André Gomes - Midfielder - Valencia (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
I like that Gomes is quite comfortable passing with both feet. He does that very well. He also seems strong and not easily beat off the ball. And he is very direct. He gets the ball and immediately likes to run forward into space, something Khedira has shown glimpses of. Notice Marchisio holding back and spreading the play, it will be nice to have a midfielder surge forwards and that way we can let Pogba do whatever the hell Pogba wants.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
:agree:

Looks like a complete package to me.

Would be a great replacement for Marchisio, at least until he comes back fully fit.
He can't play regista / holding mid, needs to be further up. This is according to Valencia fans who watch him on weekly basis. He either plays box to box CM or fiills in as AM or wing for them.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
He can't play regista / holding mid, needs to be further up. This is according to Valencia fans who watch him on weekly basis. He either plays box to box CM or fiills in as AM or wing for them.
This. Not sure why so many people are calling him a Marchisio replacement. Gomes isn't suited to being the deepest mid. Very much an attack minded creative player.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
They don't know him and want a solution to the Marchisio situation so it's wishful solution. But Marchisio is covered by Lemina. Gomes coming means Pereyra and Sturaro are fucked for playing time.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
They don't know him and want a solution to the Marchisio situation so it's wishful solution. But Marchisio is covered by Lemina. Gomes coming means Pereyra and Sturaro are fucked for playing time.
Wondering if we should look to sell Pereyra?

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
We should look to sell Hernanes or SturaroPereyra is a good flexible player to have in squad . One injury filled season doesn't make him absolete.

napoleonic

Sep 7, 2010
I meant Gomes is not a classical AM.An eclectic midfielder who can play various positions including AM which would rule out any move for the Isco's and Mkhitaryan's of the world.
mkhitaryan has even less flair and fancy than gomes you know, he's kinda rich man prince boateng.

j0ker

Capo di tutti capi
Jan 5, 2006
Oh.

Never saw him playing besides a couple of youtube links where it seems everything goes through him in midfield, that's why I assumed that he plays regista.

If we keep the three man midfield and Marchisio returns with Gomes instead of Khedira, how do you think it will work between him and Marchisio organizing the play?

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
It's hard to say, Pogba will still have most creative outlet, so Gomes would like Khedira make mostly box to box runs. Tho he is more technical and creative then Khedira who is more off the ball smarts and combinations so it would be interesting to see. But that's until winter time because I don't expect Marchisio to be starting until November or December.

j0ker

Capo di tutti capi
Jan 5, 2006
So basically unless we switch to 4-3-1-2 he will have to fight for a spot with Khedira.

As much as I like Lemina, I'd rather have Gomes organizing the play even as a box-to-box.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Not sure id trust some Valencia fans on where he would play here. I don't know either but we don't know how differently Max would use him compared to how he plays for Valencia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)