André Villas Boas - Manager - Porto (6 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nofuture

Mar 30, 2003
Why I'm against Marotta? I think he lacks ambition and I don't like how he's obsessed with Italian players.
It's not so easy to clean up after Secco. He sorted out quite a few problems, I'm convinced he can finish the job next season.

And Italian players always been Juventus style...

Krasic, Sorensen and Martinez doesn't so very Italian by the way.

Buy on AliExpress.com

only-juve

Jan 5, 2008
It's not so easy to clean up after Secco. He sorted out quite a few problems, I'm convinced he can finish the job next season.

And Italian players always been Juventus style...

Krasic, Sorensen and Martinez doesn't so very Italian by the way.
4 foreigners and 11 Italians that he brought, see the difference :rolleyes:

Fake Melo

Ghost Division
Sep 3, 2010
Actually, this whole Marotta needed to clean up after Secco shit is really get boring. Marotta didn't need a revolution, he just needed an evolution. He had a choice, he could continue to build from where Secco left or start all over again. He did not need to bring a 4-4-2 horny limited coach. He could have brought a coach who knows how to play a trequartista. Instead of bringing medicore Italians like Pepe and Motta he could have signed Caceres permanent or loaned him for another season. Marotta put himself in this mess and it's up to him to get out of it.
He asked our board for two-three years and that's what he is getting, there is nothing we can do about it. He only needed to bring a better coach and players with ambition.

Nofuture

Mar 30, 2003
Actually, this whole Marotta needed to clean up after Secco shit is really get boring. Marotta didn't need a revolution, he just needed an evolution. He had a choice, he could continue to build from where Secco left or start all over again. He did not need to bring a 4-4-2 horny limited coach. He could have brought a coach who knows how to play a trequartista. Instead of bringing medicore Italians like Pepe and Motta he could have signed Caceres permanent or loaned him for another season. Marotta put himself in this mess and it's up to him to get out of it.
He asked our board for two-three years and that's what he is getting, there is nothing we can do about it. He only needed to bring a better coach and players with ambition.
I don't agree with you. Secco left Juventus with useless overpaid players and bloated wage budget, there was almost nothing left after him. Not all players agreed to leave. Juve wasn't such attractive club like it was before and money were tight. He needed to strengthen all positions in a club he managed to do cover most of them. Of course he needed revolution.
I remember reading in this forum for cries to bring players like Motta, it's not his fault that mother***ker backfired, Cecares wasn't that impressive, so Marotta was right to risk. Same with Martinez, he was quite a player in Catania. Pepe is good squad player and does well on right side, he should be sub for Krasic.
In my eyes he's done a decent job, I agree Moggi might have done better, but it's Marotta's first year, so let him settle and he will deliver. And for same reasons I would support Del Neri as well. We were changing coaches way to often in recent years, plus Luigi was backed by most of our key players.

May 22, 2007
Then we wouldn't have Krasic.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Then we wouldn't have Krasic.
I think you're wrong, Salv. IIRC, being loaned/co-owned/owned doesn't make a change in this case. Caceres was already registered for Juve and if we bought him then he wasn't going to take a non-EU spot, because he already took one when we loaned him and registered him in 2009/2010.

Or did you have something else (financial aspect) in mind when you said that buying Caceres was gonna result with not buying Krasic?

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
I think you're wrong, Salv. IIRC, being loaned/co-owned/owned doesn't make a change in this case. Caceres was already registered for Juve and if we bought him then he wasn't going to take a non-EU spot, because he already took one when we loaned him and registered him in 2009/2010.

Or did you have something else (financial aspect) in mind when you said that buying Caceres was gonna result with not buying Krasic?
I thought his buyout price was 12 million

JuventinMalti

Apr 5, 2006
Very interesting that people around here were saying, Portugese league is easy, Villas Boas has yet to prove himself, blah blah blah, especially when you consider that three Portugese teams are still in contention for EL, a competition that Italian teams have been out of for quite a while, and this Juventus side is sitting in 7th place in a league which has practically no Italian teams in any European competition.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)