Americans do it better - in your face, Fritz! (4 Viewers)

OP
Seven

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
  • Thread Starter #81
    You don't have to necessarily but point was you should be making fun of B. He's the one that you were going back and forth with and it was him who made you look like a fool. Instead you chose to target Fred and I (who really weren't involved) with your favorite obsession. I find that ironic and cowardly.
    No, that's right. You weren't involved. Now who got you involved? You didn't even look at the argument Byrone presented. You just assumed it was racism. Now you tell me, why is it racism?

Buy on AliExpress.com

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
    I don't know why you think waffles are something exclusively Belgian. Sure, they make okay waffles in Brussels and Liege, but that's about it. Everyone knows that the one product Belgians truly care about is beer. And there's not a single American beer that even comes close ;).
    Well, even despite it not being truly American, Blue Moon is a Belgian Wheat beer, and pretty good. Half the price of some of your imported brews.

But yes, the Belgians make good beers for sure. If only they'd take some of that and apply it to their white-trash trucker stop Waffle Houses... then we'd have a good business going.

OP
    Seven

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
    Jun 25, 2003
  • Thread Starter #83
    You mean those American Waffle Houses? You Americans do love your waffles!

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
    Dude, lets start our own business here. You could SO easily fool Americans with your Belgian background... just name the place after yourself.

OP
    Seven

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
    Jun 25, 2003
  • Thread Starter #92
    Racism is everywhere, but I'll have you know it's 100x easier to integrate as an immigrant here than it is in Europe. American's aren't even close to being as xenophobic as Europe is.
    Peculiar statement to make. Would be very difficult to back up with facts.

JCK

Biased
    JCK
    May 11, 2004
    I don't know why you think waffles are something exclusively Belgian. Sure, they make okay waffles in Brussels and Liege, but that's about it. Everyone knows that the one product Belgians truly care about is beer. And there's not a single American beer that even comes close ;).
    There is not a single beer anywhere that comes close. Belgian beer is the definition of perfection.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
    Well, Tahir has been to both continents. You haven't even drooled on one of our burgers yet. If that's his opinion, it's his opinion. After the whole 9/11 fallacy, with the media behind every single basis of thought, I'm very much surprised to see him claim that.

JCK

Biased
    JCK
    May 11, 2004
    It's enough to back it up with experience. Tahir has been in both places, for example. I know how hard it were for me to integrate in Sweden and I've heard how things went with others having similar background as mine in the United States.

OP
    Seven

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
    Jun 25, 2003
  • Thread Starter #96
    Well, Tahir has been to both continents. You haven't even drooled on one of our burgers yet. If that's his opinion, it's his opinion. After the whole 9/11 fallacy, with the media behind every single basis of thought, I'm very much surprised to see him claim that.
    It's a weird statement, because of the huge differences in Europe itself. You cannot say Italy and Sweden are the same.

Zé Tahir

JhoolayLaaaal!
    Dec 10, 2004
    It's a weird statement, because of the huge differences in Europe itself. You cannot say Italy and Sweden are the same.
    But you can still compare Italy with Sweden when it comes to foreigners acceptance in society.
    Aye. That's something that can be confirmed by facts. Studies show that Sweden ranks in the top 3 or the very top among countries in Europe when it comes to assisting immigrants with integration.

edit: Here.

TOP RANKED NATIONS FOR INTEGRATION

Sweden
    Portugal
    Belgium
    Netherlands
    Finland
    Source: Migration Integration Policy index

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/7043878.stm

Here's the complete list: http://www.integrationindex.eu/topics/2638.html

Italy ranks #6.

JCK

Biased
    JCK
    May 11, 2004
    Aye. That's something that can be confirmed by facts. Studies show that Sweden ranks in the top 3 or the very top among countries in Europe when it comes to assisting immigrants with integration.
    The state assisting immigrants is something and the society accepting them is something else though. For example, a person with the background as mine and the conditions that brought me to Sweden would have got a job as the one I'm occupying now in the USA in much less time than it took me to get it in Sweden. And trust me, that's what most immigrants want, more than the assistance provided by the state.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)