André Gomes - Midfielder - Valencia (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
Well there is a clear timeline match between Morata's recompra and our renewed interest in Gomes so my first inclination would be to think Morata's money could go towards Gomes instead of Pogba being sold. But who knows.

da_ledgeaun

The Juve Freak
Jun 2, 2007
If Gomes comes he will be taking Khedira's spot, we know he wont be fit all season, and we always struggle when we dont have him in the squad and had to deputize him with Sturaro/Hernanes..

Pjanic/Marchi, Gomes/Sami
As mentioned by Marotta, he wants 2 players for each position.. We will definitely try to cover those that are injury prone first.

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
In all honesty, ain't seen jack on this player. Is he really worth what I'm seeing here??
He looks like a really classy player. But to be honest, i've seen less than a handful. Started watching out for him only after we were linked.

And my track record kind of sucks, when it comes to liking future juve midfielders ;)

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Many people bring this up, but there's no correlation. Beppe clearly said we won't negotiate for Pogba and that he wants to stay here next season.
What Marotta says changes quickly and are seldom truthful during Mercato.

Fact is we signed Pjanic, us going for even more expensive Gomes (40-50m)who we don't have spot for in starting lineup. So that litterally means making room for someone, who do you think?

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Well there is a clear timeline match between Morata's recompra and our renewed interest in Gomes so my first inclination would be to think Morata's money could go towards Gomes instead of Pogba being sold. But who knows.
That struck me too but it also makes little sense since we have to buy a direct Morata replacement anyways.

Cerval

Feb 20, 2016
What Marotta says changes quickly and are seldom truthful during Mercato.

Fact is we signed Pjanic, us going for even more expensive Gomes (40-50m)who we don't have spot for in starting lineup. So that litterally means making room for someone, who do you think?
Pjanic, Pogba and Gomes can play in the same midfield.

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
That struck me too but it also makes little sense since we have to buy a direct Morata replacement anyways.
Well if we are intent on declining 30M offers for Zaza, this tells me he is really the Morata replacement. We would have to buy cover for Dybala.

Mandzukic/Zaza and Dybala/_______ makes more sense I think.

I don't know if that player is going to be a 30M player or necessarily even has to be that expensive.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
We have only spent 32 mil so far, and sold 30 mil.

We can easily spend 50-60 mil above sales, like last year.

So if were to pull Gomes for 40-50.. That would leave whatever funds we get from selling the likes of Hernanes - Pereyra and some youth for a striker. 30-40 mil is very doable.

Gomes costing 60 mil makes it very outlandish. But between 40-50 mil is reasonable.

As well as potentially developing Pogba's replacement in anticipation of selling him next summer.

I don't see a purchase of Gomes necessitating a Pogba departure

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Well if we are intent on declining 30M offers for Zaza, this tells me he is really the Morata replacement. We would have to buy cover for Dybala.

I don't know if that player is going to be a 30M player or necessarily even has to be that expensive.
Zaza being Morata replacement scares me more then anything else this coming season.

But I would fine with signing an SS if it's Gabriel Jesus.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013

:tup:

- - - Updated - - -

Zaza being Morata replacement scares me more then anything else this coming season.

But I would fine with signing an SS if it's Gabriel Jesus.
You are more worried about Zaza behind Mandzu, than going into the season with an almost complete unknown in 19 year old Gabriel Jesus as our Dybala backup?

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
I don't see a purchase of Gomes necessitating a Pogba departure

I would love to agree with this sentiment, but the second I see Gomes official I will hug my Pogba shirt goodbye...

Learned my lesson after Khedira - Vidal and Tevez - Dybala (two examples where fans thought they would play together last year), and this is bigger example of it since this is such an expensive player to get to be just used alongside Pogba after we signed Pjanic.

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004

Yeah getting someone cheap as forward would not be so bad, if that means keeping Pogba and getting Gomes.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
I would love to agree with this sentiment, but the second I see Gomes official I will hug my Pogba shirt goodbye...

Learned my lesson after Khedira - Vidal and Tevez - Dybala (two examples where fans thought they would play together last year), and this is bigger example of it since this is such an expensive player to get to be just used alongside Pogba after we signed Pjanic.

I was pretty certain Tevez was gone even before we signed Dybala. The Vidal thing was pretty crazy.

As I said though, I could really see this signing as admission that the club will sell him next summer after one more CL push this year. Give Gomes a year to settle into the squad. Allegri and Beppe have been talking about keeping the squad as intact as possible and having two quality options at each position.

That's just my opinion though. I think it depends on how we deal with deadwood like Hernanes, Pereyra, Asamoah, or whatever combination of midfielders we sell.

Gep

The Guv'nor
Jun 12, 2005
He looks like a really classy player. But to be honest, i've seen less than a handful. Started watching out for him only after we were linked.

And my track record kind of sucks, when it comes to liking future juve midfielders ;)
Same here. Every avatar I put up as a current player he either gets sold, turns to shiit, or doesn't join.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002

- - - Updated - - -

You are more worried about Zaza behind Mandzu, than going into the season with an almost complete unknown in 19 year old Gabriel Jesus as our Dybala backup?
Yes, yes I am. I actually seen Gabriel Jesus for 3-4 full games in a row now. This kid talent is the real deal, just like it was instant for me to see Dybala for Palermo being the real deal even if he suprised me how quickly he adapted.

I love Zazas fighting attitude and heart, but he is an average fairly limited striker I wouldn't want to rely on as first attacker off the bench and play as much as Morata did. He isn't good enough for it, it's that simple. He is fine 4th striker when you need urgency and rest the better players, but doesn't have enough quality to to regularly rely on as consistent impact in rotation or off bench often.

The club sees it so too since we will for sure sign a Morata replacement instead of rely on Zaza.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)