André Gomes - Midfielder - Valencia (34 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
I think he's our #1 target. It's a Dybala-esque transfer. If you're going to splash a huge transfer fee it might as well be for someone with 10 years ahead of them, low wages and the ability to grow in market valuation.

I think this is our operating mandate nowadays. I know everyone likes the idea of buying 1 or 2 great, established players every mercato but I think our board prefers the players who make sense investment wise.

For example, economically it might make more sense to pay the same money for Gomes that you would for Pjanic. Obviously Pjanic offers other guarantees footballing wise but in terms of potential years of service to the club, wages and re-sell value, Gomes probaby comes out ahead.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Pjanic would make an instant impact and give us at least 6-7 solid years of service in the long run. That along justifies the 38m price tag. You can't put a price on a player that leads the League in assists or is at the top each year.

duranfj

Jul 30, 2015
You know I'm with you in this, yesterday I fought against everyone here cuz of this Gomes-Pjanic thing.

I'm 100% agree with Gomes-main target after Cheesio injured, our new Draxler and I hope we buy him.... But 65m is way too high, maybe I would get use to that kind of amount in the future. But right now it looks like way too much

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
It's easy to justify a high price tag on a striker because you can quantify their pros/cons: goals & assists.

A bit harder for a midfielder because they score less. So a 65m midfielder needs to be producing a steady flow of assists, goals and general attacking play ala Pogba.

Is Gomes worth 65m?

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Pjanic would make an instant impact and give us at least 6-7 solid years of service in the long run. That along justifies the 38m price tag. You can't put a price on a player that leads the League in assists or is at the top each year.
:tup:

+ its not nearly the same pricetag. They want 65M for Gomes according to the rumours

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
:tup:

+ its not nearly the same pricetag. They want 65M for Gomes according to the rumours
With pjanic we know what we will be getting. Attacking link up play with the striker, assists and free kick goals galore.

Gomes is not worth 65m

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
Pjanic would raise the quality level of our midfield instantly while Gomes might take time depending on how fast he adjusts to the Juventus setup.He'd be seen as more of an investment at this point like Dybala as Mikem pointed out.

This transfer would be much more doable if Gomes himself asks to leave for Juventus though like Benatia-Bayern where Roma had to settle for a lower fee in the end.
I still remain very pessimistic about this potential transfer.Same with Pjanic because of obvious reasons.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
If Gomes were the same price as Pjanic, I still don't think I would take Gomes. Yes, I understand that he is younger, but Pjanic only just turned 26. He still has 5-6 really good years ahead of him

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Gomes will not go for 65M.
United is interested

- - - Updated - - -

With pjanic we know what we will be getting. Attacking link up play with the striker, assists and free kick goals galore.

Gomes is not worth 65m
Pjanic is the ideal player for us. If you would have to describe a player we need at the moment the description would match Pjanic perfectly. Just pay the damn clause and get him here

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
If Gomes were the same price as Pjanic, I still don't think I would take Gomes. Yes, I understand that he is younger, but Pjanic only just turned 26. He still has 5-6 really good years ahead of him
Maybe even more given that his game is based more on skill and vision than pace and power. A player like that can go comfortably till about 33-34 IMO.

duranfj

Jul 30, 2015
Completely disagree. Gomes fit a lot better. He's a B2B like Pogs or Vidal, so he fit perfct in a 3-5-2. why do you have this fixation about Pjanic as a very versatile player, he is a great AM and good as CM and regular as DM.

Gomes could play in more position in a better level than Pjanic.

The only problem is the fee. Way too high IMO. In that case, we can get Diawara+Pjanic and obviously I rather two great players in their positions.

- - - Updated - - -

At the same fee or even a couple of millions extra I would go on Gomes over Pjanic

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
I think he's our #1 target. It's a Dybala-esque transfer. If you're going to splash a huge transfer fee it might as well be for someone with 10 years ahead of them, low wages and the ability to grow in market valuation.

I think this is our operating mandate nowadays. I know everyone likes the idea of buying 1 or 2 great, established players every mercato but I think our board prefers the players who make sense investment wise.

For example, economically it might make more sense to pay the same money for Gomes that you would for Pjanic. Obviously Pjanic offers other guarantees footballing wise but in terms of potential years of service to the club, wages and re-sell value, Gomes probaby comes out ahead.
not by much. Gomes is much more likely to flop or never reach pjanic's level.

Apr 19, 2007
I just dont see us spending big on this guy unless he is a guaranteed talent. Marotta know we have been really successful in the market but one or two big signing flop can really set you back for years

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
Gomes won't cost more than 30-32m plus some bonus variance. 65m isn't likely even from the EPL. That kind of money can buy them better players than Gomes ATM.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 32)