André Gomes - Midfielder - Valencia (3 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

noki

Apr 28, 2016
I'm not a big fan of statistics sites, I tend to think they tend to be biased towards age of the players and form of the team, among other things, probably.

And I'm pretty sure real-life managers don't use them to "select" their players. Maybe if you're playing football manager or something of the sort.

I don't know Pjanic well, I've only seen Roma a couple of times this year (against RM in the CL), and can't say he caused any sort of impression. I struggle to remember even if he was playing those matches. Remember well the fast guy, Salah maybe? Very fast, but missed a lot chances..

By reading how he's regarded in his wiki page, can't say he'll cost the same as Gomes. Are you guys sure Juve can afford him? Roma can afford to let him leave? Either way, he looks the better player, clearly.

Buy on AliExpress.com

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
I'm not a big fan of statistics sites, I tend to think they tend to be biased towards age of the players and form of the team, among other things, probably.

And I'm pretty sure real-life managers don't use them to "select" their players. Maybe if you're playing football manager or something of the sort.

I don't know Pjanic well, I've only seen Roma a couple of times this year (against RM in the CL), and can't say he caused any sort of impression. I struggle to remember even if he was playing those matches. Remember well the fast guy, Salah maybe? Very fast, but missed a lot chances..

By reading how he's regarded in his wiki page, can't say he'll cost the same as Gomes. Are you guys sure Juve can afford him? Roma can afford to let him leave? Either way, he looks the better player, clearly.
He has a 38M clause so Roma has no say in his future. If we can agree terms with the player we have a great chance to sign him

noki

Apr 28, 2016
He has a 38M clause so Roma has no say in his future. If we can agree terms with the player we have a great chance to sign him
I just saw a video of him, you should just give him what he wants.. don't let an english club get to him or it will be a waste of a very good player

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
Pjanic most definitely isnt WC.Big statement to make but he's obviously much better than Gomes at this point.
Pjanic is also more unlikely though and the more tougher deal to do.
You'd be surprised how good Pjanic fares compared to Pogba and Marchiso.

G&A

Pogba: 8 G and 12 A in 3019 min.
Pjanic: 10 G and 12 A in 2654 min.
Marchisio: 0 G and 2 A in 1931 min.

Passing

Pogba: 48.5 passes/game, 83.4% success rate, 1.5 keypasses/game.
Pjanic: 65.5 passes/game (beast), 84.9% success rate, 2.4 keypasses/game (beast).
March: 63.5 passes/game, 88.5% success rate (beast), 1 key passes/game (God I miss Pirlo).

EDIT: For my own entertainment. Pirlo's last season with us passing stats.

Pirlo 2014/15: 72.7 passes/game (God), 89.2% success rate (God), 2.2 key passes/game. They said Pirlo had no role in our last season :lol:

Pirlo 2011/12: 86.4 passes/game (God is his bitch), 92.9% success rate (God is his bitch), 3.4 key passes/game (God is his bitch). Best passer of all time easily.

Defense

Pogba: 2.2 tackles/game (beast), 1.3 Interceptions/game, dribbled past him 0.7/game (beast)
Pjanic: 1.4 tackles/game, 1.5 interceptions/game, dribbled past him 1.4/game
March: 2.1 tackles/game, 2.8 interceptions/game, dribbled past him 1.3/game

So this is a guy whose numbers are excellent. He is more creative than Pogba, he is at the heart of everything Roma does offensively, is great in possession and defensively is not too bad. Even his average rating on Who scored is between Pogba's and Marchisio's both of which are consistently good players.

Pogba and Marchisio are top level players and so is Pjanic. Gomes (based on just stats) is a level below them.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
I just saw a video of him, you should just give him what he wants.. don't let an english club get to him or it will be a waste of a very good player
I hope we do. Bayern is also interested according to rumors as well as PSG. Hope he choses a place where he would be a sure starter and an important player, which is us

duranfj

Jul 30, 2015
Gomes still suits us better cuz he's a natural B2B. Pjanic isnt. Nevertheless your stats post is really good.

BTW if we can get Pjanic for 30m, It would be insane to let him go. At the same time, if Valencia is really asking for 60-65m they could go and (do) themselves.

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
Pjanic is clearly much better than Gomes now. Offensively and in terms of passing he is on a different planet. Defensively he is slightly better than Gomes.

I am sick of looking up stats so someone else has to do it. But compared to youngsters his age (Gomes), how good are his stats? How well does he fare relative to Rabiot? Lemina? Stururururu? Saul? Kovacic in Inter days? The bayern kid whose name I cant remember? Someone make the comparison. Why is this kid rated for 30-60 mill?

Juvellino

Mar 19, 2015
Pjanic is clearly much better than Gomes now. Offensively and in terms of passing he is on a different planet. Defensively he is slightly better than Gomes.

I am sick of looking up stats so someone else has to do it. But compared to youngsters his age (Gomes), how good are his stats? How well does he fare relative to Rabiot? Lemina? Stururururu? Saul? Kovacic in Inter days? The bayern kid whose name I cant remember? Someone make the comparison. Why is this kid rated for 30-60 mill?
I feel like if he wasn't linked with us people would be laughing at all the PL clubs possibly paying 40-60m euros

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
Please let's not bring up stats when Gomes played on a shit team coached by Gary Neville of all people.

Juvellino

Mar 19, 2015
Pjanic is a no brainer. He is an established very good player, he can be the AM Allegri has wanted all along. He could also play in our 3-5-2 preferably when Marchisio is fit. He is in his prime, is fairly priced and on reasonable wages. Getting him also hurts a rival and will make their fans lose their minds.

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
the best reason to want pjanic is so that he kiss the juve badge after he scores a goal so roma fans lose their minds.

otherwise dont care who we get ability wise. doesn't matter anyway we won't win the CL with allegri ever

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
the best reason to want pjanic is so that he kiss the juve badge after he scores a goal so roma fans lose their minds.

otherwise dont care who we get ability wise. doesn't matter anyway we won't win the CL with allegri ever
ZOMG. I agree with Lion. :shocked:

dolph

Mar 30, 2006
Perhaps he is, but year after year he's getting better, so I'm not sure if he reached his zenith yet. Considering his technical abilities, and especially his vision and intelligence, I personally expect him to have his best seasons at 28-31.
We are focusing on his stats this season, but we seem to forget that last year too he was serie A's top assistman. For two years running he's the best assistman in the league and that stat is only getting better through the years.

In the last 4 years he has these stats:
2012/13 4th best rated player in Roma; 2nd best in Roma in created chances
2013/14 Top 7 in serie A in average rating; 8th best in serie A in created chances; Roma's 2nd best rated player after Benatia; Most man of the match awards in Roma; 3rd best passer in Roma
2014/15 Top assistman in serie A with 10 assists; 6th best in serie A in creating chances; Most created chances in Roma; Roma's 2nd best passer; Most man of the match awards in Roma
2015/16 Top assistman in serie A with 12 assists; 2nd best in serie A in creating chances (Hamsik created the most); top 5 in average rating in serie A; Roma's best rated player; Roma's best passer

His development is obvious. Getting better every year, to the point that he's in the elite in the last 2 seasons.
I get what you are saying. At 26 Panic could still improve. I was merely trying to point out that the players are different places in there carriers so a comparison of stats between the two players does not make much sense at the moment. With Gomes we would be paying for potential, with the risks and potential gains that kind of investment brings.

Pjanic has impressive stats in Serial A, but for me he seems to dissapear and fails to be a dominating player in the big CHL matches. The best CM in the world normally shine through in those kind of matches. Look at a guy like Veratti. Very similar to Pjanic in playing style, but on the big occasions, he shines through as the player in CM who has that little bit extra.

Then again as somebody pointed out we have those type of players in Pogba, Dybala and Morata(Maybe), so he does not necessarily need to be "the go to guy" in this Juve. Ever since Pirlo left we have been lacking some creativity and maybe Pjanic could be a good player to solve those issues.

- - - Updated - - -

My suggestion would be to try an watch some of Valencia games. Try to assess he's qualities, then consider he's age, experience, mentality, the league he played in, etc.. Then use our own knowledge about football and try to make an informed opinion about him and if he is worth a 30-60 mio. investment. People around here are way to obsessed about stats instead of actually watching the players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)