André Gomes - Midfielder - Valencia (5 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

noki

Apr 28, 2016
Fresh new video from Valencia marketing or something for Gomes 2015/2016 best moments:

The way I see it, his talent is undeniable. As a Valencia follower it will be hard to lose him, as he is one of those players capable of lifting people from their seats, particularly when he decides to carry the ball from one side of the pitch to the other, make a curling long pass or run into the defenses like a crazy person. Delicious to watch live, as his touch clearly has a class very rarely seen. This season wasn't his best (as Valencia's) (I think he needs stability and a proper manager capable of giving motivation), but still, he tended to appear big on the big matches, as you can see in the video.

Enjoy!

noki

Apr 28, 2016
Valencia fan ? Welcome to the forum.

Any new update on what's the latest on his future ? :D
Thanks. More like Valencia follower. Like the team, but it's not "my team" ;)

Obviously that status doesn't allow me to have privileged information, but from following Valencia local media, it seems people are resigned they're going to lose him. Personally I'd prefer him to go to Juve or Serie A, at least, I think he can develop better with the kind of football played there, instead of the EPL. I think 30m is the just price, if you pay more, it will be for his potential..

Tomate

Jul 19, 2014
You all should get used to clubs having seemingly unreasonable demands, just to see them fulfilled at some point. Wouldn't be surprised if United signs Gomes for 50m-60m at some point. I think people underestimate what era we are entering, last year Valencia sold Otamendi for 47m€ to City, the Martial-United deal was crazy, Bayern essentially just paid 60m€ (35m + 45m in bonus, 5m for each 25 games aka 25m in bonus payments after 125 games + 20m if he win's the ballon'dor) for an 18 year old talent no one knew a year ago. And Bayern usually is more restrained than the league that bought Andy Carroll for 41m.

And the funny or not so funny thing about that is: That was before the new massive PL deal - that starts in 16/17 - made it into the bank accounts of the EPL clubs. So you will see a new standard for prices, the Dybala's of the future will cost 50-60m, not 35-40m. Teams like Monaco, Porto, Benfica, Valencia and so on the all want some of that sweet new EPL money, they are not going to make exceptions for Serie A teams.

That's also why it sucks that we probably will lose Morata for 30m. In this market, with all prices being inflated and him being full of talent, he is easily worth 50m-55m.

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
Fresh new video from Valencia marketing or something for Gomes 2015/2016 best moments:

The way I see it, his talent is undeniable. As a Valencia follower it will be hard to lose him, as he is one of those players capable of lifting people from their seats, particularly when he decides to carry the ball from one side of the pitch to the other, make a curling long pass or run into the defenses like a crazy person. Delicious to watch live, as his touch clearly has a class very rarely seen. This season wasn't his best (as Valencia's) (I think he needs stability and a proper manager capable of giving motivation), but still, he tended to appear big on the big matches, as you can see in the video.

Enjoy!
Unlike Pjanic :D

Welcome and thanks for the video link.

Tbh I can see why we'd want him ahead of Pjanic. He's stronger, looks better defensively, he can carry the ball Pogba-style and he's a real presence in the middle (seems difficult to disposes). I guess we want an AM that's a all-rounded CM who could stay deeper or move to a wing to make some room for Pogba. On paper our new buy will be an AM but in reality that guy could play deeper than Pogba and that's understandable considering how Pogba is developing.

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
Juventus still does not find an agreement with Valencia for the transfer of Andre Gomes, the Portuguese international midfielder born in 1993, as reported by Tuttosport , the situation would be on "stand-by", with Juventus ready to offer 30 million plus 20 bonus to the Spaniards, who, however, would demand 60 million Euros to release the player. Andre Gomes, however has already reached an agreement with Marotta and Paratici, expressing the desire to arrive at Juve next summer.Valencia hopes to extend the negotiations with the Italian champions until the end of the EURO's, trusting in the increase in the evaluation of the Gomes' price with the addition of other clubs, mainly English, for the purchase of the Portuguese player.

If they delay negotiations,we arent getting him for sure.

napoleonic

Sep 7, 2010
You all should get used to clubs having seemingly unreasonable demands, just to see them fulfilled at some point. Wouldn't be surprised if United signs Gomes for 50m-60m at some point. I think people underestimate what era we are entering, last year Valencia sold Otamendi for 47m€ to City, the Martial-United deal was crazy, Bayern essentially just paid 60m€ (35m + 45m in bonus, 5m for each 25 games aka 25m in bonus payments after 125 games + 20m if he win's the ballon'dor) for an 18 year old talent no one knew a year ago. And Bayern usually is more restrained than the league that bought Andy Carroll for 41m.

And the funny or not so funny thing about that is: That was before the new massive PL deal - that starts in 16/17 - made it into the bank accounts of the EPL clubs. So you will see a new standard for prices, the Dybala's of the future will cost 50-60m, not 35-40m. Teams like Monaco, Porto, Benfica, Valencia and so on the all want some of that sweet new EPL money, they are not going to make exceptions for Serie A teams.

That's also why it sucks that we probably will lose Morata for 30m. In this market, with all prices being inflated and him being full of talent, he is easily worth 50m-55m.
this, this is the already happening reality that many juventini still seem unable to cope with, no way we are going to get anyone decent and who's at least under some spot light at 30 million range anymore...

Unlike Pjanic :D

Welcome and thanks for the video link.

Tbh I can see why we'd want him ahead of Pjanic. He's stronger, looks better defensively, he can carry the ball Pogba-style and he's a real presence in the middle (seems difficult to disposes). I guess we want an AM that's a all-rounded CM who could stay deeper or move to a wing to make some room for Pogba. On paper our new buy will be an AM but in reality that guy could play deeper than Pogba and that's understandable considering how Pogba is developing.
and this, gomes > pjanic, the familiarity with serie a factor is so outdated concept to be used to rate someone.

gomes - marchisio - pogba, what a scary midfield to play against...

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
The main objective to strengthen the midfield for Juventus is Andre Gomes. Marotta has the approval of the player and now must deal with Valencia who ask about €45-€50 million. Juventus, for Andre Gomes ,can spend €30 million plus €20 bonus.We could get more news on this front from the tour in Singapore by Valencia, in fact, Andre Gomes could talk to President Lim-SKY

noki

Apr 28, 2016
He's stronger, looks better defensively, he can carry the ball Pogba-style and he's a real presence in the middle (seems difficult to disposes). I guess we want an AM that's a all-rounded CM who could stay deeper or move to a wing to make some room for Pogba. On paper our new buy will be an AM but in reality that guy could play deeper than Pogba and that's understandable considering how Pogba is developing.
Yep, that's Gomes, all right.

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
The name of André Gomes continues to be at the center of the thoughts of Juventus. The offer that Juventus would make to Valencia precisely is 30 million Euros plus 20 in the form of bonuses. And from Corso Galileo Ferraris, the feeling is that we can get an agreement soon. The termination clause is 60 million euro, but the Bianconeri is hoping to bring the 22 year-old midfielder in Turin in a more sustainable investment.-TS

InterMerda

Feb 9, 2016
30m + 20m in bonuses is still a lot for a player with no end product...

I'd take him for 25m + 10m in bonuses. He's a very skillful player, a really good dribbler but lacks consistency and end product. His decision making is not the best either.

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
Btw VAT for foreign clubs is much higher from what i know,dont know the %.So its unlikely to see any team trigger the clause even with all the money imo especially when he is coming off a so-so season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)