an ageing central defence - a problem? (1 Viewer)

OP
HelterSkelter

HelterSkelter

Apr 15, 2005
  • Thread Starter #23
    our defenders being long in the tooth might not effect us in the serei A,where the game is not fast paced,but it can really hurt us in the CL against teams like barcelona or chelsea.this season probably wont be too much of a problem,but maybe moggi oughta have the replacements in mind so they can be snapped up next season.
    id love to see barzagli in our colours next season.he has got every bit of talent to replace canna or thuram.

OP
    HelterSkelter

HelterSkelter

Apr 15, 2005
  • Thread Starter #25
    some of parma's young defenders could do well for us too.paolo cannavaro for one.ive also liked bonera playing as a central defender though his preferred position is on the right back position.

OP
    HelterSkelter

HelterSkelter

Apr 15, 2005
  • Thread Starter #26
    yep,aerial ability is a problem too.a pretty big one actaully.
    and somehow all these problems will harm has more in the CL than in the serie A.

alexrafael

Sep 5, 2005
    i don't think defenders in parma are good choices. once ferrari and bonera are called as new nesta, but now, isn't it a joke?
    in fact, i don't think there are good yong italian defenders now in serie a. in my opinion, some foreigners such as chivu are much better. they've proved to be qualified.

Mr. Gol

Sep 15, 2004
    He is always injured. He barely managed to play 30 matches for Roma in two seasons. Before making a bid I hope Moggi waits how this season goes, before we make a Woodgate style mistake.

OP
    HelterSkelter

HelterSkelter

Apr 15, 2005
  • Thread Starter #34
    contrary to popular belief,i belive mexes is a very good player.
    the whole transfer saga screwed him up at roma.and yes,the atmosphere at the club probably had a part to play in it too.
    i wouldnt mind him at juventus.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
    I don't believe that there will be catostrophic problems as a result of our ageing central defence this year, however, it certainly is something that should be addressed sooner rather than later. Thuram, Kovac and Cannavaro are still good players but age will begin to take its toll on them at some point in time and it's the management's responsibility to have a couple of good young centre backs ready to step in when our current rearguard are incapable of performing at the highest level anymore. I wonder what the future holds for players such as Gladstone, Criscito and Masiello.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by axlrose85 ] ++
    contrary to popular belief,i belive mexes is a very good player.
    the whole transfer saga screwed him up at roma.and yes,the atmosphere at the club probably had a part to play in it too.
    i wouldnt mind him at juventus.
    Agreed about Mexes. IMO he has a lot of ability but he's had it tough since leaving Auxerre. The transfer saga shit probably played a part and the Giallorossi environment wouldn't have helped either. I wouldn't be surprised if we see a completely different Philippe Mexes in 05-06.

OP
    HelterSkelter

HelterSkelter

Apr 15, 2005
  • Thread Starter #37
    off topic :

anyone got any idea abut who'll roma play on the left side of their defence?
    i dont remember who they got when candela moved,he played in that position..rite?

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by axlrose85 ] ++
    off topic :

anyone got any idea abut who'll roma play on the left side of their defence?
    i dont remember who they got when candela moved,he played in that position..rite?
    Cufre.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)