole club, to push the players. I'm sure Agnelli will be looking for solutions in-house, there's a reason for the senators to be still here.

Then again, Milan and Inter really started to believe in it. Both have interesting squads and the momentum which haven't happened to them for years now. I'd say it's quite natural to see those two wanting it more. They hungry af, unlike Juve. Hopefully the team have noticed it by now, this should bring some fresh motivation. After all, competition always does well to push yourself more.

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
Do you think he will admit a mistake in sacking Allegri or his ego is too big
Great question tbh

I don’t think he ever will because it will make him look incompetent and weak.

Incompetent for making the decision to fire a perennial winner to hire Sarri.

And weak for being coerced by to two unqualified subordinates into making the decision.

Far from alpha

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 20)