Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
Wahdan

Wahdan

Ace of Spades
Mar 14, 2009
  • Thread Starter #5
    He seems an amazing talent from that YouTube video. I hope Secco gets him.

Jun 21, 2003
    Judging from the Fed Cup and other videos, he's excellent in the attacking game. And that's extremely important when we switch to 4-3-1-2. But I havent seen enough of him to judge him defensively.

Does anybody know him better there? I dont want Roberto Carlos part II, but a complete back.

Hust

Hustini
    May 29, 2005
    Shit, I'd take a young Roberto Carlos. This guy's value will be too high, unless we don't spend our money on D'ago then perhaps. Grosso is still the most economical, sadly enough...

Mar 14, 2004
    Judging from the Fed Cup and other videos, he's excellent in the attacking game. And that's extremely important when we switch to 4-3-1-2. But I havent seen enough of him to judge him defensively.

Does anybody know him better there? I dont want Roberto Carlos part II, but a complete back.

Brazil and defense don't have a lot in common..... but i'd take him anyway,if we learned Sissoko how to pass,we can teach this fella to play defense

v1rtu4l

Mar 4, 2008
    He seems an amazing talent from that YouTube video. I hope Secco gets him.

so let me summarize:

he is a left back:

in the video you do not see him once tackle
    you do not see him cross
    you see him mostly playing in central positions where he just shoots on goal and some flukey keeper jumps under the ball or something.

did you ever look up the desciption of a "left back" ?

if he really is a left back he needs to learn to do the things expected from a left back and not play through the centre (obviously leaving his side totally exposed to counter attacks).

i am not impressed at all (by that video)

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
    Sep 21, 2008
    He made one poor defensive tackle against RSA but other than that he was defensively solid. He didn't have much work to do though. He might just be one of the best attacking LBs around so he's got that in his favour.

Mar 14, 2004
    so let me summarize:

he is a left back:

in the video you do not see him once tackle
    you do not see him cross
    you see him mostly playing in central positions where he just shoots on goal and some flukey keeper jumps under the ball or something.

did you ever look up the desciption of a "left back" ?

if he really is a left back he needs to learn to do the things expected from a left back and not play through the centre (obviously leaving his side totally exposed to counter attacks).

i am not impressed at all (by that video)
    Similiar video was shown for Cicinho when he went to RM,and look at him now hehe.

Santos is strong on the ball and knows how to penetrate side or the center. He has a habit of going into center and make one player more,which could be useful if Ciro is willing to take that risk.

I can't wait for the Internacional-Corinthians fixture on 1.7. so I'll keep an eye on him closely....

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)