André Gomes - Midfielder - Valencia (15 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
Brand United remains surprisingly unaffected by the lack of CL for players and coaching possibilities alike. The appeal of the EPL makes their job easier, but also their spending remains unaffected by the lack of CL revenue. A coach like Mou also keeps the brand aspirational for players across leagues, and those looking to make a move, especially from a smaller team, as is the case of Gomes and Valencia. Jorge Mendes will also play his part.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
Yeah,its not like he's going to Tottenham or West Ham.He'd be going to the biggest club in England who have just appointed a high profile manager of the same nationality as Gomes.
Wouldnt hold anything against him if he goes there.

JuveID

Allegri and Beppe Mania
Feb 5, 2015
If we believe Gomes can become a top-class player the same way we believed Dybala could, there should be no reason not to pay those 40 millions, as much as it may hurt. Prices of player that can make a difference at a club with CL ambitions won't get cheaper, whether we like it or not.

If we don't believe in Gomes as much as we did in Dybala we obviously shouldn't spend 40m. I don't follow Valencia, so i can't tell what's right.
Dybala did not want to move abroad.
It really helped us to close the deal.

DUKAC

Feb 29, 2012
I watched him playing for Portugal-Norway last night.He played the whole game.He does some good passing playing in front of defenders.Obviously he got potential but for 30+20 mil (even if that price is accurate),I will take Pjanic every day of the week.

Luftwaffles

Il terzo uomo
Dec 1, 2005
I predict that Gomes would fail in the EPL and would probably continue to develop faster by remaining in Spain. So many from the Iberian peninsula have perished in the Premier League, especially those that suffered at Manure.

Roman

-'Tuz Fantasy Master-
Apr 19, 2003
I watched him playing for Portugal-Norway last night.He played the whole game.He does some good passing playing in front of defenders.Obviously he got potential but for 30+20 mil (even if that price is accurate),I will take Pjanic every day of the week.
I agree,better spend that money on someone ready and established who also knows the league,the language etc...
Hopefully we go no more than 30M here.

Jun 6, 2015
Or they are just trying to use United to drive the price up. It's pointless either way as we won't be participating in any bidding wars. Can see this transfer being another Draxler saga.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
now that's some funny stuff:
http://www.vecchiasignora.com/topic...agnoli-temono-braccio-di-ferro-col-giocatore/

marotta would like to reach an agreement with valencia for gomes, with the agreement with the player already in the bag, but valencia got mad, because beppe is putting pressure onto the player since january. so valencia are afraid (yes, that's what's in the tuttosport quote) to confront the player, and even refused to meet marotta in milano (valencia came to sell negredo), blaming a "last minute commitment". beppe's offer of 30+20 still remains, but according to tuttosport, man.utd are ready to offer a higher bid.

:shifty:

i remember dealing with bilbao for llorente was similarly painful.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
It's easy to see why teams will just hold on to players now, with so much money floating around the Premier League, they can afford to bide their time. Ideally they'd wait until the Euros hoping that he has a great tournament, he ends up playing like a turd, no one else comes in for him...and then Beppe fucks them off, with Valencia never receiving such a good offer again for the player.

AOD4

Nov 24, 2004
Valencia reportedly told Juventus to forget negotiations for Andre Gomes and even cancelled all meetings.

Spanish newspaper AS claims Valencia directors are increasingly irritated at the Juve courtship of their midfielder.

He has a release clause set at over €100m and the club wants €50m for his signature.

With Juve clearly not going to meet that figure, Valencia have cancelled planned meetings and warned they will not negotiate any more.

Gomes does not seem particularly eager to leave the Mestalla either, so Juventus have to look elsewhere.

lgorTudor

Jan 15, 2015
Valencia reportedly told Juventus to forget negotiations for Andre Gomes and even cancelled all meetings.

Spanish newspaper AS claims Valencia directors are increasingly irritated at the Juve courtship of their midfielder.

He has a release clause set at over €100m and the club wants €50m for his signature.

With Juve clearly not going to meet that figure, Valencia have cancelled planned meetings and warned they will not negotiate any more.

Gomes does not seem particularly eager to leave the Mestalla either, so Juventus have to look elsewhere.
That does sound like Beppe.

close bread and move on

Aug 26, 2014
yes, all summer sagas have proven to be successful after Beppe acted in the exact same manner as he is acting with gomes and pjanic.
It's every summer like this to be honest but he did bring in Dybala last summer so i'm getting my hopes up. He is willing to spend if he thinks it would be worth it we'll see what happens next.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Lol, if those are the reports then is a not donde delio.

Beppe obvs penny pinched an they got mad.

50 mils is too much anyways

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 12)