Ancelotti opens door to Del Piero (18 Viewers)

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
I think I'd have to say Capello has to take up fair share of the blame for such ridiculous comments on Alex. Its fine if he doesnt cut it anymore, but then again, in moments like these he should be given a chance to prove otherwise. Lapo Elkann doesnt deserve making such comments as does the Luca guy. That punto comment was in very very poor taste. And if this is how they're going to get rid of Alex, then I hope he joins Milan and does well for himself. Just so he can do all the talking on the field. Which is the mark of his champion.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
++ [ originally posted by IncuboRossonero ] ++

What you mean and what you SAY is two different things...

Calling a middle eastern person a terrorist and then saying "I only meant.." doesn't cut it BUDDY. Its not the sh*theads I took seriously its the mafia comment and I have a right to...its really a digusting comment towards Italians.
Actually I heard rumours that Berlusconi has connections with the Mafia

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
In Italy anyone who makes it big is linked to the mafia. Speculation is always rife with Italians, especially when you become famous!

Maher

Juventuz addict
Dec 16, 2002
Juve: We can't afford Del Piero Friday 16 September, 2005

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Juventus patron Lapo Elkann has again publicly humiliated Alessandro Del Piero, dubbing the captain “an expensive luxury for the team.”

Elkann, the heir to the Agnelli throne, has already run up column inches in the Italian Press with his comments on Del Piero and Bianconeri target Antonio Cassano, but this latest tirade is possibly his worst yet.

“Del Piero costs too much for what he brings to the table,” Elkann was quoted as saying in ‘Il Giornale’. “He is a luxury that we cannot afford any longer.”

The Italian international earns approximately £3m per season and his contract expires in 2008, but the fact that Fabio Capello has left him on the bench for most of his time in charge suggests that he’ll be parting company with the club sooner rather than later.

Elkann is not the only FIAT owner to make such statements, as last week Luca Cordero di Montezemolo pointed out, “I’d prefer Cassano to Del Piero as a testimonial for the new Punto, as he is more likeable.”

This will only add to reports that Del Piero will leave Juve as early as January, with offers from Japan, Arsenal, Manchester City or even Milan.

Emerson has rushed to the defence of his teammate in today’s Press Conference. “I saw Del Piero training well and he has recovered from his injury. He’s important to all of us.”

Meanwhile, there has been a vote of confidence for Manuele Blasi, who has extended his Juve contract by one year. The midfielder, who played as a right-back in the Champions League this week, is tied to the club until June 30 2009

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Zizou ] ++
In Italy anyone who makes it big is linked to the mafia. Speculation is always rife with Italians, especially when you become famous!
Actually I heard it only about Berlusconi

djleli

Aug 12, 2004
i hate this shitty rumuors:
Lapo: Mai parlato di Del Piero, il suo futuro non mi riguarda
Venerdì, 16 settembre @ 21:46:00 CEST

Il centrocampista brasiliano della Juventus, Emerson ha dichiarato in conferenza stampa: "Del Piero non è un lusso, ma fa parte di un gruppo in cui tutti i giocatori che lo compongono hanno lo stesso valore. In panchina non ci va solo lui e comunque siamo tutti contenti che Alex sia con noi".
Chiaro il riferimento alle parole di Lapo Elkann, che ha detto al 'Giornale': "Del Piero costa troppo per quello che rende, è un lusso che non ci possiamo più permettere".

Lo stesso Lapo Elkann ha poi scritto una lettera al direttore de 'Il Giornale' per smentire il tutto: "Caro Direttore - scrive il responsabile brand promotion di Fiat Auto - il suo quotidiano ha riportato alcune mie presunte dichiarazioni su Alessandro Del Piero, mentre io ho passato la mia giornata a parlare di Grande Punto e di musica. E' per me doveroso precisare non solo che non ho mai parlato di Del Piero ma che il valore ed il destino del capitano bianconero non sono questioni che riguardano, me ma decisioni che spettano solo ed unicamente ai dirigenti della Juventus".

it says:
Lapo: I never talked about del piero, his future doesnt interest me
in the 2nd paragraph it says that lapo sent a letter to the director of Il Giornale (a newspaper) to declare that it was not true.
Dear Director, (write lapo)
your newspaper reports some things i said about del piero, but i had passed all the day talking about the great punto and music. and i want to make the point clear that i did not talk about del piero and also that the future of the juventus captain is not in my hands but its a question which is only in the hands of juventus dirigents

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by m_elayyan ] ++
Juve: We can't afford Del Piero Friday 16 September, 2005

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Juventus patron Lapo Elkann has again publicly humiliated Alessandro Del Piero, dubbing the captain “an expensive luxury for the team.”

Elkann, the heir to the Agnelli throne, has already run up column inches in the Italian Press with his comments on Del Piero and Bianconeri target Antonio Cassano, but this latest tirade is possibly his worst yet.

“Del Piero costs too much for what he brings to the table,” Elkann was quoted as saying in ‘Il Giornale’. “He is a luxury that we cannot afford any longer.”

The Italian international earns approximately £3m per season and his contract expires in 2008, but the fact that Fabio Capello has left him on the bench for most of his time in charge suggests that he’ll be parting company with the club sooner rather than later.

Elkann is not the only FIAT owner to make such statements, as last week Luca Cordero di Montezemolo pointed out, “I’d prefer Cassano to Del Piero as a testimonial for the new Punto, as he is more likeable.”

This will only add to reports that Del Piero will leave Juve as early as January, with offers from Japan, Arsenal, Manchester City or even Milan.

Emerson has rushed to the defence of his teammate in today’s Press Conference. “I saw Del Piero training well and he has recovered from his injury. He’s important to all of us.”

Meanwhile, there has been a vote of confidence for Manuele Blasi, who has extended his Juve contract by one year. The midfielder, who played as a right-back in the Champions League this week, is tied to the club until June 30 2009
Fuck it

lestat_1987

Aug 31, 2005
Europe's biggest clubs are on red alert after Juventus director Lapo ElkanElkann's amazing outburst is the latest episode in Del Piero's long-running saga of his on-off future at Juve.
Only last week, it emerged Juve had been in contact with Arsenal intermediaries encouraging them to bid for the Italy internationaln slated Alessandro del Piero yesterday.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
++ [ originally posted by DelpieroForLife ] ++

ya r not deffinding what he said, r ya :frown: ?
Not at all, and I said that he shouldn't have commented like that, but I was asking if he's really a bastard or not...maybe he knows something about his history.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 16)